Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Jul 16, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #1,307 of 1,603
What future FW releases should also feature is the correct (alphabetical) order of the folders in directory view. As it is now, they are sorted by the date they were added (chronological order) and one has to use a program like "FAT Sorter" to get them in the correct, alphabetical order.

Jul 16, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #1,308 of 1,603
it seems that they don't accept upgrades from current L3 users though, that's a bummer.

and i don't think they are ready for the gathering next week in shenzhen. by the way, what's there to show?

Jul 27, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #1,309 of 1,603
From Shenzhen HiFi Party (got these pictures from FB).  As previously mentioned, L3 Pro seems to have a wooden veneer panel (like L5 Pro), a shade darker metal case and buttons, and the buttons now have an etched functionality marking.

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #1,310 of 1,603
Anyone contact L&P recently? The Phone-out jack started wiggling recently and now has stopped working on my L3 =(

I've messaged the OP but no response yet. Any of you ever dealt with their warranty/repairs (if it even exists)?

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #1,311 of 1,603
Anyone contact L&P recently? The Phone-out jack started wiggling recently and now has stopped working on my L3 =(

I've messaged the OP but no response yet. Any of you ever dealt with their warranty/repairs (if it even exists)?
are u in the US? think u may hv to send it back to China for repair...I can send you their address if you need...

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #1,312 of 1,603
are u in the US? think u may hv to send it back to China for repair...I can send you their address if you need...

Located in Canada - I'll actually be in HK in late August...so maybe I'll just send it from there.
Any contact information on who I can get in touch with?

I think they have a location in HK - maybe I should just try them?

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #1,314 of 1,603
I think the OP has bailed on this project as according to an earlier poster on this thread (when trying to track his missing shipment), OP is no longer doing the worthy audio thing and has a new job or something like that.

Jul 28, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #1,315 of 1,603
Located in Canada - I'll actually be in HK in late August...so maybe I'll just send it from there.
Any contact information on who I can get in touch with?

I think they have a location in HK - maybe I should just try them?
No, they dont hv any office in HK. Last time when my L5 broke down, I tried to send it to their ShenZhen office by SF but was told it might take 2, 3 days becoz of the Chinese Customs thing. Eventually, I took it to their office myself, and was given a new replacement. A half day business.

Jul 30, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #1,317 of 1,603
There is another post on the Chinese forum talking about the hardware upgrade of L3 Pro

For L3's design, we are using OP AMP made by using BIPOLAR structure tuned for vocal music. This kind of OP AMP have soft and thin sounding, which isn't ideal for classical music. For L3P we are using SOLO(name) OP AMP made with FET structure; we also tuned the voltage level of OP AMP and headphone AMP, and adding a set of voltage stabilization circuit. In short, the sound would keep its softness for vocal music and have much better dynamic and layering for classical music.

L3P's headphone AMP section will use 1812A double crown, which is the same one that LP5 gold is using.  Players would usually have higher distortion when they are powering highly sensitive IEMs. We are using this chip for minimal distortion when powering these sensitive IEMs.  With the above improvements, L3 P's SE out, balanced out, and line out would sound much better.

Also, we are keeping similar power output on SE out and balanced out, which are 1.25 Vrms and 2.5 Vrms, because we believe this is best level for IEMs. The noise floor level performance would also be better than L3.

We also notice some user would use line out to power their headphone directly(what???), but it would often comes high distortion under load. We tuned line out so that it can power headphones without distortion.

SOURCE: http://www.erji.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1937248

Users who are viewing this thread

Back