Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Jun 2, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #2,851 of 5,294
Sorry if this has been answered before (190 pages 😭)

I'd like to know how the 3.5mm port on the W2 stack up to its 4.4mm? Is the jump very significant?

And how did it's 3.5mm port SQ of W2 relative to other usb dac (that only have 3.5) such as ibasso dc03, apple dongle, or meizu hifi pro?

Thanks!
Most think 4.4 is better, though not my experience. Depends on what you're driving - some iems sound better with 3.5.
There's no comparison with the ibasso, etc. The W2 sound is better in every single way - though battery life not do good (mileage may vary...).

Jun 2, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #2,852 of 5,294
Jun 2, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #2,853 of 5,294
I've had the W2 for a few days now. I'm using this to drive my EE Valkyrie MKIIs, source is AmazonHD via iPhone 12 Pro max . I have a ddhifi cable on the way. I'm using the included 3.5mm cables and have a second 4.4mm on the way as well.

I find it hard to believe how this device improves an impeccable set of IEMs. I purchased the Valks as the majority of my preference is bass heavy, say 90% and these fit the bill. With the W2, I find the Valks can now be used for 100% of my preference. I can't quite yet put my finger on it, but subjectively I feel the W2 adds a touch of spaciousness around the mids without sacrificing the outstanding bass of the Valks. I'm running the OOTB stock config and will now start to experiment with settings advised in this forum and elsewhere.

Jun 2, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #2,854 of 5,294
I've had the W2 for a few days now. I'm using this to drive my EE Valkyrie MKIIs, source is AmazonHD via iPhone 12 Pro max . I have a ddhifi cable on the way. I'm using the included 3.5mm cables and have a second 4.4mm on the way as well.

I find it hard to believe how this device improves an impeccable set of IEMs. I purchased the Valks as the majority of my preference is bass heavy, say 90% and these fit the bill. With the W2, I find the Valks can now be used for 100% of my preference. I can't quite yet put my finger on it, but subjectively I feel the W2 adds a touch of spaciousness around the mids without sacrificing the outstanding bass of the Valks. I'm running the OOTB stock config and will now start to experiment with settings advised in this forum and elsewhere.
May I ask which gain setting and max volume?

Jun 2, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #2,855 of 5,294
May I ask which gain setting and max volume?
My current settings:

EQ: Normal
SDF: Normal
Gain: Low
FLT: LL Slow
W2 vol is: 75
iPhone vol is max

One of my non-EDM test songs is Mr Blue Sky given the range of electronics, vocals and instruments. It sounds incredible.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #2,856 of 5,294
My current settings:

EQ: Normal
SDF: Normal
Gain: Low
FLT: LL Slow
W2 vol is: 75
iPhone vol is max

One of my non-EDM test songs is Mr Blue Sky given the range of electronics, vocals and instruments. It sounds incredible.
Thank you for sharing. I only ask because m iPhone XS Max I have to use high gain on vol 70….Are you using the stock lightning cable?
I’m hoping a buying the ddhifi cable will help with the dang iPhone voltage restrictions. High gain is not as enjoyable as low gain but low gain is too low :/

Jun 2, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #2,857 of 5,294
Thank you for sharing. I only ask because m iPhone XS Max I have to use high gain on vol 70….Are you using the stock lightning cable?
I’m hoping a buying the ddhifi cable will help with the dang iPhone voltage restrictions. High gain is not as enjoyable as low gain but low gain is too low :/
Yes, at the moment I'm using the lightning cable included with the W2. IIRC, it came default set to High Gain, which I felt was a bit harsh. After maxing out iPhone volume, switching to Low, it sounds perfect at between 72 and 75 vol on the W2. Do you have loudness protection enabled on your iPhone? I'm curious if iOS could be interfering somehow.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #2,859 of 5,294
Good news, the latest firmware for both W1/W2 is available to download now V1.0.2.6

http://www.luxuryprecision.net/xiazai/

Added IE800s SE846 tuning mode, asynchronous UAC connection mode, fixed the BUG of no sound after V1.0.2.2 version DSD switched tuning mode

EDIT : we need some help with the download link. :)

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #2,861 of 5,294
Good news, the latest firmware for both W1/W2 is available to download now V1.0.2.6

http://www.luxuryprecision.net/xiazai/

Added IE800s SE846 tuning mode, asynchronous UAC connection mode, fixed the BUG of no sound after V1.0.2.2 version DSD switched tuning mode

EDIT : we need some help with the download link. :)
Great! Let me update the info to the OP.

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #2,863 of 5,294
on my note 21 i can only control volume with the w2 with uapp. im guessing that by default?
You need to change the "HID KEY" setting on W2.

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #2,864 of 5,294

Users who are viewing this thread

Back