LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 19, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #737 of 5,225
Got mine today, so impressed with penaudio, wrapped really well, gift wrapped in Christmas paper, and a Christmas card.
Now what filters do you guys recommend??
Also what's a good music track??

Penon are really great. I'm still using black rear and red nozzle. For music tracks anything you like should sound good.

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #739 of 5,225
Buying from Penon for first time (LZ A4) so interested on how long it'll take to UK... although might not be the best time of year to test their delivery times lol. Can't wait til i get it.

In terms of overall sound quality and resolution, anyone able to compare to Dunu DN 1000 or DN 2000?

Ordered from Penon on Sunday using express shipping, arrived on my desk in the UK on Thursday. If you went express, delivery should be pretty quick!

Dec 19, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #740 of 5,225
Just ordered the Lz-a4's from Penon Audo this evening with expediting shipping and heard back from them within the our requesting some additional information for shipping. That was quick. No real rush on my part so they'll arrive when they arrive. I've been looking for a step up from my Audio Technica ATH-CKR9's and these sound like a few steps up by all reports. Looking forward to taking them for a spin!

Dec 19, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #743 of 5,225
ootb impression of lz-a4 is truly great. The sound sig seem very natural, unlike the 4 in 1 which seem artificial. The sound seem to be sweeter and wider. The different instrument seem to be separated from each other more as compared to 4 in 1.   
Red black/ Black front.
However based on my memory, it did not win jvc fw0-1. fw01 have a really rumble bass, but at the same time it does not overlap the vocals nor the mids. Most memorizing is the unique sweetness of timber feel acoustics guitar string strumming and the airy feel.

Dec 19, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #746 of 5,225
Wow, I left for the weekend and this thread really picked up. I enjoyed listening to the A4 while traveling. Isolation was surprisingly good for IEMs with a dynamic driver. No issue on the plane. 

Still loving mine and happy to see others enjoying theirs. Someone asked about a Pinnacle P1 comparison and there is one on my review. TL;DR = buy the A4 instead of the P1. 

-Collin-

Dec 19, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #747 of 5,225
Just ordered the Lz-a4's from Penon Audo this evening with expediting shipping and heard back from them within the our requesting some additional information for shipping. That was quick. No real rush on my part so they'll arrive when they arrive. I've been looking for a step up from my Audio Technica ATH-CKR9's and these sound like a few steps up by all reports. Looking forward to taking them for a spin!

I'm really curious about such a comparison. Please, post your impressions after getting them!

Dec 19, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #748 of 5,225
By the way, if anyone wants a really fun test track with the reds on back and black on front, check out Frontier by Doctor Vox. And crank it up. Wow. 

-Collin-

Dec 19, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #749 of 5,225
Well after playing with these last night, I'm bloody speechless, absolutely superb,and this was only listening through my Sony Z4 tablet, will try them with my Dp-x1 later.
The only thing I'm baffled with is, why are their so many foam tips, and different colours??
Set up at the moment is red, back, blue fronts, yet to play with the filters
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back