LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 30, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #4,741 of 5,225
Hey guys, so I was at the gym today, and it sounded like the right side dynamic driver went off (I can still hear sound, but the bass is missing and it sounds muffled).

It seems some people have had problems with this too, but I don't want to sift through 700 pages to find an answer.

Some have speculated that it's a heat/moisture issue, but did we ever find a conclusive answer? Thanks in advance for the help!

Release the bass filter and let it sit/dry for a day or two. It should be back as running. You shouldn't worry too much other than missing them and how they sound.

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #4,742 of 5,225
Hey guys, so I was at the gym today, and it sounded like the right side dynamic driver went off (I can still hear sound, but the bass is missing and it sounds muffled).

It seems some people have had problems with this too, but I don't want to sift through 700 pages to find an answer.

Some have speculated that it's a heat/moisture issue, but did we ever find a conclusive answer? Thanks in advance for the help!

This happens to me very often. When I'm at home it happens after 3 hours. But when I'm outside and it's cold they get muffled after around 30 minutes. So annoying. I have to leave them to "revert" back for 30 minutes or more at times.

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #4,743 of 5,225
Release the bass filter and let it sit/dry for a day or two. It should be back as running. You shouldn't worry too much other than missing them and how they sound.

This happens to me very often. When I'm at home it happens after 3 hours. But when I'm outside and it's cold they get muffled after around 30 minutes. So annoying. I have to leave them to "revert" back for 30 minutes or more at times.

Thanks for the help guys. I was using these for my gym IEMs, so it's really too bad that moisture and temperature affect it in this way.

This has actually happened twice, the first time using JVC spiral dots (they went back to normal after about 1 minute though, and I thought it was a seal issue) and the second time with SymbioW tips. Before this, I've used them probably about 10 times with SpinFits at the gym with no problem. The JVCs and Symbio are both wide bore tips, which probably allows more sweat and moisture inside, which results in the dynamic driver going limp. Once they return to normal, I'll use them permanently with SpinFits and let you guys know if this fixes the problem.

Best of luck to us all, as these have been my recommendation to everybody looking for a sub $200 IEM. I even convinced my friend to order a pair during the black Friday sale, and I hope his don't have this issue (they'll be his only IEM).

Nov 30, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #4,745 of 5,225
I live in Canada. Though I'm not certain if the blockage was due to the cold/ temperature change.

Every case varies, though this problem only happened to me once. I own two sets now and the second hasn't had any issues so far.

My problem is that I don't go to the gym often lol.

Nov 30, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #4,747 of 5,225
Actually A4 is not for jogging/gym use ,

I agree, for this usage I'd get something that's at least moist resistant (preferable water resistant). Alternative something cheap.

Nov 30, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #4,749 of 5,225
so here is something cheap and they described as sports iem( metal body) ,,,
FB_IMG_1512041702166.jpg

Nov 30, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #4,750 of 5,225
Nov 30, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #4,751 of 5,225

Yes, it has happened to a few people and once with me as well. So far it seems that just leaving them sit for a few hours or overnight seems to fix the problem.

Nov 30, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #4,752 of 5,225
Now that I'm using batman combo, I can say that bass has decreased quantity but increased quality compared to the red filter. Wow. I like it! Hits hard. Also gray front filters are really nice too. They are more detailed, and cleaner sounding. I'm really liking this combo. It's almost like I bought new earphones, and I love it!

The batman combo with spiral dot tips is my preferred tuning for the A4s. Bass seems tighter, more dynamic, and the mids open up more than with the stock tips. The spiral dots don't do much for the treble, but gray filters already put the treble response right in line with my sensitivity level. Listening to "This Charming Man" by The Smiths, the busy, walking bass lines are super punchy with this tuning. You get the impact of every note with only a hint of bloat, that can easily be EQ'd out. It's awesome!

Nov 30, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #4,753 of 5,225
I really should try the red backs...

I love the Comply foam so much though for comfort... Can't see ever going back...so I'm not sure if I can afford to roll off any high end with a filter.

I'll try the red backs for a few days though.

Nov 30, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #4,754 of 5,225
Regarding the Spiral Dots, I see they have more sizes than your average S/M/L
I suppose tha ML sits between medium and large?
Is there a size-difference compared to other tips? I ordered my spinfits in L and they fit just fine depending on IEM (very comfy on the LZ ZA03 for instance).

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #4,755 of 5,225
Whoa tried the red back pink front... Crazy. Not for me.

Trying red back Grey front now. Definitely a bit tamer top and more punchy bass somehow.

May try this for a few days.

Kinda think I'll end up back at black/black... But the red is pretty cool actually. Gonna try this with the Mojo as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back