LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 24, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #946 of 5,225
  yes you are right, im looking for a cable that can improve the sound of A4. Please help me to see if the silver-coated copper cable will improve the sound of A4
Thanks 

Not to be a pain in the you know what, but can you explain this? More specifically, can you tell me exactly what you find lacking in the A4 cable? You own the A4 and have determined that the A4 cable is sub-par? I'm not disagreeing or trying to sound abrasive, but I have heard nothing but praise for the A4 cable. I like the P1 cable a lot, but, I wouldn't say it is any better than the A4. I think you will have to invest a significant amount of money to improve upon the A4 cable. 

I'll try the combo out tomorrow some time. Busy wrapping Christmas presents tonight. Ughhhhhh :) I will get back to you. 

-Collin-

Dec 25, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #948 of 5,225
I got my LZ-A4 today for my big surprise but there is an issue. The cable is broken, I mean broken. The wires are exposed and the connector looks like smashed. And of course no sound at all. I put the black mic cable from Pinnacle P1 and the ear phones work but this should not be happening. Also, the cable is very snug where it connects on P1 but it is a free spin on LZ A4, it this normal?

Dec 25, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #949 of 5,225
I got my LZ-A4 today for my big surprise but there is an issue. The cable is broken, I mean broken. The wires are exposed and the connector looks like smashed. And of course no sound at all. I put the black mic cable from Pinnacle P1 and the ear phones work but this should not be happening. Also, the cable is very snug where it connects on P1 but it is a free spin on LZ A4, it this normal?

Yes, the cable is supposed to spin freely.

Dec 25, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #951 of 5,225

Not to be a pain in the you know what, but can you explain this? More specifically, can you tell me exactly what you find lacking in the A4 cable? You own the A4 and have determined that the A4 cable is sub-par? I'm not disagreeing or trying to sound abrasive, but I have heard nothing but praise for the A4 cable. I like the P1 cable a lot, but, I wouldn't say it is any better than the A4. I think you will have to invest a significant amount of money to improve upon the A4 cable. 

I'll try the combo out tomorrow some time. Busy wrapping Christmas presents tonight. Ughhhhhh :) I will get back to you. 

-Collin-

i didnt say the cable is sub-par, im just finding a cable that would improve the soundstage and bass of the a4. Im thinking of the P1 cable as i heard people are saying it will increases the soundstage their earphone. Thanks for testing for me.

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #953 of 5,225

-Collin-

Right now I don't have other choice but to use different cable since the original LZ A4 came completety broken. And I am not very fond of the Pinnacle cable. Have you heard Westone or Furutech cables? Or any other decent cables under 100$? Thanks.

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #954 of 5,225
Right now I don't have other choice but to use different cable since the original LZ A4 came completety broken. And I am not very fond of the Pinnacle cable. Have you heard Westone or Furutech cables? Or any other decent cables under 100$? Thanks.

Contact your A4 seller for a replacement cable.....

Dec 25, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #956 of 5,225

Received mine right before sunset. No issues whatsoever, though if you address this issue with your seller you're more likely to get a good result out of that interaction.

Dec 25, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #957 of 5,225
IIRC the P1 cable is a higher resistance and it may not agree with the BAs since the P1 is a single dynamic. I had the P1 cable hooked up to my old pair of Hybrid 2&1 iems and when listening the center stage was completely gone in music. Left to right sweeps of sound completely skipped the middle of my head, was very weird. If you want an upgrade cable then take a look at Silver cables on AE, I have a $15 Silver Plated cable and it easily tames bright IEMs. TwinACStacks has a true Silver cable costing around $60-70 I believe, not sure if he tested on the A4.

These are not bright and already have a wide soundstage and to me is widest with the Blue nozzles so if you haven't tried those nozzles then give them a go.

Dec 25, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #958 of 5,225
  i didnt say the cable is sub-par, im just finding a cable that would improve the soundstage and bass of the a4. Im thinking of the P1 cable as i heard people are saying it will increases the soundstage their earphone. Thanks for testing for me.

Not when an earphone already has a good cable. P1 cable may do that for a cheaper earphone with an ordinary cable. It may do it vs. the mic cable the P1 comes with. Seriously doubt it would help the A4 as the cable the A4 comes with is a pretty good one. And as stated by me and Lurk it may evensound worse due to the resistance which may be okay for the single driver dynamic but not with the hybrid set up :)

Um, have you heard of eq?

EQ may give more pseudo stage playing with frequency balance but it doesn't really give a bigger soundstage and add height or depth or real space between things. I hear many get the illusion of a bigger sound with more bass but not real stage increase which is not the same thing.

Dec 25, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #959 of 5,225
Personally, I love the cable with the A4. I wish they included a second with a mic/remote or a spare.
I think it is very comfortable and sounds great

Dec 25, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #960 of 5,225
Can these satisfy basshead. I mean i even dont find my 4in1 have to have enough basss for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back