LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 26, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #991 of 5,225

I own B3 and have owned the H3, and the A4 trumps both. It ****s all over the H3 from a 10 story building, and definitely ahead of the B3.

so close to getting it mate.
lz a4 or procure flc8s again.

Dec 26, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #992 of 5,225

Yes, I am confident it will trump all of those technically speaking, even the XBA H3 which you will find to be quite a bit darker and slower than the LZ A4, specially with the lighter sounding filters. 

I see, while I know about the law of diminishing returns in the world of audio, I gotten my H3 at quite a bargain, as I traded it with my previous Etymotic ER4P plus a top up from his end. So the A4 will be even more expensive than my H3, which I am barely using currently.

Dec 26, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #993 of 5,225

I see, while I know about the law of diminishing returns in the world of audio, I gotten my H3 at quite a bargain, as I traded it with my previous Etymotic ER4P plus a top up from his end. So the A4 will be even more expensive than my H3, which I am barely using currently.

I myself got the H3 quite cheap when Sony canada closed down. THe H3 is a quite dark sounding iem with a thick midrange and slow bass, the LZ A4 will sound like a breath of fresh air in comparison. The A4 has better bass, both in quantity and quality while the H3 sounds quite closed in. Heck I even owned the XBA Z5 and the LZ A4 is better to my ears.

Also just message aliexpress sellers like AK audio and say you are a head-fier and they almost always give discounts so you can get the A4 below MSRP :)

Dec 26, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #994 of 5,225
anyone here can give an impression for ibasso IT03 vs lz A4?
those 2 iems are contenders for triple hybrid iem of the year

Dec 26, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #996 of 5,225

I myself got the H3 quite cheap when Sony canada closed down. THe H3 is a quite dark sounding iem with a thick midrange and slow bass, the LZ A4 will sound like a breath of fresh air in comparison. The A4 has better bass, both in quantity and quality while the H3 sounds quite closed in. Heck I even owned the XBA Z5 and the LZ A4 is better to my ears.

Also just message aliexpress sellers like AK audio and say you are a head-fier and they almost always give discounts so you can get the A4 below MSRP :)

Yes I do agree with your impressions of the H3. It feels kind of dull, and this is why I appreciated the 4in1, for the clarity and treble (though it can get a bit uncontrolled at times, though not to the point of sibilance - I am quite treble tolerant).

Would you say that most people will tend to stick to a set of filters for the A4, rather than making use of the other combinations?

Dec 26, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #998 of 5,225
Based on all input I have seen, the three contenders are LZ-A4, Ibasso it03; and FLC8S.  I am soon to borrow the Ibasso units; and I own the FLC8S, but have no source for the LZ-A4.   I can vouch for the LZ-A2 as an owner.  They are a bit thick in the bass and may not represent the A4 properly.

Dec 26, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #999 of 5,225
  Based on all input I have seen, the three contenders are LZ-A4, Ibasso it03; and FLC8S.  I am soon to borrow the Ibasso units; and I own the FLC8S, but have no source for the LZ-A4.   I can vouch for the LZ-A2 as an owner.  They are a bit thick in the bass and may not represent the A4 properly.

yes.
top tier: kumitate trio, macbeth, dorado, 1p2
mid tier: lz a4, it03, flc8s

Dec 26, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #1,000 of 5,225

Currently working on my review, but I can say that:

- FLC8s for neutrality and midrange.
- A4 for a vibrant and potent sound
- IT03 for an amalgamation of both (not necessarily better)

Dec 26, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #1,001 of 5,225

Yes, I am confident it will trump all of those technically speaking, even the XBA H3 which you will find to be quite a bit darker and slower than the LZ A4, specially with the lighter sounding filters. 

Considering how well the A4 does against the Z5 (and even beats it in most areas), it is safe to say that the A4 is a better choice than the H3. I owned the A3 and own the Z5 and would take the LZ A4 over both for an everyday IEM. 

yes.
top tier: kumitate trio, macbeth, dorado, 1p2
mid tier: lz a4, it03, flc8s

Are we just talking price? I've seen you post before that certain IEMs are not "true flagships" because they do not cost $2k. Of the seven IEMs you have posted, which have you heard and which are your favorites? I have never even heard of anything listed in your "top tier," but find the A4 to be outstanding (as per my review). What are your thoughts on the A4? Some clarification would really help and would be much appreciated. 

-Collin-

Dec 26, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #1,003 of 5,225

Considering how well the A4 does against the Z5 (and even beats it in most areas), it is safe to say that the A4 is a better choice than the H3. I owned the A3 and own the Z5 and would take the LZ A4 over both for an everyday IEM. 

Are we just talking price? I've seen you post before that certain IEMs are not "true flagships" because they do not cost $2k. Of the seven IEMs you have posted, which have you heard and which are your favorites? I have never even heard of anything listed in your "top tier," but find the A4 to be outstanding (as per my review). What are your thoughts on the A4? Some clarification would really help and would be much appreciated. 

-Collin-

certain IEMs are not "true flagships" because they do not cost $2k .
i did not say this.
I said IE800 for example a flagship iem is not a true flagship as it is not versatile due to very v shaped nature.
we are talking about price. the macbeth is cheaper than dorado and kumitate trio and i rate it higher than them.
i have heard all the iems listed, favourites are flc8s, macbeth, trio. 1p2 has the best resolution out of all.
have not heard the a4.
cheers!

Dec 26, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #1,004 of 5,225

-Collin-

certain IEMs are not "true flagships" because they do not cost $2k .
i did not say this.
I said IE800 for example a flagship iem is not a true flagship as it is not versatile due to very v shaped nature.
we are not talking about price alone. the macbeth is cheaper than dorado and kumitate trio and i rate it higher than them.
i have heard all the iems listed, favourites are flc8s, macbeth, trio. 1p2 has the best resolution out of all.
have not heard the a4.
cheers!

Dec 26, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #1,005 of 5,225
Lol gotta love it, hasn't heard the A4 yet keeps talking about its tier placement and how it won't beat certain iems. Not sure if troll or what but what your are doing is breaking the rules (reviewing iems you've never heard) and is just plain ignorant.

EDIT bc I'll explain better than just saying stupid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back