LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 27, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #1,037 of 5,225
I didn't say anything of A4 since I didn't hear it. I only gave a warning. If someone who bought it give praise of it, that's a good news.
Actually A2 is not bad at all of FR. but it's soundstage is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad!!!

From my experience of LZ A1, A2 and feedback of A3, I cannot  believe there could be huge imjprovement of A4

There's a huge failure there or flawed statement on your part simply because you haven't heard the A4. Your experience hearing Lz A1 to A3 doesn't give you any claim whatsoever to even describe the A4. I'm simply trying to get the most informed reading for anyone wanting to consider the A4 and what it has to offer. I believe all reviewers here on this thread did fantastic in helping me not have any regrets in making an almost blind buy!

Dec 27, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #1,038 of 5,225
Last question before purchasing: is the a4 an upgrade to the ie80?

I am looking for a detailed and emotional sounding, slightly warm iem with a soundstage comparable the ie80 along with thumping, refined, textured bass presence. I think the a4 is it. Can anyone confirm this?

Dec 27, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #1,039 of 5,225
There's a huge failure there or flawed statement on your part simply because you haven't heard the A4. Your experience hearing Lz A1 to A3 doesn't give you any claim whatsoever to even describe the A4. I'm simply trying to get the most informed reading for anyone wanting to consider the A4 and what it has to offer. I believe all reviewers here on this thread did fantastic in helping me not have any regrets in making an almost blind buy!

Yes, that's not a comment. I said "I don't believe." I didn't say I don't like it since it has no much improvement from A2 etc.

Dec 27, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #1,040 of 5,225
Yes, that's not a comment. I said "I don't believe." I didn't say I don't like it since it has no much improvement from A2 etc.

Then I suggest you either tidy up your words or simply keep your beliefs to yourself. Your original statement(s) added very little to the table. Sorry bro, I'm not always nice.

Too reiterate my point : a virgin cannot speak of sex. A virgin may speak of what of what it's like to be a virgin -- maybe even make a movie about it. I'm interested in the A4. I researched and got it. A4 is sexy good.

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #1,041 of 5,225
Then I suggest you either tidy up your words or simply keep your beliefs to yourself. Your original statement(s) added very little to the table. Sorry bro, I'm not always nice.

That's ok. Yes, you can share your own oponion and that's my guess. If you think it might result into confusion, I'll say clearly "guess" in the future. My point of my original is not good or bad of A4, my point before is about reviews. Some reviewers contradicted to himself. Moreover, my judgments is according to common sense. Anyone can give his own judgment. I do not want to mislead anyone.

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #1,042 of 5,225
That's ok. Yes, you can share your own oponion and that's my guess. If you think it might result into confusion, I'll say clearly "guess" in the future. My point of my original is not good or bad of A4, my point before is about reviews. Some reviewers contradicted to himself. Moreover, my judgments is according to common sense. Anyone can give his own judgment. I do not want to mislead anyone.

Please elaborate the bold part.

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #1,043 of 5,225
From my personal experience, do not take serious of those reviewers who claim a prduct send him for free for reviewing. Human are emotional. And listening are very subjective and can be influenced by emotion unconscienced. I didn't say any reviewer is not honest. But that's really tricky if a product was given someone for free for a purpose of reviewing.
From my experience of LZ A1, A2 and feedback of A3, I cannot  believe there could be huge imjprovement of A4.

So let me see if I got this right..you own or have"experienced" LZ A1&2, you do not nor have you ever owned A3 however you are going by the feedback of others who do, and you do not own A4 but you are giving personal opinions to others about the sound quality of A4 AND you are calling into question the reviews, statements, and opinions of others who DO own A4, regardless of how they obtained it...I usually don't go here but"Dude" what are you smoking?? Lol...I have the A4 and I absolutely love it. I also own the A2 and while I also love it, IMO A4 is a definite upgrade and improvement!...IMO!!

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #1,044 of 5,225

I am looking for a detailed and emotional sounding, slightly warm iem with a soundstage comparable the ie80 along with thumping, refined, textured bass presence. I think the a4 is it. Can anyone confirm this?

Sorry bruv, no experience with the sens though I've read well of their soundstage. I'm just quoting so to contribute and bump your request.

I'll say this, quantity of bass is perfect, texture of bass is too early for me to say. Easily one of the best open wide soundstage I've ever heard on an iem. Reminded me of the VE Zen 2.0 Earbuds - not exactly there but close enough. Quite a feat for an iem at the price range.

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #1,045 of 5,225
So let me see if I got this right..you own or have"experienced" LZ A1&2, you do not not have ever owned A3 however you are going by the feedback of others who do, and you do not own A4 but you are giving personal opinions to others about the sound quality of A4 AND you are calling into question the reviews, statements, and opinions of others who DO own A4....I usually don't go here but"Dude" what are you smoking...I have the A4 and I absolutely love it. I also own the A2 and while I also love it IMO A4 is a definite upgrade and improvement!...IMO!!

I believe/guess a4 is an update of a2 since a2 is soooooo... My negative judgment of a4 is due to my so much disappointment of a2. So I have no confidence of it even if I'm sure it must be an update of a2.

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #1,046 of 5,225

If you like IE80, I would suggest you try ADV M4. It's not an abslolute ungrade of 80, but at $40 regular price, you'll be shocked. But it's much harder to drive than 80. You may need more powerful source to well drive M4. And it's from a company in US with 3 years warranty.

Dec 27, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #1,047 of 5,225
I believe/guess a4 is an update of a2 since a2 is soooooo... My negative judgment of a4 is due to my so much disappointment of a2. So I have no confidence of it even if I'm sure it must be an update of a2.

You probably shouldn't judge the performance of an IEM that you haven't heard based on your personal opinion of an entirely different IEM even from the same maker. You could be providing unproven opinions to yourself and others, and missing out on a gem...have to be careful what we say on here....

Dec 27, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #1,048 of 5,225
Hm.I'll try my best to explain since I'm not always familiar with terminology that's associated with audio.

Basically the FLC8S is worthy of its price for the amount of resolution you get. The singer's breath and projection can be perceived easily. I am not sure if you can refer to that as airy-ness.

I get that the impression that with the vents/ports built-in the A4 helps diffuse a wide open sound. Loved that about my Dunu titan1 and my first love the Miles Davis Trumpets which provided a out of your head experience. A4 immerses you in the live recording.

I don't think that the LZ-A4 brags about of resolution like the more expensive hybrids but they really have a lot going for that Mr. LZ nailed right. What are you looking for in the Flc8s?

Edit: the Flc8s is killer in the vocals department though I am in favor of the A4 in the male vocal range. Dunu Titan 5 (which I nearly bought) has the best sweetest vocals. The A4 would the next in line. For the romantic fanatics, the strings do come out. And yes, they absolutely sing! Ahhhh

Thank you very much for your comments. I was seriously considering FLC8S until I heard about the microphonics with the cable as well as I believe there's a memory wire.

I then came across these. I would expect given about $150 price difference the FLC8S should perform better but I understand that's not always the case.

I'm very happy I got the A4. I personally feel there an excellent value and perform very well. I don't have much to compare two so I can't say it's better than this one or that one. But I think it stands very well on its own

I would love to find an IEM that has a truly three dimensional sound with all the excellent low and h that has a truly three dimensional sound with all the excellent low, miss and high frequency performance of the A4

Dec 27, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #1,049 of 5,225
If anything can be summarized by looking at just the products produced LZ has had a progressive product release. The humble beginnings of the A2 led the the A2S and A3 development both building upon the design and feedback from the A2. The A3 being LZ's first triple driver configuration has been generally regarded as a success and the release of the A3S built upon that as did the A2S with the original success of the A2. The development of the A4 has had in large part been co developed by not only LZ but the community as many have been given a generous opportunity to demo prototypes and give direct feed back that ultimately improved the design and sound the the A4 that we have now today. To assume anything without no direct evidence on your part and down play other peoples finding hugely discredits your statements.

This thread was created by enthusiasts and people along for the ride for the development and final release of what is a well documented (at this point) high performing iem. The views and opinions of people who have tired it and who have given its comparisons to previous LZ releases is also well documented and available for you to read. Do not let words sway you for something you haven't even heard yourself if anything you gain more by giving them a listen yourself than to bash others word against your own with no solid ground. If you have a particular need to continue your assumptions please feel free to do so among others vie PM so this thread can remain a thread of A4 discussion and impressions-not of arguments.

Dec 27, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #1,050 of 5,225
Thank you very much for your comments. I was seriously considering FLC8S until I heard about the microphonics with the cable as well as I believe there's a memory wire.

I then came across these. I would expect given about $150 price difference the FLC8S should perform better but I understand that's not always the case.

I'm very happy I got the A4. I personally feel there an excellent value and perform very well. I don't have much to compare two so I can't say it's better than this one or that one. But I think it stands very well on its own

I would love to find an IEM that has a truly three dimensional sound with all the excellent low and h that has a truly three dimensional sound with all the excellent low, miss and high frequency performance of the A4

Hey @nealh - Congrats on your acquisition. I appreciated what was achieved by the FLC8S, but I couldn't find a reason to spend money on it. The better option would be say buying a Zen 2.0 earbud and pairing with a Shanling M3. The Zen 2.0 would be a closer cousin to the A4 than the FLC hybrid, even though we're talking about an earbud. The Zen 2.0 provides a slightly bigger soundstage, only right for an earbud but the A4 isn't far away. Zen is all about totally natural delivery and decay. I'd take that over analytical any day of the week. I'm glad I returned my Trinity PM4 to get this instead. Hands down,this is the best Hybrid under 200$.

Again, FLC8s is not a direct upgrade because that is a different beast altogether. A direct upgrade to the A4??? Not sure there is one for under 500$. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back