Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Aug 11, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #1,352 of 1,603
1.0.0.3:
firmware for L3
1. External artwork support
2. AAC support
3. Better detection for headphones under USB DAC
4. Fix some incompatible issues with USB DAC
5. Fix a bug with volume not reseting after using line out.
6. Partially fix shuffling. (only partially)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bk2stn7fsfm340/LPFWPKG_L3_V1.0.0.3.rar?dl=0

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #1,355 of 1,603
1. Back up all the important file/song...

2. Make sure battery >50%

3. Unzip the rar/zip file :

Step: 

1. Copy the .iso file into player internal memory root directory

2. Unplug the usb / unmount the device, long press the power button to shut down

3. Long press the power button to power up, the device will detect the .iso file and update will begin.. Press yes to update when prompt.

4. Wait

Aug 12, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #1,357 of 1,603
Yep it's normal. Brilliant to have AAC working :)

Aug 12, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #1,358 of 1,603
Yes a couple small improvements, haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but the volume failing to reset bug after plugging in line out is a relief as i have almost blown my ears off accidentally because of that bug recently ...

Looks like still no ogg vorbis support?

Edit:

Playing back 24 bit 88.1 khz flacs from HDTracks seems at first blush to be slightly more stable (sound seems to have stopped breaking up like RFI interference is happening), but still prone to random dropouts (eg, play for around 30 secs, pause for a few secs, then it starts again). 

Please please squash bugs developers ...

PS I just received the massdrop VE Monk (SE version) and I have to say I am seriously amazed at the SQ of these things. They are to my ears way better than the Yuin PK3. I am now very tempted by the VE Zen. Is it going to be worth the price difference?

Aug 15, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #1,361 of 1,603

Fantastic review, as usual!!!  Just curious about the case, did Mr Wan or someone else confirmed it's from Dignis?  I was wondering about it too, but don't think I was able to confirm.  It definitely on par with Dignis quality and Dignis has done a case for Opus DAP, so quite possible.  Also, absolutely agree, L3 is my go to for any hiss prone IEMs/CIEMs.  I absolutely love it with Zeus-R.  With output impedance, since you mentioned AK240 having the same performance in terms of output impedance, AK120ii is as quiet and nearly identical to AK240 (with the same hiss free performance), but A&K states it has 1 ohm or less, but who knows...  Manufacturers do have different ways of measuring output impedance, and as you know Shanling revised their spec which used to be a lot higher to align with a measuring method others are using.  Wonder if John can shed some light what output impedance is speced by L&P?

Btw, got my hands on VE Monk+ balanced, and it's a fantastic pair up with L3.  Still $5, unbelievable, uh?

Aug 15, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #1,362 of 1,603
@twister6

Thanks, buddy!

It wasn't confirmed that it's a Dignis OEM commission (I haven't asked either), but given that they are making cases for quite a number of DAPs as OEM commissions and as it has all of the features, design and quality of a Dignis case, I think it is very safe to assume that it is. If it however isn't, huge apologies from my side!

Regarding output impedance, the AK 120 II does have ~ 1 Ohm in balanced mode as far as I know and more in single-ended mode. But yes, the AK240 (single-ended) with the SE846 as load measured almost identical to the L3 (same load, single-ended too), so both are about equally true/untrue when it comes to driving complex multi-driver loads.
It would be interesting to know the L3's OI on the balanced output, as I am convinced it is lower (I don't have a soundcard to measure balanced loads, so I cannot measure the frequency deviation in balanced mode myself).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back