Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Jan 29, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #4,546 of 5,299
Thanks. Definitely 4-pole. But, I guess what’s curious is the opposite cable end is only 2-pole RCA(?)

If it works, fine… but it sure is confusin’ …
Nothing to really confused about - it is as simple as the right and left channels (*the first 2 pins) on the plug are not connected to the RCA connector on the other ends internally. SPIDF only needs 2 pins: one for the digital signal (which already contains both left and right channels) and one for ground.

Jan 29, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #4,547 of 5,299
L&P W2 SPdif out 3.5mm jack

Attachments

• L&P W2 SPdif coaxial kopia.jpg
    L&P W2 SPdif coaxial kopia.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 0
Jan 29, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #4,548 of 5,299
Nothing to really confused about - it is as simple as the right and left channels (*the first 2 pins) on the plug are not connected to the RCA connector on the other ends internally. SPIDF only needs 2 pins: one for the digital signal (which already contains both left and right channels) and one for ground.

So, a simple
L&P W2 SPdif out 3.5mm jack

Ok… makes sense. The other 2 poles need to be there, even while you don’t need them, for isolating left & right…

Jan 30, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #4,549 of 5,299
Here's the patent for Cirrus Logic proprietary NOS filter, which is available for selection in W2.

I have convinced myself this filter makes W2 sound slightly more analog and have been using it exclusively.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US9936282B2

Feb 2, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #4,551 of 5,299
There seems to be no separate topic about lp w2 malfunctions. I will write here. after updating the firmware, the computer does not see the device. "usb unknown device". "0000VID 0002PID". how to install rescue driver? maybe he will help. ISP_Tool does not see the device. rescue InstallDriver says "installed libusbK OK". what's next? maybe someone knows?

Feb 2, 2022 at 6:35 AM Post #4,552 of 5,299
There seems to be no separate topic about lp w2 malfunctions. I will write here. after updating the firmware, the computer does not see the device. "usb unknown device". "0000VID 0002PID". how to install rescue driver? maybe he will help. ISP_Tool does not see the device. rescue InstallDriver says "installed libusbK OK". what's next? maybe someone knows?

Can we get more information regarding the computer you’re trying to install the driver on?

Feb 2, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #4,555 of 5,299
I will add more. software USBDeview report in attach files. early worck normal lpw2 and fail.
I did not find technical support on the Luxury & Precision website.
Try emailing this: customer@luxuryprecision.net

It is Chinese New Year now so it will probably take a while for them to respond. In any case, you may contact your dealer to service this machine.

Feb 3, 2022 at 7:00 AM Post #4,556 of 5,299
I will add more. software USBDeview report in attach files. early worck normal lpw2 and fail.
I did not find technical support on the Luxury & Precision website.

To be honest, I haven’t yet needed to install the W2 driver as I’m still waiting for it to arrive. That said, my personal experience with Windows, and because I haven’t seen similar problems here before, I would do 2 things first, and while you’re waiting for L&P to respond… (1) download the installer again to make sure it matches the one that’s giving you problems, and (2) reboot the computer, and try installing the driver 1st thing.

Lastly, looking at the report texts you provided, I see a lot of USB device drivers which raise the possibility of a hardware conflict.

Feb 3, 2022 at 7:05 AM Post #4,557 of 5,299
Sorry for the noob question, but can the W1 and W2 bypass the 48kHz android resampling of a smartphone?
Thanks.

Feb 3, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #4,558 of 5,299
Sorry for the noob question, but can the W1 and W2 bypass the 48kHz android resampling of a smartphone?
Thanks.

It depends on the phone and the app, not the dongle. If you can run UAPP or Neutron, it should work in most cases.

Feb 3, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #4,559 of 5,299
Why neither RU6 nor W2 support B, would be a perfect solution for all usage scenarios. Are there some physical design limitation preventing putting BT receiver in the case?

Feb 3, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #4,560 of 5,299
Some rumor suggests that LP is exactly working on a Bluetooth, BTR-5 type of device. Stay tuned! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back