Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Jan 15, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #1,517 of 2,329
How does this sound when compared to the real Lotoo PAW Gold ??

Does this work on Windows OS laptop ???
It works on Windows 7, windows 10, Nintendo switch and pretty much anything.
I would say it sounds similar to LPG but less powerful and a bit less detailed but with same black background.
For the money there is nothing else out there better.

Jan 15, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #1,518 of 2,329
Thanks again for this, mine just arrived!

598F4602-9E6E-47BA-B7C5-6CCAEC0F922C.jpeg

Same here. Lightning cable is starting to fray on the lightning end. It still works fine, but who know for how long and obviously the aesthetics took a hit. A new OEM one is $35, so I just ponied up a little more (I think it was like $42) and got the ddHiFi TC28i (female USB C to male lightning adapter) and TC05 (USB C male to USB C male cable) combo. The cable has a TPU exterior, so it should fare better than the fabric of the OEM cable. The combo also has the benefit of using the same cable to connect the S1 to my iPhone, iPad Pro or a computer.

EDIT: and while the angled adapter makes it slightly more awkward using with a phone in portrait mode, it’s much better in landscape.
1609443893337.jpeg

Jan 16, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #1,519 of 2,329
Info to add onto my previous comments/info posted in this and the P6K Forum, for those who might find this info useful...and to add to Canislayu and Leaky74's psots
As I and others have mentioned the Lotoo S1 Lightning to to USB-C cable works on connecting an Apple Device to both the S1 and P6K.
But I saw elsewhere in Head-Fi someone discussing a new adapter from DD-Hifi TC28i (Picture below) that is a Lightning Male to USB-C Female adapter made from machined Aluminum for the housing.
It is an OTG adapter too! (prevent draining devices by charging the other)
It allows you to use a higher quality USB-C to USB-C or USB-A 3.1 cable and connect your devices to a an Apple Lightning product
YMMV but I've been able to connect an iPad, IPad Air 2, iPhone X, and an iPhone 11 Pro to both the S1 and P6K, to several other Amp/DAC combos that have USB-C or Micro USB without issues.
So far it is THE ONLY connector I have that works across all my AMP/DAC devices, and all my Apple devices, previously one cable would work with one combo, but not another.
This will allow me to consolidate and get rid of a number of cables.
I've seen this little adapter being sold through various stores on the net, so not going to pitch one over the other but rather go get one if you have Apple devices as it will help you consolidate. Haven't had time to do any measurements, except with what is between my ears but the impressions so far is it does not add any unwanted signals/sounds and does not color the sound at all.
Bargain for the $25 I paid for it, given I've had to buy some much more expensive Lightning to USB Cables to date
Just wanted to pass this on to those on this forum!

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #1,521 of 2,329
There is already some information. Be patient and follow this thread. I'm sure this information will appear here when the update is released. But I understand, being patient is not my cup of tea too. :wink:

Jan 17, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #1,523 of 2,329
I am more curious to see what other features will be added.

They should add some better cables, since they're obviously 💩 compared to the otherwise fabulous product.
Like other people mine became flimsy too and have to bend it into one direction to avoid steady disconnects between UBS-DAC and device.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #1,524 of 2,329
Info to add onto my previous comments/info posted in this and the P6K Forum, for those who might find this info useful...and to add to Canislayu and Leaky74's psots
As I and others have mentioned the Lotoo S1 Lightning to to USB-C cable works on connecting an Apple Device to both the S1 and P6K.
But I saw elsewhere in Head-Fi someone discussing a new adapter from DD-Hifi TC28i (Picture below) that is a Lightning Male to USB-C Female adapter made from machined Aluminum for the housing.
It is an OTG adapter too! (prevent draining devices by charging the other)
It allows you to use a higher quality USB-C to USB-C or USB-A 3.1 cable and connect your devices to a an Apple Lightning product
YMMV but I've been able to connect an iPad, IPad Air 2, iPhone X, and an iPhone 11 Pro to both the S1 and P6K, to several other Amp/DAC combos that have USB-C or Micro USB without issues.
So far it is THE ONLY connector I have that works across all my AMP/DAC devices, and all my Apple devices, previously one cable would work with one combo, but not another.
This will allow me to consolidate and get rid of a number of cables.
I've seen this little adapter being sold through various stores on the net, so not going to pitch one over the other but rather go get one if you have Apple devices as it will help you consolidate. Haven't had time to do any measurements, except with what is between my ears but the impressions so far is it does not add any unwanted signals/sounds and does not color the sound at all.
Bargain for the $25 I paid for it, given I've had to buy some much more expensive Lightning to USB Cables to date
Just wanted to pass this on to those on this forum!
It is a pretty good adapter with some quirks. On my iPhone 12 pro I have to plug it in like 3-5 times and wait till I finally get sound out of anything connected to it. It works but I don't think I've seen anyone complain about this on other iphones. I like it though. I would recommend it and the cable DDhifi sells with it.
C251BE1A-84BE-4A07-BC2C-D6FA3296E23F.jpeg

Jan 17, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #1,525 of 2,329
It is a pretty good adapter with some quirks. On my iPhone 12 pro I have to plug it in like 3-5 times and wait till I finally get sound out of anything connected to it. It works but I don't think I've seen anyone complain about this on other iphones. I like it though. I would recommend it and the cable DDhifi sells with it.
C251BE1A-84BE-4A07-BC2C-D6FA3296E23F.jpeg
I would check the lightning port, maybe a quick swipe with a headphone cleaner? Or some compressed air? I’ve been using it with my 4 year old iPhone X and I try to keep the port as clean as possible. Maybe some debris? Just my 2 cents

Jan 17, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #1,527 of 2,329
Has anyone had both S1 and Dragonfly Red / Cobalt and been able to compare them?
I have them both, but I didn't need to compare them yet. I'm pretty sure that my DF Red will leave my house very soon without any comparison.

Jan 17, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #1,528 of 2,329
I would check the lightning port, maybe a quick swipe with a headphone cleaner? Or some compressed air? I’ve been using it with my 4 year old iPhone X and I try to keep the port as clean as possible. Maybe some debris? Just my 2 cents
I’m pretty sure it’s just an issue with something related to the new iPhone. The apple usb dongle works perfectly with zero issue. It just takes a bit to get going the first time. I’m pretty sure I had all kinds of weird issues with usb when I first got my iPhone X forever ago. New tech problems.

Jan 17, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #1,529 of 2,329
I have them both, but I didn't need to compare them yet. I'm pretty sure that my DF Red will leave my house very soon without any comparison.
I'm thinking of getting one, I think more Cobalt than Red.

It's because I no longer want to deal with balanced outputs that sound better and are more powerful than the SE and force you to rewire every headphone / iem you buy.

But if S1 were actually better than Cobalt I would go for that, also considering how much I would save.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back