LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 26, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #4,276 of 5,225
I have found with multiple IEM spiral dots and spinfits of the correct size give the nicest low-end.
I like spiral dots since the bore is larger and it tends to open the soundstage and improve some mid/higher frequencies as well

I feel the Spinfits take away a bit of warmth from the low end, it increases bass resolution but at the price of sounding a wee bit thinner.

May 26, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #4,277 of 5,225
I've got a set of the spiral dots being delivered. It'll be nice to have tips that refine things a bit. Sometimes the bass level is perfect, other times I wouldn't mind a slightly tamed bass response.

May 27, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #4,278 of 5,225
Tip rolling didn't really help the LZ A4 for me because of the vented design. I did like the comfort of the spiral dots but ultimately the stock tips are great. I actually wouldn't mind having some extra sets of the large stock tips.

May 28, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #4,280 of 5,225
http://lzhifiaudio.com/lz/

Anyhoo, I received the Fidue A83 smartphone cable from Penon Audio today, just so I could maybe get my A4s to fit with my phone case (stock cable, as nice as it sounds, won't.) Turns out this silver-plated cable sounds a touch too bright for my taste. I went into the EQ on my DAP and tweaked it to take some of the natural V out of the A4s and now I'm really loving my portable set up. Normally not a fan of how silver cables push the treble up but the overall tighter bass is a nice bonus.

Last edited:
May 28, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #4,282 of 5,225
I had some issues with a couple different IEM's and mmcx and @SeeSax suggested De-oxit to me. I used the Gold version and it worked great. You just put a drop in the connection and let it do it's thing.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #4,283 of 5,225
Hey All,

Hope things are well.

My quest for an excellent IEM to handle all variabts of dance, more dance, more and all variants of electronic music, rap hip hop... All the kist goes ob forecer.

If someone thinks that there is a better pair IEMs for my needs, please, please let me know!

Looking at buying through Penon Audio. They have an option to have balanced cables at 2.5mm and 3.5mm. In peeps opions are they worth it? Do the balanced cables end in 4 pin XLR or SE?

Last question is people mentioning 'Monk' on this thread and would love to find out and if i need to BUY MoNK!!! How it ties in the LZ-A4 so please HELP!!

Really appreciate the help and advice.

Cheers

you probably bought them but i will reply nonetheless :)

imo ve monk hype is overrated. yeah it's great for its price. but it has its own shortcomings. shouty upper mid, piercing treble etc. auglamour rx1 is a better alternative if you can spend 15 more.

May 30, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #4,284 of 5,225
Just received my LZ A4's. Been meaning to buy a pair for a while, since Turrican recommended them to me several months ago.

Running them in now and pleased to say the initial impression is very good indeed. Sound smooth, detailed and involving straight out of the box, and also very comfortable. Unbelievably good value. Received mine within 5 days of order via Penon Audio.

Few hours in and they are just great. Completely unfatiguing. Just playing the music in a natural effortless way. And I've tried multiple sources; Mojo, S6 phone, Fiio X3ii. Am listening currently via S6 feeding bluetooth adapter, just sounding brilliant.

Pretty astonishing.

They are not quite as micro-detailed as my K3003's but more forgiving certainly and not as bright; definitely more natural sounding.

Very interesting indeed.

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #4,285 of 5,225
After trying different front config, I must say that my favorite for combination for now is Black back and Gray front (Batman configuration). Black front is good but to piercing for my ear. Tried also the Red back but bass is to much and becomes V shape for me, and I want flat.

May 30, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #4,287 of 5,225
Just received my LZ A4's. Been meaning to buy a pair for a while, since Turrican recommended them to me several months ago.

Running them in now and pleased to say the initial impression is very good indeed. Sound smooth, detailed and involving straight out of the box, and also very comfortable. Unbelievably good value. Received mine within 5 days of order via Penon Audio.

Few hours in and they are just great. Completely unfatiguing. Just playing the music in a natural effortless way. And I've tried multiple sources; Mojo, S6 phone, Fiio X3ii. Am listening currently via S6 feeding bluetooth adapter, just sounding brilliant.

Pretty astonishing.

They are not quite as micro-detailed as my K3003's but more forgiving certainly and not as bright; definitely more natural sounding.

Very interesting indeed.
Congratulations and welcome in the A4 club,
Which filters combination you are using ,???

May 30, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #4,288 of 5,225
With Opus #1, i think it is. Adding Fiio E12A amp make the mids little laid back with punch in lows more. :)

May 30, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #4,290 of 5,225
Hi all,

Add one more to the LZ-A4 party - mine will be arriving next weekend! Here's one question: has anyone tried the A4's with the HTC 10 or LG V20 DACs and no additional amps? I'm looking for a new phone that would go well with these IEMs, and it'll be one of those two. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back