LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 25, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #963 of 5,225
Hi guys,

I see that these IEMs are getting a lot of positive feedback and are compared with other flagships 3/4 times more expensive like Z5, IE800 or the Velvet.
Are they really so good?
How is the resolution compared to those flagships?

Do the filters allow to be tuned for an warm and smooth sound or is there just a V-shaped signature which can be adjusted a little bit?

Is there a frequency response graph somewhere?

Dec 25, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #964 of 5,225
can any compare lza4 with dunu dn2000?Which one better?

I don't know how the DN-2000's sounds, but I briefly owned a pair of DN-2000j's and compared to the LZ A4's, the treble on the Dunu's sound very sibilant and harsh, and I would almost say sloppy.The LZ A4 is much smoother on the treble side of things, while being as detailed as the Dunu's. As for the mids, I found that the Dunu's treble bled into the mids a tad bit, and some detail was lost in the mids, but the A4 does not have this problem. Bass-wise, they are both comparable. Granted I am using the blue (f) and red (b) filters for the A4, which is my preferred filters.
I really wanted to like the 2000j as the titan's impressed me for the price, but after owning it for 2 weeks, I found the treble to be quite harsh and sibilant and decided to return it. The A4's on the other hand impressed me right OOTB and was even more impressive after switching to the red (b) filters.

I'm interested if anyone else owns the 2000j and A4 that can chime in on this.

Dec 25, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #965 of 5,225
  I don't know how the DN-2000's sounds, but I briefly owned a pair of DN-2000j's and compared to the LZ A4's, the treble on the Dunu's sound very sibilant and harsh, and I would almost say sloppy.The LZ A4 is much smoother on the treble side of things, while being as detailed as the Dunu's. As for the mids, I found that the Dunu's treble bled into the mids a tad bit, and some detail was lost in the mids, but the A4 does not have this problem. Bass-wise, they are both comparable. Granted I am using the blue (f) and red (b) filters for the A4, which is my preferred filters.
I really wanted to like the 2000j as the titan's impressed me for the price, but after owning it for 2 weeks, I found the treble to be quite harsh and sibilant and decided to return it. The A4's on the other hand impressed me right OOTB and was even more impressive after switching to the red (b) filters.

Hi. I gave my brand new LZ-A4 to my friend for the next 3-4 days and he said LZ has a better sound than DN-2000j and is much easier to listen to them for a long period of time compared to Dunu's. He is using his own pure silver cable with them. I ordered today japanese Furutech cable. It should be here after 5-6 days and will post my impressions.

Dec 25, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #966 of 5,225

I don't consider myself much of an expert when it comes to comparison, BUT
I have a pair of dunu 2000j also,I have to say that the dunu's have been put in the cupboard, the Lz are far more superior IMO. Don't get me wrong the dunu are good, the Lz just offer more for your ears :laughing::laughing:

Dec 25, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #967 of 5,225

I had the 2000J IEMs for a while and I agree with what you said fully. I could tolerate the treble (I'm not treble sensitive), but it simply wasn't enjoyable and if gave the impression that bass was lacking. I much, much prefer the A4. 
  Hi. I gave my brand new LZ-A4 to my friend for the next 3-4 days and he said LZ has a better sound than DN-2000j and is much easier to listen to them for a long period of time compared to Dunu's. He is using his own pure silver cable with them. I ordered today japanese Furutech cable. It should be here after 5-6 days and will post my impressions.

I think your friend will confirm our thoughts on the A4 :)

-Collin-

Dec 25, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #968 of 5,225
I have owned the dn2000 for a year and a half. Unfortunately I cannot compare them since my dn2000 is being recabled. I can write upon my impressions and compare them on top of my head...so just take note of that. Heard the dn2000j as well, quite different from the dn2000. That said enjoy the holidays! Need to tip roll and assess the other filters as well.

Dec 25, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #970 of 5,225
IIRC the P1 cable is a higher resistance and it may not agree with the BAs since the P1 is a single dynamic. I had the P1 cable hooked up to my old pair of Hybrid 2&1 iems and when listening the center stage was completely gone in music. Left to right sweeps of sound completely skipped the middle of my head, was very weird. If you want an upgrade cable then take a look at Silver cables on AE, I have a $15 Silver Plated cable and it easily tames bright IEMs. @TwinACStacks has a true Silver cable costing around $60-70 I believe, not sure if he tested on the A4.

These are not bright and already have a wide soundstage and to me is widest with the Blue nozzles so if you haven't tried those nozzles then give them a go.

i just tried the blue, it seems to harsh and piercing high(especially those strings), i  will not trade them for black nozzle just for their sound stage. However i really enjoy their wide soundstage. If only the black has their "wideness"

Dec 26, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #971 of 5,225
i just tried the blue, it seems to harsh and piercing high(especially those strings), i  will not trade them for black nozzle just for their sound stage. However i really enjoy their wide soundstage. If only the black has their "wideness"

Black Blue volume does have to be dialed down just a bit. Red back Black Nozzle is smoother and has a very nice stage too

Dec 26, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #972 of 5,225
Black(b)/blue(f) offers exciting high frequencies. If one can get used to that, it sounds more authentic than red(f) for vocals IMO. I'm using black(b)/red(f) now though. My choice of nozzle really depends on what type of songs I'm currently listening. A4 is very versatile.

Dec 26, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #974 of 5,225

Red vent and green nozzle right? For the holiday theme right? Aww hellz ya! Bass is presented like a big fat paycheque! (Where Dn2000 as I can recall is restrained control) LZ-A4 isn't going to *****foot or beat around the bush. This has authority.

Mids and highs are presented with proper extension and presence.

Soundstage is without a doubt something to applaud provided the BIG SOUND. The spread of width is as impressive as the impact. Lastly, this is rhythm machine that is capable of expressing emotion.

So far I'm at the surface and I'm really really loving it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back