LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 5, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #1,366 of 5,225
My order of 1More Triple's has just arrived so I figured I'd give these a listen while I wait for the A4's.

I won't say too much, I've already posted in the 1More thread, but I'm really impressed by the difference between my Shozy Zero's and the 1More Triple's. If the A4's are really a notch above again (and I can actually pick up the difference) then I really can't wait for the A4's!

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #1,367 of 5,225
CP100 bore looks too narrow for A4 IMO. I'll have to check it myself this weekend, but it doesn't matter for IEMs like flc8s for sure because it's got a tiny hole in the middle of the huge nozzle, but the narrow bore of CP100 doesn't look like it can support the wide nozzle.

My Spinfit CP-100 fit over the nozzle with good tight fit. The CP-800 are too narrow

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #1,369 of 5,225
They should fit, but can you see the whole nozzle if you look down the bore?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. But I can see the nozzle opening a little bit.
The ear canal side opening is not very large(bore smaller than on the Auvio and see more of the nozzle with that ) but you can see the front of the nozzle, I don't think I can see the sides

With Spinfit the bore is smaller you won't see the entire. There is no doubt the low-end and high-end are nicely represented but Sommerfeld the mid range gets a little recessed with the spin fit. I don't think my ears are critical enough to notice a big difference in the mid range

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #1,370 of 5,225
  Hi. Got mine yesterday. Very first Impression was like "WOW" with stock tips and black/back blue/front. Very detailed overal sound. End of the day I settled to the no/back and blue/front with my transparent silicone tips of the SW3. No/back come closer to natural male voices in comparison to red or black/back + blue/front. @Lurk650 I agree, maybe other combinations serve a more neutral overall sound but I like the blues/front for their treble strenghts.

But at the end I compared to my good budget IEM KZ ATE (RQ-18NMB) and Tennmak Pro (emphasize mids by EQ). Early impressions, though! Yes, the LZ A4 are soundwise superior over both and I will very likely keep the LZ, but for me it is once more the finding that you buy some percentages (or even some more :wink: better sound with x-times more money. But that's the game.

Q1: I exclusively listen to music with my Sony Xperia Z3 compact and 320K MP3. I wonder if I would realise a bigger advantage of the LZ over my other IEM if I would use hi-res equipment and files?

Q2: Does anyone know a MMCX cable with inline remote for the LZ A4 which is soundwise and in quality aspects comparable to the stock cable?

THX

How about the soundstage of A4 compared to ATE? Thanks.

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #1,371 of 5,225
So decided to go #nofilter a try... sound stage immediately widened. Ears felt tired after 5 mins though.

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #1,372 of 5,225
Hey all, newb here - first post! This thread encouraged me to try out the LZ-A4's which I ordered last week from Penon.  They arrived today and I thought I'd share my first impressions.  

I won't speak too much to the sound quality because I don't have much to compare them to, but to my untrained ear I'm very happy.  I found them to be pretty uncomfortable in the down position with the stock silicon tips but they're feeling good with foam tips in the up position.

One advantage I discovered with the filters is to be able to compensate for unequal hearing loss.  My right ear is a little blown out from decades of loud guitar playing, and I'm getting a nice balanced sound with the Red/f on the left ear, and Black/f on the right.  

Continuing to explore my music collection with these, but lots of fun so far.  Thanks for everyone's experience and help in making my choice.

Cool story bro. Seriously, this is an awesome read.

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #1,373 of 5,225
Also anyone pair these with MMCX BT cable. I know Trinity has one but the lowest volume setting I got when used with PM4 ( used the 2 pin connector of course but I believe it had same BT module)was too loud for me and the drops in connectivity sucked

My girlfriend has the Penon BT cable, I can give it a go tomorrow and let you know

demo-to, Hi Res players will give you better clarity and resolution but these still sound very good from a basic player. I mainly use them with my Opus#1 but have listened via my Galaxy S7 Edge

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #1,376 of 5,225
Interested in your opinion on this, I use the Westone Bluetooth module but never really felt like it was worth the price, if the cheap Penon is acceptable quality I'd love to "downgrade".

I've got the Penon cable as well and is generally very happy with it but haven't tried it with the A4's yet. Will try to get around to it soon....

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #1,377 of 5,225

http://penonaudio.com/FIDUE-A83-MMXC-Mic-Cable

^^^ This cable off the A83 is probably the best non-custom option.

​Many thanks. Tried with the mmxc cable of my Tennmak Pro but the result is a more analytical sound. But with no/back blue/front I prefer a smoother tuning which gives me the LZ stock cable.
Vise versa - wow - the LZ cable improves the sound of the Tennmak to my taste. Hope the A83 cable offers also a smooth tuning.

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #1,378 of 5,225
Hahaha front blue is already slightly wearing off. I'm finally 100% golden on Black Blue setup. Such a beautiful sound.
Bi Flange
biggrin.gif

Are you using the same ones that you used on Tenore, the meelectronics double flange?  Does A4 have the same sound sig as Tenore (smooth, punchy bass, musical)?

Jan 5, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #1,379 of 5,225
How about the soundstage of A4 compared to ATE? Thanks.

I tested with live version of Hotel California - The Eagles. Actually, I would rate them comparable although the LZ's is a bit wider. Which ATE version do you possess - RQ018 or RQ016? My a/b was considering 018 which are miles better than the 016 imo.

Jan 5, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #1,380 of 5,225
I tested with live version of Hotel California - The Eagles. Actually, I would rate them comparable although the LZ's is a bit wider. Which ATE version do you possess - RQ018 or RQ016? My a/b was considering 018 which are miles better than the 016 imo.

I'm RQ 016. Really?! I bought earlier. Thanks for the information. How about soundstage depth?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back