Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Aug 3, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #1,338 of 1,603
Just as a side note, for a relative comparison of what is brighter/colored/etc, please mention headphones/earphones you are using
wink.gif

Aug 3, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #1,339 of 1,603
for android based devices, I tried dpx1, opus #1....they sound good, but for their px tags, i expected more...put it this way, if i am only willing to pay a lotus 7 px for a sport car...apart from handling, i wont adk for more...but if one tries to sell me a car with M3 price tag, i will also look for aircon, leather seat....

What is more? Care to share?

Aug 3, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #1,340 of 1,603
With the various IEM I've used, I agree with Whaleshark12 that L3 with default EQ is a warm DAP that lacks detail. Detail is better with Jazz EQ, but then treble sounds share and bass is lacking a bit. This is in comparison with other warm DAPs I've used recently like Shanling M5 and Esther Analog, which deals being quite warm have better detail retrieval. They are more expensive, though and don't have balanced out. At this price point, I recommend Cayin N5 and Shanling M2.

Aug 6, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #1,345 of 1,603
was told to expect the new FW to be released in Aug...

Now that would be really nice.

If the sorting/order was fixed along with the occasional Hi-Res crashes/freezes and touch swiping was added (plus if the "update library" button was moved into the settings), there wouldn't be much to complain about the FW at all.

Aug 6, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #1,346 of 1,603
Now that would be really nice.

If the sorting/order was fixed along with the occasional Hi-Res crashes/freezes and touch swiping was added (plus if the "update library" button was moved into the settings), there wouldn't be much to complain about the FW at all.

In addition to those suggestions, I'd like to have an additional EQ setting in between Normal and Jazz that gives a nice full sound but with a bit more sparkle up top (just not as overbearing as the Jazz EQ setting). Just my two cents...

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #1,349 of 1,603
Next firmware for L3
1. External artwork support
2. AAC support
3. Better detection for headphones under USB DAC
4. Fix some incompatible issues with USB DAC

It is in beta testing right now, I will put up a download link after beta testing is done.

Sorry for typo if any, on phone out of town :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back