Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Feb 4, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #79 of 1,603
I'm sorry if this is a bad place to post this, but I wanted hear some thoughts.I've been a frequent visitor of the site for a few years now and finally just joined. I love the insight, reviews and advice. I'm in the market for a new hi res player ($300-$600). This L3 player looks fantastic, but I was also considering the Cowon Plenue D. I know the L3 isn't released yet, but based on the components and the quality L&P has put out in the past, does anyone have any insight on whether this player will be significantly better or comparable to the Plenue D. Thanks.

Feb 4, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #83 of 1,603
This is live, folks.
beerchug.gif

You mean "torture" of waiting, Nik?
tongue.gif

Feb 4, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #84 of 1,603
Looks great, but if I can't connect to streaming services such as Tidal or Spotify I can't commit.  I know it's not that important to the serious audiophiles, but it's one of the main reasons I ended out dumping my Fiio X5 and have held of on the AK series DAPs.  It's 2016, such features should be as basic as playlist support.

Feb 4, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #86 of 1,603
  Looks great, but if I can't connect to streaming services such as Tidal or Spotify I can't commit.  I know it's not that important to the serious audiophiles, but it's one of the main reasons I ended out dumping my Fiio X5 and have held of on the AK series DAPs.  It's 2016, such features should be as basic as playlist support.

L3 will work as usb DAC, pair it up with your phone for streaming or use it standalone with your physical music collection.  Versatility!

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #88 of 1,603

L3 will work as usb DAC, pair it up with your phone for streaming or use it standalone with your physical music collection.  Versatility!

Sounds like someone might just have an LP3 sitting around 
wink_face.gif

Actually, I don't
frown.gif
  At least, not yet...  But usb DAC has been implemented in L5 Pro already and a number of promo L3 shots had it next to iPhone (or Android).  It's a solid feature!  Plus, L&P is about to roll out a new FW update for L5 Pro which I have a feeling is aligned with L3 release (and probably some of the new features mirrored).

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #90 of 1,603
  I'm sorry if this is a bad place to post this, but I wanted hear some thoughts.I've been a frequent visitor of the site for a few years now and finally just joined. I love the insight, reviews and advice. I'm in the market for a new hi res player ($300-$600). This L3 player looks fantastic, but I was also considering the Cowon Plenue D. I know the L3 isn't released yet, but based on the components and the quality L&P has put out in the past, does anyone have any insight on whether this player will be significantly better or comparable to the Plenue D. Thanks.

Plenue D uses WM8998 CODEC chip and a structure similar to some HIFI cellphones. (Meizu MX4 Pro for example)

It is good if you need that battery power(100 hours they claimed), but judging from its components, it will not sound NEARLY as good or deliver as much power as any L&P players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back