Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
May 20, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #2,581 of 5,299
R
I tried many, best are DD MFi06 (https://aliexpress.com/item/1005002246584187.html) and Penon (https://penonaudio.com/type-c-to-lightning-silver-plated-cable.html).
Both are high quality; Penon looks sturdier, but definetely stiffer.

Really been enjoying the w2 with the iphone 12 mini. Sadly the lotoo cable I bought lasted less than a week. So i`m looking to pick up better lighting to c interconnect. Looking at the 2 listed above plus the woo audio cable. Of these 3 any thoughts or recommended on what would be the best ? Also is anyone looking to trade there W2 lighting cable for my c to c cable?

May 20, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #2,582 of 5,299
I recently got a ddHiFi adapter from USB-C to Lightning and it was tiny and amazing. They don't seem to be selling it anymore. I would recommend that over anything else since it is pretty easy to get a great USB C cable. https://drop.com/buy/ddhifi-tc28i-lightning-to-usb-c-adapter/talk#discussions

I honestly think anyone who expects the W2 to be better than the giants of DAC/Amp world (Mojo, Diablo, Signature, mid-range DAP) doesn't appreciate how good it is without its own battery. Since those devices have a battery, they offer more dynamics, power, and headspace. That's my experience so far - temper my expectations and enjoy how good the W2 and S1 are.

It's not magic, but the W2 is really good for something so compact. Even if it isn't the perfect solution for my IE800S, it's way more portable than any of my other choices and works with my cell phone!

May 20, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #2,583 of 5,299
R

Really been enjoying the w2 with the iphone 12 mini. Sadly the lotoo cable I bought lasted less than a week. So i`m looking to pick up better lighting to c interconnect. Looking at the 2 listed above plus the woo audio cable. Of these 3 any thoughts or recommended on what would be the best ? Also is anyone looking to trade there W2 lighting cable for my c to c cable?

I’ve got the woo audio C to C cable and it’s excellent. That said I’d go for the DD cable because of the right angle plugs. They’re supposed to be very good also.

May 20, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #2,584 of 5,299
Here is my DD cable setup: USB-C to USB-C, USB-C to Lightning adapter
99571ADD-660A-4EF9-995C-50C141E0BD8D.jpeg

May 20, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #2,586 of 5,299
I recently got a ddHiFi adapter from USB-C to Lightning and it was tiny and amazing. They don't seem to be selling it anymore. I would recommend that over anything else since it is pretty easy to get a great USB C cable. https://drop.com/buy/ddhifi-tc28i-lightning-to-usb-c-adapter/talk#discussions

I honestly think anyone who expects the W2 to be better than the giants of DAC/Amp world (Mojo, Diablo, Signature, mid-range DAP) doesn't appreciate how good it is without its own battery. Since those devices have a battery, they offer more dynamics, power, and headspace. That's my experience so far - temper my expectations and enjoy how good the W2 and S1 are.

It's not magic, but the W2 is really good for something so compact. Even if it isn't the perfect solution for my IE800S, it's way more portable than any of my other choices and works with my cell phone!

It measures really good too :wink:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...y-precision-w1-w2-portable-usb-dac-amp.18148/

May 21, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #2,587 of 5,299
May 21, 2021 at 3:56 AM Post #2,588 of 5,299
May 21, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #2,589 of 5,299

This doesn't mean anything, I've had several Dac / Amp devices. I preferred the Dragonfly Cobalt to all battery-powered devices under $ 500 I've tried, including the Mojo.

More or less equal technicalities and a more neutral and lively signature that I found more suited to me.

This at least with IEMs and easy to drive full size headphones, like Hifiman Ananda.

If W2 doesn't compete with Mojo maybe the hype is exaggerated.

May 21, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #2,590 of 5,299
DD HiFi makes awesome 😎 cables and connectors. These guys have a very practical approach to manufacturing eminently usable gear/ peripherals that are sturdy, well-packaged, and aesthetically pleasing. I am in awe of their Small Stuff. Currently using TC05 with W2; also have DJ44A & DJ44B.

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #2,593 of 5,299
May 21, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #2,594 of 5,299
This doesn't mean anything, I've had several Dac / Amp devices. I preferred the Dragonfly Cobalt to all battery-powered devices under $ 500 I've tried, including the Mojo.

More or less equal technicalities and a more neutral and lively signature that I found more suited to me.

This at least with IEMs and easy to drive full size headphones, like Hifiman Ananda.

If W2 doesn't compete with Mojo maybe the hype is exaggerated.

Trust your ears rather than the folks in the thread like me or graphs from various sources. I think every dac/amp in the last 6 years has been compared to the Chord Mojo at some point. Sometimes minor differences are overblown.

If the Cobalt works for you, great. I'd still probably check this one now out to see if it works better for your tastes and need. OR save your money and wait for the fire sale in the classifieds section when there is a new flavor of the month. I am pretty impressed with how much power it can deliver, although I don't always love its sound signature.

I'll be honest, I'm more interested in the Hifiman Ananda through this thread than the W2. An easy to drive planar headphone would be a beautiful thing.

May 21, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #2,595 of 5,299
R

I just received the Penon cables (they have both straight and angled versions) and can confirm they are great. No random disconnects from the iPhone, like with virtually any other cable I tried. They did take a long time to arrive (to the US) but were worth the wait.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back