Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Oct 27, 2020 at 1:34 AM Post #1,277 of 2,329
Thanks. I want to use it to attach one end to the S1 and the other end to my MacBook Pro. Not sure if I need OTG for that.
Deferenz,
Nope for use with a MacBook, you probably won't need an OTG cable. Straight UBC- to USB-C should be OK, unless your very worried about battery usage, but again should not be an issue....

Oct 27, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #1,279 of 2,329
If I may ask, is there anything special about the Korean version versus any other? Some OS reworks?
The Korean model has different internals if I am not mistaken, also it has the DMB TV tuner and FM radio. Haven't tried the European version but the Korean is superior and is the first to get the firmware updates. I only buy from Korea, sorry for not being able to say more.
By the way, the V60 is made outside Korea :frowning2:

Oct 27, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #1,280 of 2,329
The Korean model has different internals if I am not mistaken, also it has the DMB TV tuner and FM radio. Haven't tried the European version but the Korean is superior and is the first to get the firmware updates. I only buy from Korea, sorry for not being able to say more.
By the way, the V60 is made outside Korea :frowning2:
I think I read somewhere that the v60 made a number of changes that some might not like. Something about tuning changes and dropping MQA support. Again, changes that SOME might not like :). I also could well be mistaken.

Oct 29, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #1,285 of 2,329
^^^ Yeah...how bad you want it? I feel ya', that soooo spendy. I quoted a new (only 1.2 meter, so not heavy) headphone cable from a Euro maker recently, and it was likewise $50 shipping, so it works both ways, in large parts.

Oct 29, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #1,288 of 2,329
Ooofffff... 50 USD shipping.
I‘m in the UK and I’ve bought a number of things from Musicteck, including the S1. It seems to be a flat fee of $50 on your order. I’ve bought single items and multiple items, but still $50 shipping. The good thing is that Musicteck are reliable and a safe place to purchase. They also use DHL, which to me is more comforting than the normal postal system. On my last order I think it was 4 days for the goods to get from the USA to my home in the UK.

Oct 30, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #1,289 of 2,329
I‘m in the UK and I’ve bought a number of things from Musicteck, including the S1. It seems to be a flat fee of $50 on your order. I’ve bought single items and multiple items, but still $50 shipping. The good thing is that Musicteck are reliable and a safe place to purchase. They also use DHL, which to me is more comforting than the normal postal system. On my last order I think it was 4 days for the goods to get from the USA to my home in the UK.

Fair, but trying to keep my budget under $200 AUD so it seems the S1 is out of my budget for now. Looking at the Hidizs S9 at the moment.

Also it turns out I misread the price of the S1 in the first place so it was already out of my budget. Oops!

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #1,290 of 2,329
Are you saying the DAC part is better than mojo? I’m consider this vs Hilidac Beam 2 for my Hifiman ananda...

I've been using the S1 connected to my Samsung Note 9 to power the Hifiman Sundaras... at 75-80 volume, high gain, it is as loud as I really ever want it to be. This is running on a cheap 4.4 IEM cable I bought off Amazon and converted to work with the Sundaras.
I believe the Anandas are easier to drive than Sundaras, so you should not have any issues.
GL. Hope you enjoy the S1!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back