Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Nov 13, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #5,251 of 5,290
Not recognized as an output on my 15PM via the stock L&P USB-C to USB-C cable..
Anyone from L&P on these boards? Not having your DAC/AMP dongles work with the latest iPhone is surely a big enough problem to want to address?

Nov 13, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #5,252 of 5,290
They claim it can be solved by updating the firmware, but it needs to be sent back to them to do the update. That's what I did. Still waiting to get my W2-131 back to see if it really works.

PS. I live in China, so it's easy to send it to them. Not sure about overseas users.

Nov 13, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #5,253 of 5,290
Proably the last time I will get something from L&P again. My W2-131 is just a brick that doesnt connect to my phone

Nov 13, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #5,254 of 5,290
They claim it can be solved by updating the firmware, but it needs to be sent back to them to do the update. That's what I did. Still waiting to get my W2-131 back to see if it really works.

PS. I live in China, so it's easy to send it to them. Not sure about overseas users.
That's just ridiculous...my second and last l&p product.

Nov 13, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #5,255 of 5,290
That's just ridiculous...my second and last l&p product.
Why when I was dipping my interest into this hobby I got more established brands like Sony etc until I got a lay of the land. I’ve since expanded, but still cautious about spending money unless I am also okay losing it all.

Nov 13, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #5,256 of 5,290
Reached out to L&P support, let's see what they have to say about this.
I am still able to use the dongle with other devices but this is far from an ideal situation.

Nov 14, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #5,257 of 5,290
L&P confirmed that the W2-131 doesn't work with iPhones with the A17 Pro chip.
I am rather frustrated they never bothered to make an official announcement. They are also not letting me upgrade to the W4 either.

Customer lost.

Nov 14, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #5,258 of 5,290
L&P confirmed that the W2-131 doesn't work with iPhones with the A17 Pro chip.
I am rather frustrated they never bothered to make an official announcement. They are also not letting me upgrade to the W4 either.

Customer lost.
It is bad news, does only the 131 version not work with the new iPhones?

Nov 14, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #5,260 of 5,290
My L&P W2-131status:
- Macbook M2 13inch 2022: Work
- Macbook M2 pro 14inch 2023: Not work
- Iphone 15: Not work
Maybe my last L&P product. Hate this kind of issue, so annoying.
Blame lies with Apple. They constantly change their O/S and hardware config to maintain their walled garden and in turn break hardware connectivity

Nov 14, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #5,261 of 5,290
Like it or not, Apple makes some of the best selling phones in the world.

I understand L&P probably don't care about western users anyway, but any reputable brand should at least endeavour to issue a warning to people intending to buy a product the company knows won't work with the latest mobile phones.

I was communicating with a sales director from L&P, who kept emailing me in Chinese, expecting that I somehow speak to language fluently.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #5,262 of 5,290
Like it or not, Apple makes some of the best selling phones in the world.

I understand L&P probably don't care about western users anyway, but any reputable brand should at least endeavour to issue a warning to people intending to buy a product the company knows won't work with the latest mobile phones.

I was communicating with a sales director from L&P, who kept emailing me in Chinese, expecting that I somehow speak to language fluently.
Not disputing the quality of the products Apple produces, but how do expect an Audio OEM to be able to change a product because Apple wants to block anyone outside the Walled Garden?

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 7:11 AM Post #5,263 of 5,290
First of, L&P always has lousy customer support (as far as I can remember) and I am not sure you can expect anything more. Secondly, W2 / W2-131 are more or less disconnected / wound down after W2 ACG release and almost completely replaced by W4EX. I don't think L&P will be bothered to invest too much effort into firmware bugfix especially if there are major changes from one chip generation to the next.

Nov 14, 2023 at 7:12 AM Post #5,264 of 5,290
Not disputing the quality of the products Apple produces, but how do expect an Audio OEM to be able to change a product because Apple wants to block anyone outside the Walled Garden?
According to L&P their product works with iPhone 15 just not with the Pro. Seems like something that should be addressable via a firmware update.
They actually told me it can work if I send the product to China for them to update. Naturally, I would need to pay for that ROFL

Nov 14, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #5,265 of 5,290
According to L&P their product works with iPhone 15 just not with the Pro. Seems like something that should be addressable via a firmware update.
They actually told me it can work if I send the product to China for them to update. Naturally, I would need to pay for that ROFL
Makes sense that they would charge it update it. It was released with a total different spec requirement than now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back