Low cost amp w/ auto shutoff?
Apr 18, 2011 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

monoblocks

Head-Fier
It's been a while since I've shopped for a portable headphone amp so I'm not really versed on what's available these days. I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive amp that has auto shutdown capability. Ultra thin would be nice but not mandatory. Really like the form factor of the Headstage(?) Arrow, but that's beyond my available budget. Performance-wise all it has to do is put a little 'oomph' into the noises coming out of my Zune HD; I have to be realistic about my expectations given my budgetary constraints these days.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Apr 20, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
CmoyBB
I haven't used this yet, but plan on picking one up soon. It looks like it meets your requirements.

http://www.jdslabs.com/products.php?page=cmoy

Thanks for the link. Looks exactly like what I need, though I'm not sure I want another CMOY in an Altoids case for the third time. Wonder how difficult it'll be to transfer all the parts to one of these:

I'll have to devise a better way to keep the lid on tight and check on clearances for the knobs, switches, jacks etc., going through the sides, but this to me would sure beat another amp hidden inside a breath mint box. Sounds like a project...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back