Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
May 21, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #2,611 of 5,290
May 21, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #2,614 of 5,290
let me try it again, because tons of my songs won’t transfer to iTunes. Like I’ve got 0 police albums. Just stupid

oh crap I’ve only bought the android version of neutron. I’ve got to buy it again. Not worth it, because I can’t get all my files on the phone.

I wish Samsung still made ‘mini’ models.

It would be cool if they got custom EQ firmware somehow

You can still find Galaxy S7 in some dark places, Android 10 with light custom rom, works like a charm with Bubbleupnp->UAPP->W2. 142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9 mm, 152g, 3000mah.

Nokia 8 Sirocco.

May 21, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #2,615 of 5,290
May 21, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #2,617 of 5,290
yep thanks, I’ve had 3 of those on the list. The s10e, pixel, 5 and the Xperia x2 compact. S10e broke, forgot why I didn’t like the Xperia and the pixel 5 was just a touch too big to be comfortable. But it was really nice.

automatic is off
Then you might be talking about the dimming that happens just before the screen locks. In that case, you should adjust the screen lock setting (also in Display and Brightness) to longer than it is currently (or "never"), but that will cost you battery life.

May 21, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #2,618 of 5,290
Two cents adding into overall dongles/DACs discussion on the last few pages: I felt quite happy with my S1 until I read a few opinions about 3DT being a power-hungry IEM and tried a long forgotten Fiio Q5+AM3B combo. What a difference! 500 mW output + the warmest source signature I've heard so far completely transformed 3DT sound for better so now I struggle going back to S1 sounding very lean and anemic.

The question is: will W2 become a revelation for me being more juicy than S1 (not as much as Q5 though), or the difference is negligible and I'd better look into full-size DAP instead?

May 21, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #2,619 of 5,290
Then you might be talking about the dimming that happens just before the screen locks. In that case, you should adjust the screen lock setting (also in Display and Brightness) to longer than it is currently (or "never"), but that will cost you battery life.
No it doesn’t have anything to do with screen lock. It just happens at different times during use and everything is off. It’s like at half brightness now but it might be at a quarter brightness tonight. Then I turn it up to half brightness and it’s down to a quarter in the morning .

Edit: Auto brightness was turned on under accessibility. Jeez!

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #2,620 of 5,290
Two cents adding into overall dongles/DACs discussion on the last few pages: I felt quite happy with my S1 until I read a few opinions about 3DT being a power-hungry IEM and tried a long forgotten Fiio Q5+AM3B combo. What a difference! 500 mW output + the warmest source signature I've heard so far completely transformed 3DT sound for better so now I struggle going back to S1 sounding very lean and anemic.

The question is: will W2 become a revelation for me being more juicy than S1 (not as much as Q5 though), or the difference is negligible and I'd better look into full-size DAP instead?
Fiio q5: AKM AK4490EN
L&P W2: CS43198

Haven't heard the Q5 myself but from my experience regarding AKM from M8 vs W2, AKM is the more warm and juicy choice whereas it always depends on the overall DAC-AMP implementation and IEM synergy.
I am using W2 as a more neutral energetic complement to the juicy warm M8.
I d also rate S1 to be warmer but at the cost of detail than W2.
So if you want that warmth and step up I think I d recommend some mid tier DAP like M6pro

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #2,621 of 5,290
Speaking of DD, my hiby 2.5 to 4.4 adapter cable broke so I ordered their right angle 2.5 to 4.4 adapter plug. I like that it’s at a right angle, especially if I piggyback W2 on something.

CFAE885B-5C4D-41A6-BFDF-6F774B891664.png

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #2,622 of 5,290
Finally updated the firmware on my W2, curious to hear any differences - I'm on a Mac and was dreading the process of loading Windows via a VM etc but worked out pretty easy in the end. IE900 plugged in and ready to enjoy... trying Xelento mode given the single DD connection.

May 21, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #2,623 of 5,290
Finally updated the firmware on my W2, curious to hear any differences - I'm on a Mac and was dreading the process of loading Windows via a VM etc but worked out pretty easy in the end. IE900 plugged in and ready to enjoy... trying Xelento mode given the single DD connection.
Dunu ZEN also benefits from the Xelento EQ-"treatment". I am on 4.4mm, slow filter and tune 2 mode. Smooth and laid-back listening. Cozy as Friday night should be.

May 21, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #2,625 of 5,290
I might drag myself away from the IE900 and try the ZEN again... what tips are you using now on the ZEN?
Switching between the Dunu stock white silicon (M-Size) and the Symbio W Peel. The fit is tight and confortable. The sound is full-bodied, but even taking into account the somewhat scooped treble, I get all the details I need.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back