Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
May 22, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #2,641 of 5,290
Anyone else finding that the 4.4 fit on this is super tight? I've tried with a few cables, and I really have to work at it to get them in and out. Worried about damaging it one day. My main cable works fine with my other sources.

Which cable? These plugs do have some +/- tolerance, and I found it to be worse on budget chi-fi cables.

May 22, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #2,642 of 5,290
Which cable? These plugs do have some +/- tolerance, and I found it to be worse on budget chi-fi cables.
Effect Audio Maestro. So tight its hard to even rotate once plugged in. Again, it fits normally in my other 4.4 sources. I can imagine doing damage to cable jack and/or W2 over time going in and out (heh).

edit: actually, now that I remember I destroyed a very cheap old 4.4 cable jack head trying to pull it out of the w2.

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #2,643 of 5,290
I got DD adapter 2.5 to 4.4 and it’s really tight, but I’d rather have it tight than loose. Really impressed with the packaging, I’ve got a nice wooden box now!
Balanced on this thing is a huge difference from the SE. I’m just reiterating that point :wink: It’s one of those cases where it’s a stark difference.

B71B2A1E-4490-4ABC-98EC-35114CB3470E.jpeg

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #2,644 of 5,290
I got DD adapter 2.5 to 4.4 and it’s really tight, but I’d rather have it tight than loose. Really impressed with the packaging, I’ve got a nice wooden box now!
Balanced on this thing is a huge difference from the SE. I’m just reiterating that point :wink: It’s one of those cases where it’s a stark difference.

I was really impressed when I received the same DD adaptor - such a nice package! It won't be leaving the Odins which are connected to it, so a nice tight connection is great.

Totally agree - balanced is another level.

May 22, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #2,647 of 5,290
No

Like so tight it's hard to get in and out, or to rotate? Sorry to belabor the point, I just want to know if I should return it or not.

May 22, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #2,648 of 5,290
No

Like so tight it's hard to get in and out, or to rotate? Sorry to belabor the point, I just want to know if I should return it or not.

both, I can rotate it but not easy. It’s pretty damn tight. Return the W2? No I wouldn’t, I’ve had other 4.4 that were tight. I’m sure over time it will loosen up a bit. Plus if you got it from an authorized dealer like music tech and the jack breaks they will replace or fix it.

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #2,650 of 5,290

Could you guys comment on whether or not this DD Hifi adapter is indeed not impacting sound quality / is fully transparent?

Was reading some concerns on one of the audio Discord servers about it, and elsewhere I think.

Just wondering what your experience has been, since it would be a pity to ‘spoil’ (or even impact in the slightest for the worst) the whole multi-$K chain by one adapter.

PS for example this adapter by PW Audio distills a bit more trust, so to speak... but of course not nearly as convenient, being a pig tail.

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #2,651 of 5,290
Could you guys comment on whether or not this DD Hifi adapter is indeed not impacting sound quality / is fully transparent?

Was reading some concerns on one of the audio Discord servers about it, and elsewhere I think.

Just wondering what your experience has been, since it would be a pity to ‘spoil’ (or even impact in the slightest for the worst) the whole multi-$K chain by one adapter.

PS for example this adapter by PW Audio distills a bit more trust, so to speak... but of course not nearly as convenient, being a pig tail.

sounds excellent to me, the electronics of an adapter are dead simple and really shouldn’t have any impact on sound. I can later test it against the hiby but right off the bat I can hear no difference.
My multimeter is on the fritz or I’d check the continuity. But I’d bet it’s 100%

Edit:
After AB ing the 2 the DD does have a veil somewhat, it could be the ribbon connector they used. Going to send it back. Thanks verificatior :wink:

Last edited:
May 23, 2021 at 1:27 AM Post #2,652 of 5,290
Fiio q5: AKM AK4490EN
L&P W2: CS43198

Haven't heard the Q5 myself but from my experience regarding AKM from M8 vs W2, AKM is the more warm and juicy choice whereas it always depends on the overall DAC-AMP implementation and IEM synergy.
I am using W2 as a more neutral energetic complement to the juicy warm M8.
I d also rate S1 to be warmer but at the cost of detail than W2.
So if you want that warmth and step up I think I d recommend some mid tier DAP like M6pro
Thanks! Actually I started thinking if I should sell a pack of my seldom used gear like Q5, Atlas, Cascade + a bunch of lower tier items to fund M8 purchase instead, leaving only S1, Z5, 3DT and some higher-grade OCC / pure silver cables which I still use daily 🤔

May 23, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #2,653 of 5,290
Thanks! Actually I started thinking if I should sell a pack of my seldom used gear like Q5, Atlas, Cascade + a bunch of lower tier items to fund M8 purchase instead, leaving only S1, Z5, 3DT and some higher-grade OCC / pure silver cables which I still use daily 🤔
Though there are still software glitches reported (much better though than in previous firmwares) M8 my personal choice top DAP for smooth thick musical SQ.
W2 is my mobile complement for more reference signature and more forward upper mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back