Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Feb 4, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #91 of 1,603
  Looks great, but if I can't connect to streaming services such as Tidal or Spotify I can't commit.  I know it's not that important to the serious audiophiles, but it's one of the main reasons I ended out dumping my Fiio X5 and have held of on the AK series DAPs.  It's 2016, such features should be as basic as playlist support.

You can use it like a Mojo, and connect to your cellphone that uses Tidal or Spotify, but yeah it would not be as convenient.

Feb 4, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #92 of 1,603

You can use it like a Mojo, and connect to your cellphone that uses Tidal or Spotify, but yeah it would not be as convenient.

Yeah, convenience is the biggest hill to climb / hump to get over.  I get that on a technical level it's going to be superior to a Fiio X5ii, but if it can't compete with my iPhone on ease of use and services, it's never going to replace it... or compliment it.  I'm happy to pony down a fair share of money for something with a good UI, streaming services, and decent storage.  But I feel DAPs in general are stuck in the same rut my Diamond Rio was back in 1999.

Feb 4, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #93 of 1,603

Yeah, convenience is the biggest hill to climb / hump to get over.  I get that on a technical level it's going to be superior to a Fiio X5ii, but if it can't compete with my iPhone on ease of use and services, it's never going to replace it... or compliment it.  I'm happy to pony down a fair share of money for something with a good UI, streaming services, and decent storage.  But I feel DAPs in general are stuck in the same rut my Diamond Rio was back in 1999.

I guess iPhone serves you well, if convenience is a big factor, just bear with your iPhone.

Feb 4, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #94 of 1,603

there are DAPs like DP-X1, Fiio X7, Sony ZX2, etc for those who want good UI, streaming services, and decent storage.

Feb 4, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #95 of 1,603

the X7 might be better for ur uses imo

Feb 4, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #97 of 1,603
I am in the boat with you, guys, now. Ordered. Let's hope I woun't regret for not choosing the paypal check-out option :wink: 

Feb 4, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #102 of 1,603
Hey there

Just wanted to stop by and say i also joined the campaign :)

Was in the market for a new DAP and was already in the ordering process of a Cayin N5, but then stumbled over this thread and thought "whar the heck, i can wait a little longer for this beauty" :p

Seems to fit all my requirements, only the unknown output power and output impndance worry a little.
I will pair them with a Oppo PM-3 (just auditioned one yesterday) and underamped/underdampened they sounded like garbage to me :rolleyes:
But properly amped they are awesome, will be a great portable and a good complement to my HE-400i

I hope for 300+mW / Channel on the balanced out, preferably with less than 1Ohm, would be amazeballs :D

Lets hope for the best, seeya :)

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #105 of 1,603
This thing is supposed to be optimized for IEMs and quite honestly I am actually quite glad its not going to be some over-powered noise monster.

165 mw more than enough power for IEMs.

I backed this specifically because I am only looking for a DAP for IEM use, and who know when the Geek Wave is going to turn up (if ever).

I don't think I have ever seen a dual DAC, full dual mono amped DAP at this price ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back