Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Feb 6, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #121 of 1,603
So, is your L5Pro driving TH-X00 well (quality, not quantity), on medium gain, in the end ? 

Will the balanced output do the maginc, if the cable fostex headphones use is not balanced, and I use a balanced adapter like this ?

Feb 6, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #122 of 1,603
So, is your L5Pro driving TH-X00 well (quality, not quantity), on medium gain, in the end ? 

Will the balanced output do the maginc, if the cable fostex headphones use is not balanced, and I use a balanced adapter like this ?

You can not use adapter on single ended , unless converted, due to joined ground. You can convert balanced into SE, and not the other way around

Feb 6, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #123 of 1,603
Well, I read up and ended up backing this project just for the usb dac function. Balanced out portable dac at $299? Very attractive.

Feb 6, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #127 of 1,603

It drives THX00 well as to portable devices. I tried THX00 with few cheaper portable amps and no big improvement noticed. 

There are converters from balanced signal to SE signals, but then you would lose the benefits of balanced signals, so why not just plug it into SE phone out instead.

Another thing you can do is to MOD your THX00 to use detectable cable; or just MOD a balanced cable on to it and use a converter when you need to plug it into a SE output.

Feb 6, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #128 of 1,603
been listening to mine for about a week..using Zen 2.0, Duke (virtually all earbugs from Lee). L3 has more than sufficient output for them...The Zen is black edition with balanced heads..

Using LO output with Objective2 n also Runabout 2.0 (to be released.from Lee soon, u guys may want to lineup now), it produces great sound wwith K7XX, X2, A5Pro and HD10 (Panasonic)..

Feb 6, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #134 of 1,603
been listening to mine for about a week..using Zen 2.0, Duke (virtually all earbugs from Lee). L3 has more than sufficient output for them...The Zen is black edition with balanced heads..

Using LO output with Objective2 n also Runabout 2.0 (to be released.from Lee soon, u guys may want to lineup now), it produces great sound wwith K7XX, X2, A5Pro and HD10 (Panasonic)..

L3 and RA2? Awesome!

Any word on output impedance, Tony?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back