Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Jan 11, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #1,502 of 2,329
Does L&P W1 suffer from EMI noise with iphone ? I'm starting to feel bad that I rushed and sold mine S1.

I'm also curious about EMI noise of the L&P W1 compared to the Paw S1. Sometimes that EMI noise makes me hate my Paw S1, but only when I hve it in my pocket with the smartphone.

Jan 11, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #1,503 of 2,329
I'm also curious about EMI noise of the L&P W1 compared to the Paw S1. Sometimes that EMI noise makes me hate my Paw S1, but only when I hve it in my pocket with the smartphone.
Haven’t take mine out yet, today I took the sparrow to work, it definitely has a worst case of efi than ltp s1, I think it won’t go out with me again tbh. Sound quality is super but the pops and cracks are unbearable. Will take the l&p w1 out tomorrow and post my impressions

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #1,504 of 2,329
Haven’t take mine out yet, today I took the sparrow to work, it definitely has a worst case of efi than ltp s1, I think it won’t go out with me again tbh. Sound quality is super but the pops and cracks are unbearable. Will take it out tomorrow and post my impressions

Thanks Alex, we will wait for and update. It seems i’m close to another purchase of a dongle 🙈

Jan 12, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #1,505 of 2,329
Jan 12, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #1,507 of 2,329
Is there a difference between SE and balanced output in sound quality?

Are EMI noises very present using it with the smartphone?

Can anyone make a comparison with FiiO BTR5 in USB DAC mode?
I'm interested because tonight I saw that it is now also on AliExpress, 140 €.

I am reading that many change the stock cable with an aftermarket one, the stock one is poor and gives more interference?

Jan 12, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #1,508 of 2,329

I am reading that many change the stock cable with an aftermarket one, the stock one is poor and gives more interference?
I use the S1 with both an iPhone and a Google pixel. I have had no issues whatsoever. The balanced output seems to be more detailed and is my preference for sure, although the sound via 3.5 se is very good as well.
I don’t get any interference when using the stock cables and they are in the same condition as when I first bought the S1.
The S1 is the only Dac/amp I need; the sound is exceptional and the overall quality is superb. Definitely one of my better purchases.

Jan 12, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #1,509 of 2,329

I've read that S1 has better sq than BTR5, wider soundstage, more detail... but BRT5 has bluetooth. If you need bluetooth, BRT5 is your best choice. I love my Lotoo Paw S1 but I'm thinking about buying a BTR5 for Bluetooth connection.

Jan 12, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #1,510 of 2,329
I'm here to give you an impression uncoloured by price expectation bias. Comparing the S1 to a $1,000 reference, studio monitor controller (Dangerous Source in this instance) I'd say the S1 gives me 90%, if not more, of the sound quality. I wouldn't give my Source up because of its superior driving power (not unexpected) and myriad of functionality to run numerous sets of speakers and headphones, amongst other things, but that's just the way it is. I'm not going to use hyperbole such as night and day, huge improvement, and whatever else is common to describe a minimal improvement. Fact is, perhaps there isn't really even a "better" sound quality between the two, just different tuning. Pitch forks at the ready folks, I'll see you at the stake :upside_down:

Jan 14, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #1,512 of 2,329
Haven’t take mine out yet, today I took the sparrow to work, it definitely has a worst case of efi than ltp s1, I think it won’t go out with me again tbh. Sound quality is super but the pops and cracks are unbearable. Will take the l&p w1 out tomorrow and post my impressions
I'm excited,
also does it heat up?
and does it drain the battery quicker than the S1?
thank you,

Jan 14, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #1,513 of 2,329
I'm excited,
also does it heat up?
and does it drain the battery quicker than the S1?
thank you,
It doesn’t heat up (nor does the s1 imc) battery draining ... I’ve been trying to get a battery replacement for months because with or without dongle my battery life is quite down (72% on my iPhone), I think both have around the same usage though, mainly cause iOS locks the power usage for outside dongles to 2V or so (correct me If im wrong please) therefor any dongle scales greatly in a laptop or with a Y connector

Jan 14, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #1,514 of 2,329
I'm here to give you an impression uncoloured by price expectation bias. Comparing the S1 to a $1,000 reference, studio monitor controller (Dangerous Source in this instance) I'd say the S1 gives me 90%, if not more, of the sound quality. I wouldn't give my Source up because of its superior driving power (not unexpected) and myriad of functionality to run numerous sets of speakers and headphones, amongst other things, but that's just the way it is. I'm not going to use hyperbole such as night and day, huge improvement, and whatever else is common to describe a minimal improvement. Fact is, perhaps there isn't really even a "better" sound quality between the two, just different tuning. Pitch forks at the ready folks, I'll see you at the stake :upside_down:

From the memory S1 lacks behind against my desktop equipment, mostly in dynamics and stage, but these characteristics are mainly impacted if underpowered and I have used S1 solely with my iphone which is not fair to compare against amp with dedicated power source. To my ears difference was not large, but easy to notice, though S1 was used only with iphone... I’m still interested to try R2R2 dac, but it’s super expensive and I’m scared to run into small returns of SQ improvement. That happened to me with cables... now no one could talk me into expensive cable purchase anymore 🙈

Users who are viewing this thread

Back