Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Nov 16, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #5,281 of 5,290
Mine is now also at 1.0.5.6- still not working with the 15PM.
L&P advised it will never work with the new Pro Max due to the A17 Pro chip.
I really do think you should try the USB C hub trick then at this point. If you have a hub/docking station for your Mac/laptop, the hub will likely be detectable by the iPhone. If it works, then you can try getting the DDhifi adapter for a more portable solution.

Honestly, I was very close to selling my W2-131 with constant disconnection with my phone, until I tried the hub trick. Then I moved to a cheap USB PD charge bypass (which is still quite bulky), then to the DDhifi.

Nov 18, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #5,282 of 5,290
I really do think you should try the USB C hub trick then at this point. If you have a hub/docking station for your Mac/laptop, the hub will likely be detectable by the iPhone. If it works, then you can try getting the DDhifi adapter for a more portable solution.

Honestly, I was very close to selling my W2-131 with constant disconnection with my phone, until I tried the hub trick. Then I moved to a cheap USB PD charge bypass (which is still quite bulky), then to the DDhifi.
Sorry just seen this. Which ddhifi adapter?

Nov 19, 2023 at 7:35 PM Post #5,283 of 5,290
Nov 29, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #5,284 of 5,290
Only works when playing, while charging the phone too. Not a very portable solution, is it? W2-131 up on the classifieds, this is my last L&P product.

Nov 30, 2023 at 10:08 PM Post #5,285 of 5,290
Only works when playing, while charging the phone too. Not a very portable solution, is it? W2-131 up on the classifieds, this is my last L&P product.
Have you tried the included cable?
I have the W2 and not the 131 and the ddhifi cable does not work. It keeps stopping on its own. I tried another aftermarket cable with the same results. Included cable and a cable I bought from aliexpress works so far.

Dec 13, 2023 at 6:16 AM Post #5,286 of 5,290
Anyone had luck getting this product to work with the 15 Pro Max without using a hub? I am starting to wonder whether I should just send it to China for the firmware to be upgraded and be over with it...very frustrating.

Jan 4, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #5,287 of 5,290
Jan 13, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #5,288 of 5,290
Guys, while I'm reading the topic, a quick question.
What are the good IEMs to buy for W2? Currently using W2 + AAW AXH, but want better sound.

There are two good used options nearby:
1. Monarch mk2 - $600
2. UM Mest mk2 - $720.

Will I get a jump over AAW on W2? I don't consider DAP, only W2 + IEMs.

UPD:
I listened to Monarchs MK2 - the same sound level, there is no point in upgrading my IEM.
Please recommend full-sized headphones that will sound great with W2 OG without an amplifier.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #5,289 of 5,290
w1her10d.jpg

Years after its purchase I must say that the L&P W1 still represents a very valid option for those who want to use it as a pure DAC. Thanks to its 4 volts output (balanced) and its clear and detailed sound, it is ideal for listening to it with headphones such as the HER10D or Sennheiser HD650/HD6XX with a warm and relaxed sound but no less exciting than other cold and more detailed. Truly a very good dongle that becomes an excellent DAC with the right headphones. Not at this level the W4 (much more expensive) at least for this type of use and for this type of synergy.

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #5,290 of 5,290
I’m interested in knowing more about the W2’s equalization curves (not the SDF profiles). There is certainly much to find here regarding equalization, but I’m interested specifically in how the entire frequency response is affected (i.e., graphs). I’ve seen them referenced somewhere, but I’m having a helluva time finding them again…

tia :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back