LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 14, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #646 of 5,225
Dec 14, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #647 of 5,225

the 1more is quite a bit more v shaped than the A4, with teh configurations I have tried thus far. The 1more treble is more energetic and relatively more forward and overall A4 is more balanced compared to the 1more. The A4 won't wow you out of the box since it doesn't have the shimmer or sizzle of the 1more triple driver. 

Overall clarity and resolution sounds better on the A4 to my ears, the A4 is quite comfortable, its pop in and go. With the 1more, due to its thick and angled nozzle isn't as easy to pop in and get a good seal every time. I should mention that the 1more treble makes it harder to listen to at higher volumes vs the A4.

Remember, this is all relative of course. Does that mean the 1more triple driver is bad? Heck no, I love mine to bits! Its a lovely piece of kit, but the LZ A4 is a more mature and refined iem with a lot more flexibility.

Really? Do you mean too bright? I found the 1more's treble very underwhelming due to it's top to bottom smooth sound signature? i am far from a treble head, in fact i really dislike too much... but the 1More TD was let down up top. Don't get me wrong, it still had enough detail but no sparkle or fatigue even at high volumes and with multiple tips. All different i suppose!

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #649 of 5,225
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MRKV3TH/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1481763706&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=LZ&dpPl=1&dpID=41dgNvAc3rL&ref=plSrch
Amazon LZ-A4 link for those of you unwilling to go the international route.

Thank you for the link. I've been watching Amazon.
Unfortunately, that's a $35 premium with standard free shipping.

You can get it for $205 with expedited DHL shipping from Penon audio using Aliexpress

Not being critical of your post, I greatly appreciate it. That's just a pretty pricey premium do use Amazon. The shipping is slower and the price is higher

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #650 of 5,225
Jesus,isnt't that a bit high?

Glad I ordered from a trusted overseas vendor I got them delivered to NY,in 3 days,no extra charge

Mike

Absolutely agreed, but some people I've talked with don't feel comfortable ordering directly from a Chinese vendor even with the protection from their credit cards or PayPal on top of these being legit vendors recommended to them by this community. Figured I'd give people like that an option even if they are stuck paying a premium for it.

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #652 of 5,225
12/7/2016,arrived on the 10th.

I was told by Wai Ming,"to please delete all my posts re: that discounted price"..see
As far as I know,he is not giving out any discounts,a few guys have mentioned that.

Dec 14, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #654 of 5,225
Initial price higher than I paid but with shipping I paid slightly above yours. Im not allowed to discuss the price and per vendor

ME either,but I just did,so??I'll expect another "I'm a bad boy e-mail "

Did you have any luck with the blue front filter?

Dec 14, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #655 of 5,225
ME either,but I just did,so??I'll expect another "I'm a bad boy e-mail "

Did you have any luck with the blue front filter?

Not home yet. Still at work.

Dec 14, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #659 of 5,225
  Whew, finally posted my review. That was a lot of fun. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/lz-a4/reviews/17579

Cheers friends, 

-Collin-

Nice one. This is also a note to myself to put my review in.
TL;DR
Buy these things if you are looking at A3/A3S price range add a little more spice/$ and get a superb TOTL hybrid with rolling ability.
Excellent rock solid build/design. These things are cool looking.
LZ listened and implemented everything the tour group suggested almost.
A sophisticated SQ into $600+ range easily that you can subtly spin in your SQ pref. direction
(All under the caveat of knowing this is an extension of the LZ 'house sound' which is not for example, the M.Maker 'house sound'.)

I'll be interested to see if Twin has been won over by the latest LZ iteration. I know he is a superfan on MM.

Dec 14, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #660 of 5,225
i meant sound wise. what kind of signature  does lz-a4 have? thank you for your response

Still testing mine, but based purely on sound signature & considering these are tunable iem's I preferred the spectrum covered by the A4's more overall. The FLC8s reached levels of nearly painful sibilance for me. Neither of these are bass head iems, but both can do very detailed bass, though perhaps the A4 a tad bit better as it seems to stride this line between not enough bass & to much, while the FLC8s had highs that when tuned properly(to my taste) made me feel like I was listing to certain female vocals properly for the first time. In all honestly both of them are excellent sound wise, other factors such as build quality, fit, price & part compatability are probably more important factors for picking between these two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back