Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Apr 13, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #691 of 1,603
I just got an email from SHENZHENAUDIO (fulfilled by Amazon), saying that shipping was by UPS and looks that the original country was US.

So I think there is a variety of methods they are using ... Looks like some where batched up and sent to Amazon's batch fulfillment facilities in the US, and others were sent direct ...

Did you buy it from Shenzhenaudio on amazon or through IGG?  I thought the original IGG campaign was fulfilled by L&P directly at intro price of $299.  I see Shenzen selling these on amazon for $499 already.

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #693 of 1,603
Did you buy it from Shenzhenaudio on amazon or through IGG?  I thought the original IGG campaign was fulfilled by L&P directly at intro price of $299.  I see Shenzen selling these on amazon for $499 already.

bought from IGG campaign and got the email from shenzhenaudio. does it mean that my l3 was shipped from shenzhen to the US and then to be fowarded back to shenzhen? it might just be one of the first l3's that fly around the world and then back to where they come from...

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #695 of 1,603

Backed the IGG campaign. I think they sent all US orders in bulk to an Amazon fulfillment facility

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #698 of 1,603
I guess shenzhenaudio helped to ship the L3(s) to US customers.

rolleyes.gif
 And I think the US ones are shipped with English preset right?

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #700 of 1,603

I think I experience shut down once.

Power on/off is the play button, which is first one on of the three buttons on the right side.

Got mine today.

Similar to others, I had to re-format my card (even though it was already formatted in FAT32).

During the first hour of use, I have already experienced an abrupt shutdown. 

Will be comparing against my X5II and Plenue D using various SE cables and IEMs.

Can anyone recommend a balanced cable? Planning on ordering the Fidue A83 MMXC balanced cable from Penon Audio.

Apr 13, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #702 of 1,603
  I suggest trying media update couple of times and see if it would crush again.

BTW, by higher gain do you mean volume setting?

Yeah, sort of. But, actually my bad.

The nice thing about the FiiO X5 or X5II is there are two gain settings. With a wide volume range of 0-120.

The L3 has fixed gain with a volume range of 0-60.

So, when I had the volume set at ~50 I thought I was below the mid-point of the volume range (since I was used to the X5II). Just my confusion.

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #703 of 1,603
Got mine today.  So some quick thoughts...

Using with 64ears U10 (with black dragon 2.5 trrs or 3.5 adaptor).

- Mine came in english with a nice little english quickstart guide (which of course I didn't notice until after i pressed all the buttons to see what they do...)

- Build is very good.  Clean edges, no blemishes aside from some residual glue that wiped off.  Feels good in the hand.  Heavier than it looks.  Buttons probably should have been labeled and while they feel solid having them fixed instead of being able to spin would have been preferable imo.

- FAT32 only... annoying.  Still moving the rest of my collection over.

- Very pleased with the gui... although I had very low expectations given everyones warnings.  No swipe is sorta odd but layout makes most things pretty self explanatory.  Logically placed buttons and menus.  Only gripe would be that you can't change playback mode or repeat from the play screen.

- Sound... well its still playing as we speak.  Black black background; no hiss at all!  Plenty of power for the u10s (will try with full sized cans later) and seems to drive them very well.  Bass has thump and is very tight.  Mids are detailed without being grainy.  Highs seem a bit rolled off but still sparkly and provide plenty of air.  Soundstage is pretty 3D... more impressed with the depth than width though width is very good as well.  Good separation of instruments and layering.  Generally volume set to 18-22 out of 60 is plenty loud for me at least.

- SE vs Balanced.  Using same black dragon cable and switching using a 2.5trrs to 3.5trs adaptor the balanced sounds much sharper with better defined highs.  Width is similar but depth is improved balanced which helps tremendously with separation.  However when I switch to the stock SE cable the difference is not nearly as pronounced... so not sure what to think.  
Essentially balanced black dragon > SE stock cable (spc?) >>> SE black dragon.

- Haven't really played with the preset eqs... normal is fine and probably won't do too much there.  The fast/slow roll off filter on the other hand is nice... with slow you definitely get a smoother, warmer maybe tubey sound.  U10s are not that warm so the slow rolloff is a nice option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back