Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Mar 9, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #631 of 5,296
The W1 that i have as well as the BTR5 from Fiio as well I assume the W2 will have to - are those filters. Has anybody an idea what this is good for - I tried all those filers out and can't really get my head around what the hack they are for. I studied electronics and had to calculate filters of any order - so I have the engineering background for it _ BUT - i really don't understand what the impact is on our hearing..
Anybody has an idea ?

AK-TF- 2021-01-25_2741.jpg

Don't drive yourself crazy with these if you don't hear a sound difference. Most of today's DACs have these digital filters as part of their design feature. Some are more noticeable, others are very subtle.

Mar 9, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #636 of 5,296
We all ordered on that day
Funny is that MusicTeck site still says
"Estimated Available Date: Mar 12th, 2021"
Or they have emptied their initial stock by all our pre-orders and 12th is yet their second delivery...

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #638 of 5,296
Just received confirmation that my item will arrive this Thursday
Most likely the same for others. Enjoy guys 🐱.
Just checked my DHL status:
Estimated Delivery:
Friday, March 12, 2021
By End of Day
1 Piece

Still pretty fast 👨🏻‍🚒🦸🏼🎅🏻

Mar 9, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #640 of 5,296
While we are waiting — apologies if this was already discussed and please excuse my ignorance — can anybody explain the purpose of the SPDIF output? It’s a digital output, so what does the W2 do to the signal?

Mar 9, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #641 of 5,296
While we are waiting — apologies if this was already discussed and please excuse my ignorance — can anybody explain the purpose of the SPDIF output? It’s a digital output, so what does the W2 do to the signal?

You probably aware that SPDIF output is just a digital audio output to connect to external DAC/amp. Thus, W1/W2 will add a clean digital audio output to your smartphone or laptop to connect to outside DAC/amp. Regarding what does W1/W2 do the signal, from the block diagram there is some FPGA DSP processing/buffering, but it hasn't been disclosed exactly what it does. Maybe it re-clocks the digital signal to clean up the jitter using local crystal oscillator (XO), or maybe does more.

1615342294291.png

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #643 of 5,296
You probably aware that SPDIF output is just a digital audio output to connect to external DAC/amp. Thus, W1/W2 will add a clean digital audio output to your smartphone or laptop to connect to outside DAC/amp. Regarding what does W1/W2 do the signal, from the block diagram there is some FPGA DSP processing/buffering, but it hasn't been disclosed exactly what it does. Maybe it re-clocks the digital signal to clean up the jitter using local crystal oscillator (XO), or maybe does more.

Thanks, a useful diagram and info!

Mar 10, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #645 of 5,296
One question I am asking myself is if W2 will ever get MQA support as I couldn't find any reference that even L & P s flagship DAPs are supporting it?
I know other players like S1 have also introduced it in a later firmware update but still I am wondering if it is part of L & P s strategical roadmap considering what I wrote above...🙄

Edit: just checked Lotoo TOTL DAP specs and couldn't find MQA support either. So we might still hope...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back