LZ-A3 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 10, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #376 of 790

cool.gif
Not to offend anyone but I own Most of the KZ models. Although Top-Notch for Budget IEMs, and I recommend them for newbies or those with budget restrictions, they simply DO NOT play at this level. I would not call the Bass extension of the LZA3 weak either. Yes their specs only go to 15 Hz, but that is Far Deeper than MOST genres' can Extend to anyways. UNLESS you listen to Pipe Organ which is capable of 4Hz notes, Lowest of any (non -electronic) instrument. It just so happens I use a Pipe Organ Album in my List of source material for reviews.
ksc75smile.gif
It will darn-near shake the Fillings loose in your teeth.

Armature You may have the wrong tips on them or have them inserted too far into your ear.  Ask me how I know this.
redface.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

But which microphones were used to record the pipe organ? As most microphones don't go deeper than 20hz in any case.

Cheers!!

Apr 10, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #377 of 790

cool.gif
Not to offend anyone but I own Most of the KZ models. Although Top-Notch for Budget IEMs, and I recommend them for newbies or those with budget restrictions, they simply DO NOT play at this level. I would not call the Bass extension of the LZA3 weak either. Yes their specs only go to 15 Hz, but that is Far Deeper than MOST genres' can Extend to anyways. UNLESS you listen to Pipe Organ which is capable of 4Hz notes, Lowest of any (non -electronic) instrument. It just so happens I use a Pipe Organ Album in my List of source material for reviews.
ksc75smile.gif
It will darn-near shake the Fillings loose in your teeth.

Armature You may have the wrong tips on them or have them inserted too far into your ear.  Ask me how I know this.
redface.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

hehe you are right cant compare KZ with A3, price already tell. My bad, oops. I am just stating as i have them on hand so i do a comparison of iem that i have. For the tips i am not sure, i tried different tips and i have the same outcome. This few days i will try to insert shallow, i tend to insert deep as A3 have bad isolation. 
Will update again

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #381 of 790
  Oh : God ,  have much in stock now ! haha ! welcome guys who are interested in .

Sorry, I bought elsewhere....I suggest you don't PM members your offer but let them just find it online.

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #383 of 790

But which microphones were used to record the pipe organ? As most microphones don't go deeper than 20hz in any case.

Cheers!!

cool.gif
Unfortunately they don't list the recording info. A lot of Earphones go lower than 20 Hz, too bad most players only go to 20Hz.
biggrin.gif

Kind of silly ain't it?

wink.gif
wink.gif
TWIN

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #384 of 790

Sorry, I bought elsewhere....I suggest you don't PM members your offer but let them just find it online.

cool.gif
I've also left a general message, about the LZA3 availability.

ALWAYS contact a seller whether it's on Aliexpress, Ebay, TaoBao, Craigslist, Etc. BEFORE YOU BUY. As a consumer it's the smart thing to do. If you find it elsewhere at a better price DO NOT be afraid to mention it.

You will save $$$$, Bottom Line.

I'm Scottish, so you KNOW how I feel about saving money.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #385 of 790
Originally Posted by TwinACStacks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm Scottish.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Ditto.

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #386 of 790

cool.gif
Unfortunately they don't list the recording info. A lot of Earphones go lower than 20 Hz, too bad most players only go to 20Hz.
biggrin.gif

Kind of silly ain't it?

wink.gif
wink.gif
TWIN

Well, a lot of microphones used to record our music don't even go up to 22kHz - some end at 17kHz. There are next to no microphones that record that low, like 4 Hz. Check out the pages of shure, Sennheiser, beyerdynamic and others. Because humans can't hear deeper than 20Hz we might be able to feel vibrations but hearing - nope. So a lot of these specs are nice but utterly useless as there is no music available that has frequencies in that range (digitally). Maybe some electronic music as you can create these waves electronically..

Look at this mic used to record Drums:
http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/mp/microphones/vocals-and-instruments/drums/tg-d50d.html
it's recording 50Hz -17,000Hz

ore this one: http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/mp/microphones/vocals-and-instruments/studio-vocals/mc-840.html
One of their flagships: 30-20,000

I would be VERY surprised if you can even hear to 20kHz - you can try some online hearing tests - my hearing goes to 17kHz but only JUST, so no point for any player to go higher for me. LOL

There is simply nothing to play at that low and high range - see:

this might help:

Cheers!!

EDIT: 20Hz-22kHZ is plenty - more than we need. Headphones can't create these low frequencies properly either as the transducers are too small to create these frequencies - like a giant organ pipe swinging. Look at the above chart it only goes to 20kHz :wink: as everything above 16kHz can be sensed more than it can be heard...

Sorry for being off topic by the way!

Let's get back to A3 - listened to it for a few hours - still in love with its performance!!

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #387 of 790
Well, a lot of microphones used to record our music don't even go up to 22kHz - some end at 17kHz. There are next to no microphones that record that low, like 4 Hz. Check out the pages of shure, Sennheiser, beyerdynamic and others. Because humans can't hear deeper than 20Hz we might be able to feel vibrations but hearing - nope. So a lot of these specs are nice but utterly useless as there is no music available that has frequencies in that range (digitally). Maybe some electronic music as you can create these waves electronically..

http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/mp/microphones/vocals-and-instruments/drums/tg-d50d.html

ore this one: http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/mp/microphones/vocals-and-instruments/studio-vocals/mc-840.html

I would be VERY surprised if you can even hear to 20kHz - you can try some online hearing tests - my hearing goes to 17kHz but only JUST, so no point for any player to go higher for me. LOL

this might help:

Cheers!!

EDIT: 20Hz-22kHZ is plenty - more than we need. Headphones can't create these low frequencies properly either as the transducers are too small to create these frequencies - like a giant organ pipe swinging. Look at the above chart it only goes to 20kHz :wink: as everything above 16kHz can be sensed more than it can be heard...

Let's get back to A3 - listened to it for a few hours - still in love with its performance!!
interesting post!

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #388 of 790

this might help:

Cheers!!

:grinning: I agree one humdred percent. I can't hear much beyond 16kHz if even that, Never could hear below 20Hz, but like you said you can feel low bass sub extension in your chest with a good Sub.

Hi res I completely understand. They are trying to recover the lost fidelity when converting Analog to digital and vice versa. But Why specify frequecy standards to 40 kHz?

My Cat hates Trance. I don't own a pet Bat.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #389 of 790
:grinning: I agree one humdred percent. I can't hear much beyond 16kHz if even that, Never could hear below 20Hz, but like you said you can feel low bass sub extension in your chest with a good Sub.

Hi res I completely understand. They are trying to recover the lost fidelity when converting Analog to digital and vice versa. But Why specify frequecy standards to 40 kHz?

My Cat hates Trance. I don't own a pet Bat.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Haha yes. That's true. It's a lot of BS flying around. So when a headphone has 20-22 I am totally fine. No reason for playing music for Dolphins, cats and bats :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #390 of 790

ALWAYS contact a seller whether it's on Aliexpress, Ebay, TaoBao, Craigslist, Etc. BEFORE YOU BUY. As a consumer it's the smart thing to do. If you find it elsewhere
wink_face.gif
at a better price DO NOT be afraid to mention it.

You will save $$$$, Bottom Line.

I'm Scottish, so you KNOW how I feel about saving money.

I can't hear much beyond 16kHz if even that, Never could hear below 20Hz, but like you said you can feel low bass sub extension in your chest with a good Sub.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

I'm not Scottish but I am bald and have been known to stay at a Holiday Inn Express!* 
biggrin.gif

bigsmile_face.gif

wink_face.gif

wink.gif

biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

*  sorry, joke only will make sense to US folks who have seen those commercials

And as for subwoofers and feeling rather than hearing things, I have a custom 18 incher augmenting my Magneplanar speakers that is based on the Cerwin Vega "Earthquake" drivers (189ES).  These were originally used in multiple dual driver configurations with the 1974 movie of the same name.  In the very few theaters they were installed in, the extreme low bass energy caused plaster from ceilings to fall and other not so nice problems (if memory served one location ended up with cracks in the walls).  My sub must be anchored through carpet or it will literally walk with the down firing cone lifting the quite heavy cabinet off the floor.  The cone excursion from the 3" voice coil and 26 lb magnet assembly is amazing and it moves a LOT of air.  No joke.  And yeah if there is super sub bass energy in the recording it WILL be felt big time!  (Max SPL is over 132dB @ 1 meter.)  I love it as it is a great sub easily capabile of generating those low vibrations when called upon.  My listening room walls have been known to shake!
biggrin.gif

Our best IEMs give a different sensation with any sub-bass energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back