Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Apr 6, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #631 of 1,603
  Located in Canada and got it on Tuesday. This is literally the first time where something I crowdfunded actually arrived ahead of schedule. Been using it for the entire day - very happy so far.

Only caveat - put the L3 in the leather case before putting in a micro sd....not sure if i can wiggle it out anymore =P the port cutout at the bottom of the case is also a bit tight for the micro usb cable as well 

Aside from some concerns on the case, excellent player.

For me this is more like a group purchase than crowdfund. But massdrop always delay shipping too so anyway :D. Glad that you can get it ahead of time anyway.

Apr 6, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #632 of 1,603
  Located in Canada and got it on Tuesday. This is literally the first time where something I crowdfunded actually arrived ahead of schedule. Been using it for the entire day - very happy so far.

Only caveat - put the L3 in the leather case before putting in a micro sd....not sure if i can wiggle it out anymore =P the port cutout at the bottom of the case is also a bit tight for the micro usb cable as well 

Aside from some concerns on the case, excellent player.

Regarding getting L3 out of the case, the trick i use with a lot of my DAPs - take a pencil with a rubber eraser tip (so it doesn't scratch anything) and push the DAP up through the case opening at the bottom.

Apr 6, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #633 of 1,603
Yeah L&P always make their leather case slightly too tight, just follow Twister6's method above to push the play out of the case. It is always better to start with 'too tight' than 'too loose' anyway. :wink:

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #637 of 1,603
No one is the US gotten it yet? 
confused_face(1).gif

Apr 6, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #638 of 1,603
Guys,

How does this compare to Fiio X5 audio quality wise ? My fiio x1 stopped working and m looking to buy a new DAP.
Not sure if L3 is good enough or need to stretch to 600 and look for x7 or DP X1.
Is this available to buy in US directly?

Apr 6, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #639 of 1,603
  Guys,

How does this compare to Fiio X5 audio quality wise ? My fiio x1 stopped working and m looking to buy a new DAP.
Not sure if L3 is good enough or need to stretch to 600 and look for x7 or DP X1.
Is this available to buy in US directly?

Not available in the U.S. directly, as this is a brand new unit.  I don't think anyone can really compare to your other options, as only a couple people have it (and have had it for not very long).

Apr 6, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #640 of 1,603
  Not available in the U.S. directly, as this is a brand new unit.  I don't think anyone can really compare to your other options, as only a couple people have it (and have had it for not very long).

thnks rd.

will have to wait for few days i guess, before buying somethin...really confused with these many good options like L3,x5,DX80  and the new android based DAP's.

Apr 6, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #642 of 1,603
Give me a few hours to come back to you.  I have the L3 (had it for a good 3 weeks or so), and have extensive experience with X3ii, X5 and X5ii

Which model in particular do you want comparison to?

Apr 6, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #643 of 1,603
  Give me a few hours to come back to you.  I have the L3 (had it for a good 3 weeks or so), and have extensive experience with X3ii, X5 and X5ii

Do you mind comparing it to the X3ii for me? I have the X3II and is currently thinking if I should get the L3 as an upgrade. I also would like to hear your comparison with the X5 and X5ii.

Edit: Oh and I see u have the U6. Can use that to compare? I currently have the U12 and would like to know how the U-series sound with the L3.

Apr 6, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #644 of 1,603

hey Brooko,

i am trying to zero in on this or x5ii . Else i am considering dp x1(but its almost twice the price as this). I have dunu dn1000 and recently got the audeze sine.Now, I cant use a balanced out with the dunu's but audeze someone might release a balanced cable for those in future. 

Apr 6, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #645 of 1,603

hey Brooko,

i am trying to zero in on this or x5ii . Else i am considering dp x1(but its almost twice the price as this). I have dunu dn1000 and recently got the audeze sine.Now, I cant use a balanced out with the dunu's but audeze someone might release a balanced cable for those in future. 

DPX1 is good for its price mainly because of the black background sound, full Android feature, smooth sounding and slightly warmish neutral sound signature. I sold my DPX1 as it does not really pairs well with my U12. Now I'm eyeing on this L3 and hope it pairs well with my U12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back