Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Jun 2, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #2,837 of 5,294
Do you use the w2 with the m8 together? I've been eyeing an m8 to use with w2 instead of my phone.
I do, not super portable as M8 is not the slimmest as you know but it's working fine, so not much more footprint than without W2 :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #2,840 of 5,294
I have my eyes on this one from DD hifi... seems decent, however haven’t bought it yet, so can’t comment.
I have it combined with the ddhifi lightning adapter.
Downside is that this cable isn't working with most of my Android sources but only with the lightning adapter and IPhone / IPad

Jun 2, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #2,842 of 5,294
I have it combined with the ddhifi lightning adapter.
Downside is that this cable isn't working with most of my Android sources but only with the lightning adapter and IPhone / IPad
Ah it doesn’t work with my iPad Pro either for some reason.. but works if I connect it via a USB hub.. strange

Jun 2, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #2,843 of 5,294
Ah it doesn’t work with my iPad Pro either for some reason.. but works if I connect it via a USB hub.. strange
I assume that the OTG function isn't part of the cable and is provided by the extra ddhifi (lightning) adapter or hub (in your case)

Jun 2, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #2,847 of 5,294
Jun 2, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #2,848 of 5,294
Hmm so I was a little peeved that W2 sounds a little anemic for general listening on PC (Spotify, Youtube), whereas for wasapi with foobar it sounds great.

I tried this solution that supposedly allows spotify and such to bypass the windows mixer, and the result was a pleasant surprise =). Got much needed warmth out of W2 and imaging wasn't all over the place.

https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/afc9si/asio_output_from_within_spotify_replacement_for/

I also recall many of my dongles having varying sounds from different sources and players but generally don't go well out of my desktop usb, maybe I should try them out again.

Jun 2, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #2,849 of 5,294
Hmm so I was a little peeved that W2 sounds a little anemic for general listening on PC (Spotify, Youtube), whereas for wasapi with foobar it sounds great.

I tried this solution that supposedly allows spotify and such to bypass the windows mixer, and the result was a pleasant surprise =). Got much needed warmth out of W2 and imaging wasn't all over the place.

https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/afc9si/asio_output_from_within_spotify_replacement_for/

I also recall many of my dongles having varying sounds from different sources and players but generally don't go well out of my desktop usb, maybe I should try them out again.
I stream with Qobuz and can set to WASAPI in exclusive mode. One definitely needs to bypass the windows mixer

Jun 2, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #2,850 of 5,294
Sorry if this has been answered before (190 pages 😭)

I'd like to know how the 3.5mm port on the W2 stack up to its 4.4mm? Is the jump very significant?

And how did it's 3.5mm port SQ of W2 relative to other usb dac (that only have 3.5) such as ibasso dc03, apple dongle, or meizu hifi pro?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back