LZ-A3 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 9, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #361 of 790
yeh this also happened to me with the tk12 nearly had a heart attack when the sound turned bright and bassless then i realised they do not like depth for the particular tips I've put on. Interesting to hear this also happens to the lz a3

Yes but the stupid thing was I listened to them for almost an hour and just assumed that they changed for the worse. Others here say that phones don't change radically, but I have personally heard radical change in phones. Usually they are DD moreso than BA type divers though.

They were the stock black rubber tips btw.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Apr 9, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #364 of 790
This is why we were so confused OOTB. I've never encountered an IEM with such tricky fit. You really got to find the right tips for a proper seal.
Personally speaking, double flanges are the way to go. But try at least everything you have in your tip collection. Also beware of widebore-tips as they are not fitting the nozzle properly. (Like the included KZ Whirlwinds)

:grinning: No worry about those whirlwinds. I've never had them on anything they didn't sound like crap on now I just generally toss them.

Apr 9, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #366 of 790
Good to know the sound didn't change after 100hrs+.

cool.gif
You know at this point I'm not even going to check to see if there are ANY changes. I'm just so happy they don't suck, I'm just beside myself....

200 Hours then I'll peek....

Even if I made a newby mistake.
redface.gif
redface.gif

TWIN

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #368 of 790
These are my thoughts on the lza3
Before burn in
Good loudness
Nice netural sig
Sweet tremble
Extreme wide sound stage
Superior vocal clarity
3D sound, (feel like listening next to the singer)
Smooth and calm(time slowing down effect)
Weak bass
No super deep bass

After 2 weeks of burn in(lost count of hourse but >150)
Good loudness
Nice netural sig
Better of the Sweet tremble
Still the same smoothing signature
Still the 3d sound depth
Stronger bass
Extremely weak deep bass
Smaller sound stage
Same clarity, due to smaller soundstage when music kick in,vocal seem to be covered
Lesser of the time slowing effect

In summary before burn in feel to be more for orchestral type, after burn in is more for all general music

(noob acting) pro tip, pair with a good amp and hohoho

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #369 of 790
In terms of comparsion, overall they win piston, except the bass by large and the a3 bass is a last warning......

Compare to kd9 or kz9? Cant really rmb the model but the highly rave flagship killer model from china, a3 beats them in everything.

Now comes the **** tingo fl100(the most expensive in my batch with piston and kz9 but died the first)
Music wise, A3 also win fl100 in everything. (Maybe it only lose 25% on clarity/sound stage after burning in.)

Ps i hope my definition of soundstage refer to music wideness is correct.

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #370 of 790
:grinning: Guys, Thank the Lord above I found out what was wrong. I made a newby mistake. I found out that you can over- insert these earphones. I just tried them and they sounded great again? So I tried a pair of Auvios and the stock tips sounded a little better, so I changed back to stock tips made sure I had a good deep seal And they sounded shallow and bright AGAIN?

So I wiggled the connectors.... Nothin'. What?

Okay I gotta check them out, so as I'm starting to remove the left one The Fullness RETURNS!!!

Ever have a DUH moment?

Don't insert these too far trying to get an optimim seal.

OK so now the LZA3 will go toe to toe with the Best in my collection. It still doesn't change the Fact that the UEs are up to the task.

Now I've got 2 "new" Really good IEMs to compare. AGAIN.

Does it ever end? And am I OCD?

Ahhhhh, well **** happens - see our skepticism wasn't totally unfounded 
beerchug.gif
 glad the A3 are back on the TOP. 

Cheers!

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #371 of 790
These are my thoughts on the lza3
Before burn in
Good loudness
Nice netural sig
Sweet tremble
Extreme wide sound stage
Superior vocal clarity
3D sound, (feel like listening next to the singer)
Smooth and calm(time slowing down effect)
Weak bass
No super deep bass

After 2 weeks of burn in(lost count of hourse but >150)
Good loudness
Nice netural sig
Better of the Sweet tremble
Still the same smoothing signature
Still the 3d sound depth
Stronger bass
Extremely weak deep bass
Smaller sound stage
Same clarity, due to smaller soundstage when music kick in,vocal seem to be covered
Lesser of the time slowing effect

In summary before burn in feel to be more for orchestral type, after burn in is more for all general music

(noob acting) pro tip, pair with a good amp and hohoho

Extremely weak deep bass ? You mean sub-bass, right ?
You got a good seal there and what is your source equipment ?

Apr 10, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #373 of 790
  jvc spiral tips / normal triple flange tips. Tested in quiet room
lg g3, computer dac + fiio e11k amp
all gave weak sub bass 
compared to piston 2 using same setup

Hmm, weak bass? The Piston 2 bass is not my favorite, too unrefined and bloated to my taste. But with all the IEMs I have (check my profile) I would NEVER call the A3 weak in bass and sub bass. Question:

- Do you have the new cable or the old one?
- Are you sure you have a proper seal when listening to these?

I am not disputing what you hear - but it doesn't match with what I hear and most others hear with the A3 - so maybe something is wrong with your A3?

I listen to the A3 with my Hifiman 901, AP100 or recently AK100 with RSA Predator - and on my desktop with the Liquid Carbon and the WA8 (review unit that I had to return) and the A3 performs brilliantly. Especially the bass is addictive - and I have plenty of great bass heavy in-ears like the JVC HA-FX850, Aurisonics ASG 2.5, Aurisonics Harmony, RHA T20, Sony XB90EX and others. The A3 is certainly not (sub-)bass light.

Maybe you should consider returning this one and getting an exchange unit...

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #374 of 790

Hmm, weak bass? The Piston 2 bass is not my favorite, too unrefined and bloated to my taste. But with all the IEMs I have (check my profile) I would NEVER call the A3 weak in bass and sub bass. Question:

- Do you have the new cable or the old one?
- Are you sure you have a proper seal when listening to these?

I am not disputing what you hear - but it doesn't match with what I hear and most others hear with the A3 - so maybe something is wrong with your A3?

I listen to the A3 with my Hifiman 901, AP100 or recently AK100 with RSA Predator - and on my desktop with the Liquid Carbon and the WA8 (review unit that I had to return) and the A3 performs brilliantly. Especially the bass is addictive - and I have plenty of great bass heavy in-ears like the JVC HA-FX850, Aurisonics ASG 2.5, Aurisonics Harmony, RHA T20, Sony XB90EX and others. The A3 is certainly not (sub-)bass light.

Maybe you should consider returning this one and getting an exchange unit...

The piston 2 does have unrefinded bass compared to A3, but it is deeper, right? I dont think my A3 is damage, overall it does perform to my liking and both side have the same loudness. I do hear before 850, 1200 and se846

Bass depth comapre to 850 is almost on par( i too feel 850 does not have deep bass)
comapre to 1200 it lose out in depth(but 1200 sound sig seem too dark, cant remember well but the bass seem dark/cold too) 
comapre to 846, 846 has deeper bass and best of all it bass is as controlled as A3 too

overall, i feel 846 has the best bass and till today i still cant find any earphone that has the bass performance of SE846.

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #375 of 790
In terms of comparsion, overall they win piston, except the bass by large and the a3 bass is a last warning......

Compare to kd9 or kz9? Cant really rmb the model but the highly rave flagship killer model from china, a3 beats them in everything.

Now comes the **** tingo fl100(the most expensive in my batch with piston and kz9 but died the first)
Music wise, A3 also win fl100 in everything. (Maybe it only lose 25% on clarity/sound stage after burning in.)

Ps i hope my definition of soundstage refer to music wideness is correct.

cool.gif
Not to offend anyone but I own Most of the KZ models. Although Top-Notch for Budget IEMs, and I recommend them for newbies or those with budget restrictions, they simply DO NOT play at this level. I would not call the Bass extension of the LZA3 weak either. Yes their specs only go to 15 Hz, but that is Far Deeper than MOST genres' can Extend to anyways. UNLESS you listen to Pipe Organ which is capable of 4Hz notes, Lowest of any (non -electronic) instrument. It just so happens I use a Pipe Organ Album in my List of source material for reviews.
ksc75smile.gif
It will darn-near shake the Fillings loose in your teeth.

Armature You may have the wrong tips on them or have them inserted too far into your ear.  Ask me how I know this.
redface.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back