Lucky me!
Apr 20, 2012 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

mrip541

100+ Head-Fier
I got home from work yesterday and UPS had left a package inside my gate. It was from John Grado and was the exact shape of boxed headphones. Funny thing is I hadn't ordered anything from Grado and thought it odd that it was from John Grado and not Grado Labs, Inc. The package had my address on it but not my name. I asked the guy who lives above me if he recognized the name and he told me the guy teaches at Julliard and is a musician of some note, and he lived in the area. It crossed my mind that these might be some kind of custom-tweaked PS 1000s and it would be great to have a free pair, but I couldn't keep someone else's Grados. I went over and rang his bell but no one answered, so I called Grado. Long story short, the guy got his package and Grado is sending me a complimentary set. Hooray!

Apr 20, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #4 of 26
Now this is how these situations should work, very good on you! I am glad you didn't immediately start disassembling the headphones and creating a for sale thread for them, like as happened in a certain other thread by a different poster, about a similar mishap in shipped headphones...

Apr 20, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #6 of 26
Can you perhaps PM me the name of the guy it was meant to be sent to? I don't mean to sound like a stalker, it's just that I met a few professors at Juilliard a month or two ago and would be interested to know if he was among them.

Apr 20, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #7 of 26

Quote:
Long story short, the guy got his package and Grado is sending me a complimentary set. Hooray!

Thats nice and fair coming from grado. 
Which model they sent? 

Apr 20, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #8 of 26
No idea what model. He just said, "I'd like to send you some headphones." I'm shocked that they offered me anything really.

Sorry ssrock, I understand why people would want to know who it is but I'd probably not want people knowing what mail I had delivered to my house so I don't want to give out his name. It felt kinda strange to post anything about it at all. Hope you understand.

Apr 20, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #9 of 26
This is great to hear.  Nice that they are sending you a free pair of phones for doing the right thing -- but you had already done the right thing for the right reason, not for reward.  Maybe there is hope...

Apr 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #10 of 26
This is an excellent story and renews my faith in people.  Good job. 
Who did you speak to? Was it a customer service person or the man himself? Sr or Jr

You should link this thread over in the Customer Service Good Bad Ugly thread.

I don't know what's up lately here, I had 3 things left outside my door for hours(?) today and also one yesterday, irreplaceable one, and the other two only at great difficulty.  Usually get a notice to go hit up the post office. Maybe they are sick of writing cards for me. That's a bad sign.

Once again nice work. Just think if they were yours.

Whatever happened to that thread where the guy couldn't leave well enough alone. I seem to recall it got locked but was there any word on the conclusion?

Apr 20, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #11 of 26
good samaritan
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #13 of 26

Quote:
Sorry ssrock, I understand why people would want to know who it is but I'd probably not want people knowing what mail I had delivered to my house so I don't want to give out his name. It felt kinda strange to post anything about it at all. Hope you understand.

No problem. *reconfigures stalking plan*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back