LZ-A3 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 11, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #391 of 790
:grinning: Bob , Sounds a lot like that monster B&W ASW 4000 I have that doubles as a coffee/ End table. 500W built in amp. It also is a serious piece of equipment. I have spikes on it to couple it to the floor. It weighs around 130 lbs. Just a tiny little 15" speaker though. Something like "Air Force One" Soundtrack can damn near hurt you, as well as give you a heart massage...

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Apr 11, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #392 of 790
Haha yes. That's true. It's a lot of BS flying around. So when a headphone has 20-22 I am totally fine. No reason for playing music for Dolphins, cats and bats :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

One thing that did sound valid with high-res is they can push "high frequency dirt" outside the hearing frequency. Some people upsample Audirvana + and say they can hear a difference. I just keep it at redbook 44khz and that seems more than fine.

Apr 15, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #394 of 790
Should get mine early next week....usually about 2 weeks from my seller with freepost.

Anyone compared A3 with FLC Technology FLC8/(s) ?

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #395 of 790
Should get mine early next week....usually about 2 weeks from my seller with freepost.

Anyone compared A3 with FLC Technology FLC8/(s) ?

I have the A3 and listened to the FLC8 yesterday - really liked what I heard from the FLC - however the 32 different damper and filter co,binational make it pretty impossible to compare things easily. I just listened to the combo the owner preferred and must say I was mightily impressed.

Maybe I can borrow them for a full head to head....

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #396 of 790
I have the A3 and listened to the FLC8 yesterday - really liked what I heard from the FLC - however the 32 different damper and filter co,binational make it pretty impossible to compare things easily. I just listened to the combo the owner preferred and must say I was mightily impressed.

Maybe I can borrow them for a full head to head....

Yep, it was a pretty amazing dialing kit FLC8 provide. Imagine if you got something like that with cans, which rarely if ever give any personal tuning kit/material.

Apr 17, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #397 of 790
So I wasted about 1 hour of my sacred sunday to try all the tips included in the bundle and I arrived to this conclusion: it's all about the sealing. If the tip has a good one you have one sound sig, if it doesn't, well you have a crappy SS or at least a very very very different one.

That being said, since there are so many different tips, different sizes and different materials, it's not easy to tell which are better among those that give you a good sealing. But I didn't give up in front of the inglorious and harsh task and so I'm now able to tell you who's the very bestest \o/

I could have done an exaustive review, a comparative spreadsheet, an html with links and details. But frackit, didn't I say I already wasted 1 hr of my sacred sunday? I think I did so here's what you get

And if your eyes are not bleeding already, take these more detailed ones

Just to clarify, the difference between the first and the 3 I placed 2nd are very thin. I could have placed them all first because probably with some kind of music the result could have changed but with those I treid I came to this conclusion: the red veloury ones are the best. One major "winning aspect" was how they helped giving a bit of warmth and depth to the sound sig of the IEMs because they are clearly mid-oriented or at least lacking in the basses (mid basses, sub-basses? You tell me) and if the sealing is not perfect the SQ goes down the drain very quickly. That's also why I put as "first of the third place" the memory foam ones.

Another thing to say is about the size since most of them come in 2 or 3 sizes, so just to clarify even further, the 1st and 2nd placed ones are all large, while those in 3rd place are the mediums. No small could give me a good sealing so they're all off the chart, together with the large memory foam ones because they just couldn't fit and the black 2-staged-conic ones (sorry dunno how they're called, you'll have to figure this one out) since they weren't sealing properly like the small ones.

Ok, I'm pretty sure I just wrote the worst review ever seen on head fi so I'll leave you with that and go waste my sacred sunday in some other way

Apr 17, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #398 of 790
The Tingo flocked tips are among my favorite. Always sound good on everything. May not be the best on all earphones but among the better when I roll. 

Should've done this...

...instead of having to take pics and write out stuff on paper
wink_face.gif

Apr 17, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #399 of 790
Yeah, I've seen those Tingo pop up recently as excellent tips. Good to know, will try them first.
Never knew they were included as I had them bookmarked on ali.
wink_face.gif

Apr 17, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #400 of 790
Coming to the game a bit late, but I'm very interested in the A3's.  Has anyone had a chance to compare them to the 1More Triple drivers that are getting a lot of positive reviews (almost gushing..).
I like the idea of the replacable cables on the LZ-A3 vs the 1More, but there is a price premium to consider(unless there are still some discount codes available that will close the gap)  

I don't currently have any balanced sources, but the idea johnjen has on his DIY'rs Cookbook thread about digitally (via VST) inverting the phase of one channel, and then flipping it back by an inverting cable after the amp has me intrigued. The theory behind it is that by inverting one channel, any current draw that occurs due to large bass signals on both channels is spread between both halves of a bipolar power supply, evening out the total draw between them.  

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #401 of 790
  Coming to the game a bit late, but I'm very interested in the A3's.  Has anyone had a chance to compare them to the 1More Triple drivers that are getting a lot of positive reviews (almost gushing..).
I like the idea of the replacable cables on the LZ-A3 vs the 1More, but there is a price premium to consider(unless there are still some discount codes available that will close the gap)  

I don't currently have any balanced sources, but the idea johnjen has on his DIY'rs Cookbook thread about digitally (via VST) inverting the phase of one channel, and then flipping it back by an inverting cable after the amp has me intrigued. The theory behind it is that by inverting one channel, any current draw that occurs due to large bass signals on both channels is spread between both halves of a bipolar power supply, evening out the total draw between them.  

Current price $130 to heaf-fi'ers. Not too shabby.

Apr 17, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #403 of 790
:grinning:. Lohb, It is less than that by a bit if you messege Easy first thrpugh aliexpress. You need to pm me for details.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back