LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 6, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #4,306 of 5,225
I can verify this cable works on my iPhone although I haven't put it through it paces yet. The sound is a touch brighter than the stock cable and the ear loops are a bit too stiff, so I prefer the original but, it does have a mic and 1-button play/pause functionality.

Which cable are you referencing? I figured I would mostly use these on the go through mobile and the buttons would surely help

Jun 6, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #4,307 of 5,225
Jun 6, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #4,308 of 5,225
Jun 11, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #4,309 of 5,225
Thanks! Too bad that one doesn't have volume controls as well.

This one should work as well right? https://www.amazon.com/EarMax-upgra...rd_wg=JysYE&psc=1&refRID=RJC9F0G0FPZJ972ZV45M

Oh man, that one looks like a better option for me. On the cable I have, the part right by the ear is so stiff it takes forever to get comfortable fit if it's not set just right. Hahaha.

Man, I have to just say the A4s sounds great though my desktop DAC and my Cayin N3 DAP. These IEMs are it for me.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #4,311 of 5,225
Oh man, that one looks like a better option for me. On the cable I have, the part right by the ear is so stiff it takes forever to get comfortable fit if it's not set just right. Hahaha.

Man, I have to just say the A4s sounds great though my desktop DAC and my Cayin N3 DAP. These IEMs are it for me.

I want to say that but I know the Campfire Audio Vegas exist, and I want them. THEY are it, if I ever have the money for them...

Jun 12, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #4,312 of 5,225
what dac/amp do you guys recommend/use for this iem?

It depends on the filters you choose to tune your A4s. Generally speaking, I'd start with something neutral and smooth, especially in the treble region. The BA treble can be very forward on certain recordings so you'll want something that make those peaks musical. The grace m9xx (or m900) sounds great with my A4. But pairs wonderfully with any IEM. Mojo could work too. Like I said in a previous post, the Cayin N3, which has a USB DAC mode, sounds fantastic with the A4s. Warm and punchy when it needs to be, always smooth with no detail loss.

Jun 12, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #4,313 of 5,225
I want to say that but I know the Campfire Audio Vegas exist, and I want them. THEY are it, if I ever have the money for them...

Yeah, those sound super swank from the description. But I'm cool with my A4s. This is the kind of IEM where I'd buy a 2nd pair, just to have them permanently attached to a phone cable or a longer desktop cable.

Jun 12, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #4,314 of 5,225
Jun 14, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #4,315 of 5,225
What's your budget?

Portable or desktop?

Sorry to hijack his question, but I am also wondering what would be a good USB dac/amp for the LZ A4 for desktop use (ideally under 100). I noticed with some low impedance high sensitivity IEMs that they hiss when played straight out of my laptop, so would be looking for something which does not have this issue with the 16 ohm LZ A4.

Jun 14, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #4,317 of 5,225
Sorry to hijack his question, but I am also wondering what would be a good USB dac/amp for the LZ A4 for desktop use (ideally under 100). I noticed with some low impedance high sensitivity IEMs that they hiss when played straight out of my laptop, so would be looking for something which does not have this issue with the 16 ohm LZ A4.

I had the FiiO E10K for awhile and people seem to rate that highly as the best portable USB DAC/amp under $100, but that was over a year ago and the pace of new product releases has been pretty relentless. What was top then might not be top anymore.

Jun 19, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #4,318 of 5,225
Hey guys. I just received my LZ A4s from Penon Audio, and in addition to the stock cable I also received what looks like some sort of silver cable, which seems to be of better quality. It was stored inside of the carrying case. I was not under the impression that there would be two cables included? Not complaining, of course.

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #4,319 of 5,225
Hey guys. I just received my LZ A4s from Penon Audio, and in addition to the stock cable I also received what looks like some sort of silver cable, which seems to be of better quality. It was stored inside of the carrying case. I was not under the impression that there would be two cables included? Not complaining, of course.

Mine only came with the one... Might have been a promotion with Penon?

Jun 19, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #4,320 of 5,225
Hey congratulations and you are so lucky dude, i think we all had received only one cable ,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back