LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 20, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #781 of 5,225

I detested the Andromeda lol, I have no solid reason why beyond that I just couldn't enjoy the sound.
Take that as a example on my bias coming through & continue with the knowledge to take these with a grain of salt.
I am more than willing to admit that on a performance, technical & quality level it is better than the A4...but **** if I've ever been so disappointed by an iem in my life lol, not cause they where the worst per se ,but because I'd hyped them up so much in my mind & they just didn't do it for me despite the raving reviews. Plus I purchased them at a time when I needed more iems like I needed a bullet in the spine. :p

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #782 of 5,225
I detested the Andromeda lol, I have no solid reason why beyond that I just couldn't enjoy the sound.
Take that as a grain of salt example on my bias coming through.
I am more than willing to admit that on a performance, technical & quality level it is better than the A4...but **** if I've ever been so disappointed by an iem in my life lol.

No worries. Just surprised. What is your filter combination of choice on the FLC8 (and A4), if I may ask?

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #783 of 5,225

A4 = FLC8s                     
A4 > IT03
A4 > Titan 1
A4 > PM4
A4 > Sabre
A4 > EX1000
A4 > P1
A4 > Triple.Fi 10
A4 < K10
A4 < Solar
A4 = Andromeda
A4 > A83
A4 > RHA T20
A4 < Westone 4
A4 > DN-2000
A4 > SE215
A4 > Rockets
A4 > Forte
A4 > X10
A4 > SW3
A4 < KL-Ref

eek.gif
 At this moment I don't know what to say in words the meaning of money, but I can feel it inside of me.

Dec 20, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #785 of 5,225
Liking both the Black (B) / Red (F) and Red (B) / Black (F) combos at the moment. B/R gives a nicer feeling of size to the staging, R/B gives killer sub-bass and a nice texture to the higher frequency sound. Very versatile IEM - I think I may be turning into a sub-bass head, as all the IEMs I have really liked in the past few months have bass that is either weighted more towards sub than mid bass or have very capable sub-bass and no mid-bass "thumb".

Definitely starting to grow on me - need to finish my Dorado writeup and my notes on the Master and I keep putting the wrong set of IEMs in my ears! :wink:

Dec 20, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #786 of 5,225
Liking both the Black (B) / Red (F) and Red (B) / Black (F) combos at the moment. B/R gives a nicer feeling of size to the staging, R/B gives killer sub-bass and a nice texture to the higher frequency sound. Very versatile IEM - I think I may be turning into a sub-bass head, as all the IEMs I have really liked in the past few months have bass that is either weighted more towards sub than mid bass or have very capable sub-bass and no mid-bass "thumb".

Definitely starting to grow on me - need to finish my Dorado writeup and my notes on the Master and I keep putting the wrong set of IEMs in my ears! :wink:

Do you feel the red back gives more sub-bass than black back.

I find these 2 combinations the hardest to chose from.
Black/red is real nice just a little less bass than I want

Red/black - nice bass not sure if to my ears there is less soundstage as compared to black/red

I'm still working on the tips too

Only have about 3 hrs of listening in

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #788 of 5,225
The Master would have to be quite the upgrade from the PM4 to put up a good fight against the A4 imo.

Unfortunately I've lost faith in the Trinity project but I really hope, for the sake of all those that join the upgrade program, that they get their act together and deliver something great.
It dampens my heart too with all those happening on the pm4 and I'll hate it if that "trade up" thing will ever happen to my upcoming pm6!
I feel the positive energy (good or bad/ like or don't) at A4 thread here, in the contrary, the TA threads just make me sick...

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #793 of 5,225
what? what happened?

Watched a video. Suddenly left side gets lower in volume. Thought it was the video at first, so I pulled up a track and....the left side was gone.
After that I tried changing the cable, which unfortunately was not so much possible. The MMCX is super tight, but I got it off eventually. Tried another cable, to no prevail. Now the right side is heavily muted and the left doesn't play at all.

What a shame, I was so happy after taking that 2km walk to the customs office at -5°C.

The MMCX curse continues.

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #794 of 5,225
WOW. I'm 10 min in on the default filters and tips, and I'm in love with these.

The A4 is miles better than the prototype version. Soundstage, imaging, signature, air, fun, detail.... Everything I wanted added/changed was put in. 

Under $200 IEM of the year. I'm enjoying these much more than the Vibro Aria I got to demo ($500).

I'm trying to find a weakness OOTB with these, and I'm not really finding one yet. I'd have to really dig and measure to find one.

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #795 of 5,225
Watched a video. Suddenly left side gets lower in volume. Thought it was the video at first, so I pulled up a track and....the left side was gone.
After that I tried changing the cable, which unfortunately was not so much possible. The MMCX is super tight, but I got it off eventually. Tried another cable, to no prevail. Now the right side is heavily muted and the left doesn't play at all.

What a shame, I was so happy after taking that 2km walk to the customs office at -5°C.

The MMCX curse continues.

I don't know what to say. I beat the living hell out of the IEMs I'm not to talk about and tried 8 sets of MMCX cables on them and never experienced anything like this. Both sides died at nearly the same time?!

Damn. Sorry man. 

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back