LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 18, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #106 of 5,225
LZ refers to Lao Zhung, a guy.
"Zhung" is his family name, and "Lao" means old, or looking old.

It looks like LZ can't make any more A2, otherwise he wouldn't make a different A2S.
A wild guess is that he couldn't get the drivers used in A2?

Oct 20, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #107 of 5,225

It looks like LZ can't make any more A2, otherwise he wouldn't make a different A2S.
A wild guess is that he couldn't get the drivers used in A2?

Well I hope he can find suitable drivers to make a unit with similar components and sound signature.  My sense is that the A2S is a very different animal based on various reviews.

Oct 27, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #108 of 5,225
The new A4 looking good. Glad to be getting a pair next couple of weeks.
Different design to the 2x tour units some of us sampled a few months back.

Oct 27, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #110 of 5,225
Really? Do you have infos beyond that?

No, just saw the production unit and snippets of info. I'd not publish the photo before release as its not my photo to release.
It's coming soon anyway....was missing my sold A3S after getting **** 4in1 which I gifted on to someone already...treble not for me on ****.

Oct 27, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #111 of 5,225
Fwiw I was just in contact with LZ and he says that there's still some things that need to get sorted out but that it won't be long now.........

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #112 of 5,225
No, just saw the production unit and snippets of info. I'd not publish the photo before release as its not my photo to release.
It's coming soon anyway....was missing my sold A3S after getting **** 4in1 which I gifted on to someone already...treble not for me on ****.
Tame the treble with Comply Foam tips?

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #113 of 5,225
This wait is killing me. I think the only thing more painful was preordering my Trinity PM6 six months ago and still waiting for them.

So, anyone who is in contact with LZ: any word on pricing? I heard $199 when I did the initial tour but that figure is probably inaccurate (I hope). But I'll pay it because I've bought every LZ model this far.

-Collin-

Nov 3, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #114 of 5,225

**** treble was almost painful for me.  My original design A2 is still the bomb.

Nov 4, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #115 of 5,225
Nov 4, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #116 of 5,225
I tried every tip included, and some others.  The **** 4in1 units, in my opinion, are very heavily v shaped. Fine if that is what you want.  I found them bad enough to send back to China.

Who knows if they will get there or if I will get a refund.  It costs $14 US to ship; and another $14 to get tracking at USPS.  So I did not purchase tracking.

Nov 4, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #117 of 5,225
Saw some really nice pictures of the A4 today. The retail package is going to be great and they still seem to be tunable with both back and front filters (lots of options). I also noticed detachable cable with what looks to be MMCX connection.

These are most likely close to be finished very soon....

Nov 4, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #119 of 5,225
Saw some really nice pictures of the A4 today. The retail package is going to be great and they still seem to be tunable with both back and front filters (lots of options). I also noticed detachable cable with what looks to be MMCX connection.

These are most likely close to be finished very soon....

Me too.
Those Earbud Nozzles <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back