Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
May 12, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #2,432 of 5,290
May 12, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #2,433 of 5,290
I’d use W2 with my iPhone 12 Pro Max with my IEMs, could I have problems?
Yeah you should be fine. Similar to @snapandslide, I use high gain on my iPhone 12 Pro and dabble between 35-40 on the W2 volume. May vary a bit for hungrier IEMs but can't imagine it being an issue.

May 12, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #2,434 of 5,290
Honestly I was running my 4 Ohms Andromeda Golds balanced on Low Gain and never turned louder than like 35 and therefore you should never hit the difficult region of around 80 anyway
Thank u very much!
I’ll wait it maybe for Monday

May 12, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #2,435 of 5,290
Yeah you should be fine. Similar to @snapandslide, I use high gain on my iPhone 12 Pro and dabble between 35-40 on the W2 volume. May vary a bit for hungrier IEMs but can't imagine it being an issue.
Hi
As you re here yet, can you do a quick test if W2 is recognized as DAC with M8 as digital source?
Thx!

May 12, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #2,436 of 5,290
Hi
As you re here yet, can you do a quick test if W2 is recognized as DAC with M8 as digital source?
Thx!
Heh, you're gonna have to PM how to do that. Strictly been using W2 as a dongle to smartphone only.

May 12, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #2,437 of 5,290
May 12, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #2,439 of 5,290
Can you run 100% volume with a 20Ohm IEM on an iPhone?

My lowest impedance headphones are the 35 Ohm Focal Celestee, which I can run to 100% (but that would be way too loud for normal listening). So I am afraid I don’t have a definitive answer for you, although I suspect 20 Ohm is not low enough to cause problems. And also you’d blow your ears out at that volume :)

May 12, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #2,440 of 5,290
Got mine today and I can easily (for me) say it's better than S1 and Sparrow. To me it outclasses the S1 on pretty much everything (no eq) and sounds more precise and less digital more organic/natural than Sparrow. In fact it's better than most daps I've tried in pure sound quality. It's not going to drive full size headphones as well as a powerful dap but, I'm a iem guy anyways because I can't tolerate headphones on my ears.

Sound impressions- very full sounding a touch of analog but very precise and detailed. Very natural sounding tonality. A nice 3d ish stage presentation with excellent imaging. Mids are really lush and defined but nothing is lacking. I'm really impressed. It's a very high end sounding device.
Warmish neutral maybe. Hard to accurately describe and you probably have different iems than I do. But I'm loving what I hear.

The settings are just the same as out of the box. High gain, tone 2, fast roll off volume around 59. I've used ie800, hiby beans, akt8ieii, and meze classics 99. All sound great, so far with every genre. Tia's will be back soon to try, and I've got rose mini pro 3's coming- I like small iems. Oh, btw it even worked great with tiny fiio m5 ha ha :) of course I'm sure it will kill battery on that tiny thing fast.
PXL_20210512_193051657.jpg
PXL_20210512_201726361.jpg

Also build quality is excellent and even the included cable fits tight!

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #2,441 of 5,290
Got mine today and I can easily say it's better than S1 and Sparrow. In fact it's better than most daps I've tried in pure sound quality.
Oh no! {lights touch paper and runs}! I think there must be about 4 Sparrow owners on here who were kinda hoping you wouldn’t say that. Watching this eagerly. Thanks for early heads up 👍

May 12, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #2,442 of 5,290
Oh no! {lights touch paper and runs}! I think there must be about 4 Sparrow owners on here who were kinda hoping you wouldn’t say that. Watching this eagerly. Thanks for early heads up 👍
Well of course that's my opinion, ymmv and the Sparrow might have more power, but I like the sound sig of the w2 (tax form ha ha) more. In a weird way it kind of reminds me of the hybrid tube setting on the cayin n3 pro, but with more detail and not with the tube staging. Which is a very good thing.
Please note this was using balanced - which is all I use and from memory, but I remember the Sparrow well, it sounds amazing also.
No emi interference from my pixel 5 either. I think I've got the latest firmware installed because I have a xelento setting.

Look forward to other impressions.

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #2,443 of 5,290
Getting excited about the W2. I bought it from musicteck with the Amazon pay option I should hopefully get back 5% back on Amazon prime card.
Andrew at musicteck really went outa his way to help me with purchase.
I had originally bought a lotoo paw s1 from Amazon for the mini but after some thought and reading the two threads on decided to return it. Guess this will give me the chance to try both.

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #2,445 of 5,290
Getting excited about the W2. I bought it from musicteck with the Amazon pay option I should hopefully get back 5% back on Amazon prime card.
Andrew at musicteck really went outa his way to help me with purchase.
I had originally bought a lotoo paw s1 from Amazon for the mini but after some thought and reading the two threads on decided to return it. Guess this will give me the chance to try both.

I agree Andrew is the man, he's always on top of things and ships super fast. What more can you say?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back