Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 10, 2021 at 3:57 AM Post #647 of 5,292
One question I am asking myself is if W2 will ever get MQA support as I couldn't find any reference that even L & P s flagship DAPs are supporting it?
I know other players like S1 have also introduced it in a later firmware update but still I am wondering if it is part of L & P s strategical roadmap considering what I wrote above...🙄

Edit: just checked Lotoo TOTL DAP specs and couldn't find MQA support either. So we might still hope...
Who can we ask in that regard? is their any mailadress to L&P where i can contact them?

Mar 10, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #648 of 5,292
Mar 10, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #651 of 5,292
I have sent them mail now on both adresse i found:)

Mar 10, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #652 of 5,292
If the device is very successful I see no reason not to implement MQA decoding later.
We are supporting their sales number now in this forum but I see a bit a hen - egg issue
For many audiophiles Tidal mqa is like a standard service.
So they won't buy before this feature is implemented.
I have read several cases here in head-fi forum where people bought concurrent products only because of that...
Thinking more about it I am even thinking it is a strategical important feature for a dongle device as its main use case is mobility.
For any mobile phone (Apple even more because of missing sd slot) music storage space is an issue.
MQA is the best way to compensate that up to now.
Therefore I find its support crucial.
For home usage where we have broadband internet access or attached NAS with hires files it's less of an issue but many are using desktop rig for that anyway...

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #653 of 5,292
We are supporting their sales number now in this forum but I see a bit a hen - egg issue
For many audiophiles Tidal mqa is like a standard service.
So they won't buy before this feature is implemented.
I have read several cases here in head-fi forum where people bought concurrent products only because of that...
Thinking more about it I am even thinking it is a strategical important feature for a dongle device as its main use case is mobility.
For any mobile phone (Apple even more because of missing sd slot) music storage space is an issue.
MQA is the best way to compensate that up to now.
Therefore I find its support crucial.
For home usage where we have broadband internet access or attached NAS with hires files it's less of an issue but many are using desktop rig for that anyway...
Im actually agreeing with this. Thats the whole reson im pretty torned between Khadas Tone 2 Pro and the W2! The Khadas DAC measures objectively very very good. Desktop level. Same as W2`s DAC that one measures also very good. Khadas is also quite small, and can be used as both portable and desktop and it has MQA,DSD512, 384 etc. The W2 has maybe DSD 128/256, but seems ore tailored to IEMS. Hard choice and i dont now which one is best for IEMS or more "futureproof". If W2 had MQA it would be great. Mqa is not very important for me by itself, but since im using Tidal, i really want to have the chance to use it=)

Mar 10, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #654 of 5,292
Hey everyone!
I have the DX160 and while is sounds great, the UI experience is a bit underwhelming for me at least. I am tempted by a very good dongle USB Dac and using my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra with it. My cables are 4.4 balanced, so the W2 piqued my interest. I am really looking forward to the first experience reports! :)

Mar 10, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #655 of 5,292
If the device is very successful I see no reason not to implement MQA decoding later.
Or could be the opposite: why pay for mqa certification if already selling well?

For S1, though not available for a while, mqa was announced at launch. While I dislike such strategy personally, I think that was a selling point for many.

Mar 10, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #659 of 5,292
The khadas looks a bit chunky, not really a dongle in my book.
Yep + it will need extra powerbank for mobile usage as I understand.
1 usb for power, the other for music stream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back