LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 19, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #753 of 5,225
Well got the LZ-A4 today.
The filter options are daunting for sure.

What are the eartips differences they seem to be color coded as well?!

I tried the stock black rear/blue front - maybe too much higher frequency for my liking
Then switched to red rear/black front-nice bass, maybe needs more treble extension

Now on black rear/red front- seems to lack some low end??
This combo was suggested to give the best soundstage

Anyone try red/red?

The other problem is I'm trying to find the right tip- I have tried Kombi tips, the included foam tip and stock silicon
I think the LZ-A4 needs a wide bore opening- the Kombi has smaller opening and lacks some bass punch.

I find for most of my IEM the spin fits provide extra low and high end extension
The foam tips due to seem to add a touch of bass but there is some drop off on the higher ends.

Ugh so much to work through

Dec 19, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #754 of 5,225
Not sure about tips. I use Auvio tips. I didn't find the A4 too tip dependent.

With burn in I'm sure you will find the filters that work for you

Dec 19, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #755 of 5,225
The wide bore kz replacement tips are my go to wide bore tips. It worked great on the a2s and works great on the a4 as well. Also super comfy.

I've got like 4 packets. They're under a dollar. Everyone should have one in their collection.

Dec 19, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #756 of 5,225
The wide bore kz replacement tips are my go to wide bore tips. It worked great on the a2s and works great on the a4 as well. Also super comfy.

I've got like 4 packets. They're under a dollar. Everyone should have one in their collection.

Link?

Dec 19, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #757 of 5,225
Not sure about tips. I use Auvio tips. I didn't find the A4 too tip dependent.

With burn in I'm sure you will find the filters that work for you

The problem is finding the sweet combination.

The black rear/red front was what I thought you said had nice soundstage and I agree.
Red back/black front were very nice too

I have listened total for 2-3 hrs and I do sense my brain is liking them more and more-- listening to black rear/red front right now

They do seem to change in quality from when I first listened ootb-but more likely my brain!

Dec 20, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #759 of 5,225
Try the A4 with some nice wine. They will sound even better.
wink.gif

Hmmm i think it is the best combination out of 18 , , ,  lol 

Dec 20, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #760 of 5,225
The problem is finding the sweet combination.

The black rear/red front was what I thought you said had nice soundstage and I agree.
Red back/black front were very nice too

I have listened total for 2-3 hrs and I do sense my brain is liking them more and more-- listening to black rear/red front right now

They do seem to change in quality from when I first listened ootb-but more likely my brain!

Indeed, but it's also fun 
gs1000.gif

It took me a week to find a couple of preferred filter combinations. As for the red/red I've used it when travelling and it worked very well for me doing so but at home I enjoy black/red the most. 

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #761 of 5,225
Indeed, but it's also fun :gs1000smile:

It took me a week to find a couple of preferred filter combinations. As for the red/red I've used it when travelling and it worked very well for me doing so but at home I enjoy black/red the most. 

I listen to black/red last night with Kombi tips-nice sound. I think I want a touch more bass so today I'm going to red/black with Kombi tips since I only used that with stock ootb tip.

When I said it need a wide bore opening I think some narrow tips to be restrictive to the sound. I usually feel Kombi tips add a liitle bass and tame the treble. I not finding it helps the bass much at all.
My subjective ears are probably and by tomorrow I will say something else wrong. Lol

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #762 of 5,225
Finally got mine. Hooray for german customs.
OOTB the A4 sounds really good in terms of soundstage (using black/blue), imaging is quite stellar as well.
The supplied tips are terrible. Not that it matters to me, but some tips are just not holding on the nozzle.
As far as my A4 vs. FLC8s vs. PM4 comparision is concerned; the PM4 is out of the race. It falls short in almost every way.
The A4 and FLC8s are quite close, however. The A4 sounds fuller with greater staging. More bombastic. Imaging is also quite close. Very articulate.

More coming soon.

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #763 of 5,225
OOTB the A4 sounds really good in terms of soundstage (using black/blue), imaging is quite stellar as well.
The supplied tips are terrible. Not that it matters to me, but some tips are just not holding on the nozzle.
As far as my A4 vs. FLC8s vs. PM4 comparision is concerned; the PM4 is out of the race. It falls short in almost every way.
The A4 and FLC8s are quite close, however. The A4 sounds fuller with greater staging. More bombastic. Imaging is also quite close. Very articulate.

More coming soon.
that comparison vs flc8s shows its performance already :astonished:

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #764 of 5,225
Anybody heard both the A4 and the 1more E1001 triple driver and can provide some thoughts?

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #765 of 5,225

More coming soon.
will be interesting to see how the master fares with dual voice coil drivers. The LZA4 sounds interesting. Ordered the updated offer from Trinity for the master yesterday. My ex800st is oit for delivery at the moment. I actually really dig the pm4 with silver undampened for tidal hip hop playlists used with mojo and cayin c5. Don't really use them anyother way.

Maybe I will also get round to trying out the A4, look cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back