Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Jun 4, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #2,882 of 5,294
I have updated the info and files linked to the OP. Please try and let me know if they work.

Thanks !

That's pretty cool about async being in the W2 - that must be the most major update for the W2?

The major update is not in the firmware for me (and I think a lot of others), they finally seems to come with a working windows driver. I had no high DPC latency, no BSOD, no freeze all day. I have to check gaming now, W2 was causing FPS drops in some cases (yes, you read me well ! - reproductible, drops gone using Hidizs S9).

Jun 4, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #2,883 of 5,294
Jun 4, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #2,884 of 5,294
Thanks !

The major update is not in the firmware for me (and I think a lot of others), they finally seems to come with a working windows driver. I had no high DPC latency, no BSOD, no freeze all day. I have to check gaming now, W2 was causing FPS drops in some cases (yes, you read me well ! - reproductible, drops gone using Hidizs S9).
I agree with you, the new update brings stability in sound if I can say that, using Windows 7 laptop.

Jun 4, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #2,885 of 5,294
Yes I should also note that, in case some users have not noticed, the included Windows driver in the update package has also been updated. I assume that the previous driver would work just fine, but there seems to be some stability benefit from this latest driver.

Jun 4, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #2,886 of 5,294
Yes I should also note that, in case some users have not noticed, the included Windows driver in the update package has also been updated. I assume that the previous driver would work just fine, but there seems to be some stability benefit from this latest driver.
Can you point exactly to the new windows driver?
Maybe I should update mine. I am on windows 7. Thank you.

Jun 4, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #2,889 of 5,294

You missed some talks about the driver it appears :wink: Previous one was causing high DPC latency, freezes and BSOD on Win10 (Win7 driver seemed fine tough).

Jun 4, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #2,891 of 5,294
The hunt for W2 is finally over: time to check if I do really still want DX300 that much or can happily settle with it for a while :)
IMG_20210605_014146.jpg

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #2,892 of 5,294
The hunt for W2 is finally over: time to check if I do really still want DX300 that much or can happily settle with it for a while :)
Unexpected effect: I suddenly seem to be in love with my CA Cascade again. S1 definitely was too weak to unleash their potential while being too warm and rough but W2 with Normal / Normal / High / LL Slow / Tune2 is completely different story feeding these with enough juice and being a tad warm with LL Slow.

Just great :)

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #2,893 of 5,294
Got my W2 a few weeks ago courtesy of Andrew @MusicTeck. Package arrived in less than 5 days(via DHL to PH). Customer service is superb.
The device itself is a great value buy for the price (even including the shipping fee to the other side of the world). Saw the glowing reviews on here which made me pull the trigger. Very happy with the purchase. Paired with ier-z1r, blessing 2 dusk and aria.

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #2,894 of 5,294
I too have to jump on the W2 praise bandwagon. I purchased the EE Valkyrie MKIIs for the profound bass and also wanted to experience the electrostatic driver. For the type of music I mostly listen to, they are a dream-- but agree with most reviewers, not the best for other types. Subjectively, the LP W2 seems to bump the mids a bit at little to no sacrifice of low end. I'm listening to this via 3.5mm, and have an Impact Audio balanced 4.4 arriving tomorrow to try it out. Now that I've had the W2 for a week, I've become amazed by how much it has improved the sound for the rest of my collection. I actually think the Valks + W2 might take care of all of my audio needs without having to be concerned with margins.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back