LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 6, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #1,396 of 5,225
Eh, I have to respectfully disagree with this post since I find the A4 to be a huge step up from the A2. Ymmw and obviously does.....

Your right, though the A4 is definately a step up, more accurate-clearer and more revealing, I find it to be more an improvement and refinement of the A2. This shouldn't mean to detract from the A4, which I really do find superb-but should speak of how good the A2 was/is in it's own right. YMMV of course.

Jan 6, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #1,397 of 5,225
Your right, though I think the A4 is better, more accurate-clearer and more revealing, I find it to be more an improvement and refinement of the A2 just not with that 'huge' moniker. This shouldn't mean to detract from the A4, which I really do find superb-but should speak of how good the A2 was/is in it's own right. YMMV of course.

Hey, no worries. I think I said in another thread that I found the A2 to be pretty solid at its price while I find the A4 to be excellent at its price and even beyond. I know I can sometimes come across as harsh and if I did I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention. I highly respect and value that people have different opinions as we all hear things differently but like I said, to me the A4 is on a completely different level compared to the A2 both in sound and build.

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #1,399 of 5,225
Hey, no worries. I think I said in another thread that I found the A2 to be pretty solid at its price while I find the A4 to be excellent at its price and even beyond. I know I can sometimes come across as harsh and if I did I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention. I highly respect and value that people have different opinions as we all hear things differently but like I said, to me the A4 is on a completely different level compared to the A2 both in sound and build.

Absolutely no worries here Peter, if it wasn't for your review and input on the A4's, I wouldn't have jumped on the band-wagon. I owe you the humblest of 'Thanks'. Thoroughly enjoying the A4's.

Jan 6, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #1,400 of 5,225

Just got these lovely ladies in the mail today.

Very well built.

Great cable.

I have to say that the "hype" around here isn't hype.  It's accurate.  The people who did reviews did so with integrity if that wasn't evident by the consistency between them and the impressions posted on the thread.  Or you could say that the IEM's live up to the hype
smily_headphones1.gif

I really really like these
biggrin.gif

I love how the high amount of detail is so smooth
rolleyes.gif
.  It evokes the emotion of artists in a natural way, even gently, but still evoking.  

It's a very pleasant listen with a beautiful balance of sound.  It's so nice to be able to chill and relax to music again with this much detail.  You get to immerse yourself in it without it overwhelming you.

And I love how the lower frequencies are balanced with the present subbass and the controlled midbass...  really opens up the sound while keeping a healthy bass.  I haven't heard anything like that before.

I found modding spinfits with foam from Kombi tips to be very helpful in fit, comfort, and sound.

Such a lovely listen
rolleyes.gif
.  The loveliest listening I have ever had.

Right now I'm cruising on REDb/BLACKf, and might for a while
cool.gif

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #1,401 of 5,225

Very well built.

Great cable.

I have to say that the "hype" around here isn't hype.  It's accurate.  The people who did reviews did so with integrity if that wasn't evident by the consistency between them and the impressions posted on the thread.  Or you could say that the IEM's live up to the hype
smily_headphones1.gif

I really really like these
biggrin.gif

I love how the high amount of detail is so smooth
rolleyes.gif
.  It evokes the emotion of artists in a natural way, even gently, but still evoking.  

It's a very pleasant listen with a beautiful balance of sound.  It's so nice to be able to chill and relax to music again with this much detail.  You get to immerse yourself in it without it overwhelming you.

And I love how the lower frequencies are balanced with the present subbass and the controlled midbass...  really opens up the sound while keeping a healthy bass.  I haven't heard anything like that before.

I found modding spinfits with foam from Kombi tips to be very helpful in fit, comfort, and sound.

Such a lovely listen
rolleyes.gif
.  The loveliest listening I have ever had.

Right now I'm cruising on REDb/BLACKf, and might for a while
cool.gif

Congratulations to have these excellent iem and nice to see you here, 
Please share your impressions of A4 against your's favourite Trinity stuff ,  thanks . 

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #1,402 of 5,225

Very well built.

Great cable.

I have to say that the "hype" around here isn't hype.  It's accurate.  The people who did reviews did so with integrity if that wasn't evident by the consistency between them and the impressions posted on the thread.  Or you could say that the IEM's live up to the hype:)

I really really like these:D ...

I love how the high amount of detail is so smooth:rolleyes: .  It evokes the emotion of artists in a natural way, even gently, but still evoking.  

Such a lovely listen:rolleyes: .  The loveliest listening I have ever had.

Right now I'm cruising on REDb/BLACKf, and might for a while:cool: .

Nicely put. Like most users here, we recommend experimenting -- you'll like one config then easily bounce to another depending your mood. Some filters will either throw more frequencies in the forefront. Same with the soundstage going wide laterally to a more layered forward sound.

I've really drawn by the black front filters because of its width and super smooth easy going frequency balance overall. Like you put it, the details and emotions just ease their way into the music. I think we're both previous owners of the PM4 right? They are quite different but the resolution on this one belongs to a more naturally refined level.

This is my chillax listen at night, my ears are thanking me for the smoothness of its details. Cheers!

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #1,403 of 5,225

Trying the A4 with my newly acquired Shanling M3 tonight. The "synergy" so far is highlighted by the black background with superb decays and refined highs of the M3.

Nabbed it for $191 spanking new. Had to tweak the gain for the highs so as to match the iem signature.

Jan 7, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #1,404 of 5,225
Nicely put. Like most users here, we recommend experimenting -- you'll like one config then easily bounce to another depending your mood. Some filters will either throw more frequencies in the forefront. Same with the soundstage going wide laterally to a more layered forward sound.

I've really drawn by the black front filters because of its width and super smooth easy going frequency balance overall. Like you put it, the details and emotions just ease their way into the music. I think we're both previous owners of the PM4 right? They are quite different but the resolution on this one belongs to a more naturally refined level.

This is my chillax listen at night, my ears are thanking me for the smoothness of its details. Cheers!

Oh yes, I already find myself looking forward to listening sessions devoted to just that.  That is a really good way to put it:  The emotions ease their way into the music.  
  Congratulations to have these excellent iem and nice to see you here, 
Please share your impressions of A4 against your's favourite Trinity stuff ,  thanks . 

Well, overall the smoothness of the detail is the biggest difference between the A4 and Trinity products.  The pm4, being the most extreme example, was basically a steroidal drink of music every time.  It felt like being infused with redbull with every song.  I couldn't really relax to music that was even meant to be chill because the detail was all overly forward.  It's nice to see trinity redo/release the Master as quick as possible because the pm4 really sounded unrefined and even like an unfinished product.  

I prefer the balance of the A4, especially since I'm partial to a natural sound signature, but I still love the delta vII sound, especially with the gold filters and am looking forward to the Atlas Delta, hoping it keeps up with the delta tradition.   But the phantom lineup of trinity has just been too v-shaped for me with too many prominent peaks in the upper frequencies and treble spikes that take away from a good balance the likes of which I heard in the delta vII.  I felt the phantom lineup sacrificed quality of detail for overall presence of detail.  When I listen with the A4, it's like I can finally relax and let go to what ever music is playing...  from contemporary classical to alternative, pop, EDM, electronica, rock, folk...  you name it, I can let go to the music much easier and let if flow through me.  Like @1TrickPony said, the ease of the emotion is really something noteworthy about the sound signature of the A4 and it's something I do love about it.  

I am very happy with the the A4 and see myself not looking for something to top it.  With the trinity products, they left me wanting better balance and refinement of detail.  These are the salient differences for me when it comes to these two companies.

I do think trinity audio has immense potential and I am looking forward to what they can do, but it's really nice to have this A4 that doesn't seem like it could use anymore tweaks.  I feel LZ Aced this product.  I've tried maybe 4 filter combinations and it's a 5/5 stars with a comfortable fit.  And I very much look forward to trying out new combinations and discovering new variations of balance.

Jan 7, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #1,405 of 5,225
Indigo Bob - nice explanation of what you get from a session with the A4. As long as the gear connects you to the music, then that's the personal "endgame" for me in terms of enjoyment, which is what this hobby is all about at the end of the day.

Still a while away from being able to do a write up on these due to other commitments, but just picked up a set of A&K/JH Audio Angie (v1) and while I won't say the A4 is better or on par overall, I don't find myself "missing" the more expensive pair when I listen through the LZ. That pretty much says it all for me - it's just an enjoyable sound. The technicalities are the icing in the cake, but the "soul" of the music is definitely there. Glad you are enjoying them!

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #1,406 of 5,225

Oh yes, I already find myself looking forward to listening sessions devoted to just that.  That is a really good way to put it:  The emotions ease their way into the music.  

Well, overall the smoothness of the detail is the biggest difference between the A4 and Trinity products.  The pm4, being the most extreme example, was basically a steroidal drink of music every time.  It felt like being infused with redbull with every song.  I couldn't really relax to music that was even meant to be chill because the detail was all overly forward.  It's nice to see trinity redo/release the Master as quick as possible because the pm4 really sounded unrefined and even like an unfinished product.  

I prefer the balance of the A4, especially since I'm partial to a natural sound signature, but I still love the delta vII sound, especially with the gold filters and am looking forward to the Atlas Delta, hoping it keeps up with the delta tradition.   But the phantom lineup of trinity has just been too v-shaped for me with too many prominent peaks in the upper frequencies and treble spikes that take away from a good balance the likes of which I heard in the delta vII.  I felt the phantom lineup sacrificed quality of detail for overall presence of detail.  When I listen with the A4, it's like I can finally relax and let go to what ever music is playing...  from contemporary classical to alternative, pop, EDM, electronica, rock, folk...  you name it, I can let go to the music much easier and let if flow through me.  Like @1TrickPony said, the ease of the emotion is really something noteworthy about the sound signature of the A4 and it's something I do love about it.  

I am very happy with the the A4 and see myself not looking for something to top it.  With the trinity products, they left me wanting better balance and refinement of detail.  These are the salient differences for me when it comes to these two companies.

I do think trinity audio has immense potential and I am looking forward to what they can do, but it's really nice to have this A4 that doesn't seem like it could use anymore tweaks.  I feel LZ Aced this product.  I've tried maybe 4 filter combinations and it's a 5/5 stars with a comfortable fit.  And I very much look forward to trying out new combinations and discovering new variations of balance.

Excellent ,  you explain your thoughts and feelings in really a nice way and in detailed  and i am happy that you like and appreciate A4 even against your beloved Delta v11 , , , , 

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #1,410 of 5,225
Just had a text from DHL saying I need to pay £25 customs charges before they deliver the A4's. These were expensive enough as it is
frown.gif

I'm expecting a similar message next week , if the customs charges on my havi are an indicator : it'll be even more i'll have to pay extra  here in Belgium . 
frown.gif
frown.gif

Based on the positive experiences and reviews  in this thread : the LZ-A4's will be worth it ! 
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back