Loud hiss with Senneheiser RS 180
Feb 15, 2011 at 6:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kirkmc

New Head-Fier
I just bought a Sennheiser RS 180 wireless headphone. I was looking forward to listening to music wirelessly from my Mac, which is connected to a DAC > Amp, and controlling it with my iPod touch in different parts of my home. 

Alas, there is a very loud hiss on the headphones; which, considering that the many reviews I've read say doesn't exist, is surprising. I've tried turning off all my other wireless devices - wifi and phone - and the hiss is still there.

I would have like to contact Sennheiser to see what they suggest, but they don't offer any support (I'm in France; this may differ in other countries). 

Before I send them back to Amazon, are there any suggestions as to what I should look at to get rid of the hiss? Has anyone else had this problem?

Feb 17, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #5 of 5
Make sure you find a good match between the source volume and headphone volume.
Try to turn up or down the source volume and adjust the headphone volume accordingly.

Even with digital transmission, finding a adequate source volume is still the key of audio quality for wireless phones.

Quote:
No, my source is clean; with other headphones, there's no noise.

Altering the volume did alter the level of the hiss, but at normal volume, the hiss was notable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back