LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 3, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #4,771 of 5,225
Thank you for your suggestions for the different filter combinations. A, huge help. I will of course experiment myself, just nice to have a few starting points!

I have a selection of tips and sizes to try. The ones that are not used as not my size I will send for free to someone who is also finding out what tip size they are. Giving back for the help :D

HELP please if you can link to the various cable upgrades you have bought for the LZ-A4 and any benefits sonically and also overall quality?

This would be fantastic and much appreciated.

Thank you all :)

I recently bought this upgrade cable

71ZsGdZmzFL._SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072J9G66G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So far the sound is basically the same, but it seems much much much tougher, and the right angle jack seems a lot less likely to break. Plus you get a little box :)

It wasn't expensive, so I wasn't expecting magic sound improvements, but overall I'm very happy.

jcS568wh.jpg

Dec 3, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #4,773 of 5,225
Thank you for your suggestions for the different filter combinations. A, huge help. I will of course experiment myself, just nice to have a few starting points!

I have a selection of tips and sizes to try. The ones that are not used as not my size I will send for free to someone who is also finding out what tip size they are. Giving back for the help :D

HELP please if you can link to the various cable upgrades you have bought for the LZ-A4 and any benefits sonically and also overall quality?

my 16 core silver plated premium cable i am using this cable with my A4 and I think it is a best match , the cable itself is very beautiful and solid build quality ,
DSC_0001.JPG

Dec 3, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #4,774 of 5,225

HTB1rzPPQVXXXXaOXpXXq6xXFXXXd.jpg

I bought this. The ear guide is my main reason I purchase this, makes it easier when I wear this over. Works pretty great.

I rmb it's quite cheap, around 13bucks i think?

Dec 3, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #4,775 of 5,225
my 16 core silver plated premium cable i am using this cable with my A4 and I think it is a best match , the cable itself is very beautiful and solid build quality ,

Would you be so kind to put a link to the site where you purchased the cable from?

BIG thank you to those that have linked their upgraded cables and their opinions of the cables.....

Would more peeps be able to link their updated / upgraded MMCX cables for their LZ-A4s?

This would be most appreciated!

Cheers :)

Dec 3, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #4,776 of 5,225
20171204_033509.jpg

This is the upgrade cable that I am using. It improves all frequencies, clears the sound a little bit, improves subtle details and makes bass tighter.

It was 75 dollars with coupons when I bought it a while ago. I also own a 17 dollar mixed cable, and while it does improve the sound of LZ A4's a bit, it does less so than this cable. Also build quality goes in the favor of the more expensive one.

http://s.aliexpress.com/JRbQf2QF

Dec 3, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #4,777 of 5,225
My first custom 2.5mm TRRS -> MMCX cable, was received at the same time as my LZ-A4 (last Christmas), and I haven't used the stock LZ cable (don't like the big, bulky splitter on it).
I ordered the custom 2-Strand Type 6 Copper Litz cable (w/Eidolic connectors) from Lindsay, at Impact Audio Cables - https://www.etsy.com/shop/ImpactAudioCables

My other custom cable is a VE Espresso 2.5mm TRRS -> MMCX - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...-5trrs-3-5trrs-cable/1924356_32822060826.html
The Espresso cable had a slightly loose left MMCX connector, so I've replaced them with a different style, which has a more secure fit.

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #4,779 of 5,225
Dec 4, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #4,780 of 5,225
My goodness! As ever, the Head-fi community goes above and beyond what I thought would be replied to.The max I can do is like your posts which is done!

You have my very sincere and incredibly warm thank you for the help on the cables. It opens up more conversations as a few of you really have had an improvement from what I am reading.

I am speaking with the legend on Etsy who is Impact Audio Cables. Looking at an IEM and I need a balanced connection for my Hifiman HE-400i with the 2.5mm connectors to a 4 pin.... Looks like I may be buying a couple cables. This company is an absolute pleasure to work with.

There are many smaller companies offering sone of the highest quality. I agree that it is tempting in keeping these magical people hidden... Just invite them out slowly but surely! We do not bite.. Much lol :D

My humble thank you to you all and please feel free to keep adding no matter who you are. Your thoughts and feelings are so appreciated.

Cheers :)

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #4,781 of 5,225
I have to say that I am a bit disappointed with the lz a4. Don't get me wrong they are very good, just not a worthy upgrade from the kz zs6. They have just a bit better soundstage and sound quality, the comfort of course is much better than the kz but for more than triple the price, I don't think they are worth it, I was expecting a wow factor from everything that I read, but I just can't feel the £185 that I paid from them, I tried the mod that you suggested but I didn't like the suction. I am seriously considering to return them to amazon and keep the kz zs6 until something really wow comes out...

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #4,782 of 5,225
I have to say that I am a bit disappointed with the lz a4. Don't get me wrong they are very good, just not a worthy upgrade from the kz zs6. They have just a bit better soundstage and sound quality, the comfort of course is much better than the kz but for more than triple the price, I don't think they are worth it, I was expecting a wow factor from everything that I read, but I just can't feel the £185 that I paid from them, I tried the mod that you suggested but I didn't like the suction. I am seriously considering to return them to amazon and keep the kz zs6 until something really wow comes out...

Once you get above kz ate, you are already at the point of diminishing returns.

Dec 5, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #4,783 of 5,225

If you want something wow tho for 200bucks, I recently got into this diy speaker kit.

Go google hivi diy3.1A amazon. It really wows.

Wait a min did you just say £185?

Dec 5, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #4,784 of 5,225
If you want something wow tho for 200bucks, I recently got into this diy speaker kit.

Go google hivi diy3.1A amazon. It really wows.

Wait a min did you just say £185?
Yes, that's how much lz a4 costs at amazon, I thought I would be excited by them, but I was far more excited with the kz which is a negative surprise for me considering all the positive reviews, I like the lz a4 but not as much as to pay £185

Users who are viewing this thread

Back