LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 7, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #91 of 5,225
  The early comments about this having a V-shaped sound have me put off a bit. Is that the starting/base sound or related to use of the filters?

What I am hoping for is a cost reduced FLC8S alternative.  So far those are my personal gold standard and my likely next purchase unless something like this proves out well.

For reference; I really like my A2 pair.  I am very happy with the efficiency and overall sound especially the bass extension.  The primary issue I would have is that the upper range is not as smooth as something like the FLC8S or the Pinnacle MEE.  So that is a general idea of what I would look for in the A4.

Well, if anybody can give the FLC a run for their money I would guess LZ has a shot.  I love the FLC8S; I just think it would be nice to have another unit in that category.

I don't think anything can beat the mids right now (under $350 or same of course). Especially if you've been able to tune the flc8s to your liking and with those mids (gold filters), anything remotely v-shaped or treble heavy or whatever will put you off. A little more subbass? Too much subbass etc. I tried and gave SW3 a long listen for a week or so, but you just can't give up those mids and the engaging sound.

Aug 9, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #93 of 5,225
I. Will. Surrender

When do Chinese iem units like these have sales? I purchased my current favorites that way (lz a2)

One seller sponsor seems to deep discount LZ stuff....it was in A3 or A2S thread in the last month or so...
I guess when A4 surface, he will do the same.

Sep 12, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #94 of 5,225
I suggest from A4 onwards, LZ start to angle their nozzles to be more ergonomic like Trinity etc.

Sep 15, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #95 of 5,225

Never found them uncomfortable,actually found that shape makes them more stable in the ear than small barrels, color not for everyone but they just released new A3S in black, black/silver.

Is there any technical difference between the A3S and the A3?

Sep 15, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #96 of 5,225

Is there any technical difference between the A3S and the A3?

Yes, bass and treble are extended more. Someone had more to say on the bass in the A3S thread.

Sep 15, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #98 of 5,225
Yes, bass and treble are extended more. Someone had more to say on the bass in the A3S thread.

Thanks!

A bit off topic, but would you happen to know where I could find frequency response graphs for the A2, A2S, A3 and/or A3S?

Sep 16, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #99 of 5,225
Thanks!

A bit off topic, but would you happen to know where I could find frequency response graphs for the A2, A2S, A3 and/or A3S?

On the ali sales page for each item the seller has graph photos.

Any A4's news?

Not heard a thing.

Sep 19, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #100 of 5,225
A4 is coming close to a mass production. But the detaching cable part is still a headache for LZ.
Some weeks ago, LZ said the sound quality of A4 prototype is unacceptably bad (after reading you guys' feedbacks, I guess...). 

I've found that one pair of the prototype is defected. This may have affected some of your impressions.
Anyway, the sound of A4 will be very different, according to LZ.

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #101 of 5,225
Any news?

Oct 18, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #102 of 5,225
Yeah, A4 WHATUP ???!! LZ really needs to have some kind of presence on the site.

Got a **** 4in1 here in the meantime, but its treble presentation is a bit metallic on certain mastering.

Oct 18, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #104 of 5,225
Just asked LZ, and he said he has encountered some difficulty (I guess it's related to the mmcx connector). A4 will be released next month the earliest.

Thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back