Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Nov 1, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #1,295 of 2,329
I’
Did someone compare S1 with rme adi-2 dac fs ?
with a Focal clear or similar....

I will receive focal clears soon and will check if S1 will have enough juice to drive them.

Nov 1, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #1,297 of 2,329
Can somebody suggest a lightning cable that doesn’t cost a fortune? Possibly in the US. Thanks

Musicteck sells the official Lotoo S1 short lightning cable here.

Nov 1, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #1,300 of 2,329
Thanks but the usb c - lightning cable is not available for the US :slight_frown:.

Yes .. it is available .. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33009721024.html
Just choose USA in the "Ships from" box ...

1604279160524.png

Nov 2, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #1,301 of 2,329
Dense Audio Adapt Reference has those liquid and smooth mids reminiscent of a pair of Audeze. Paw S1 is good but the midrange is a little too neutral and somewhat dryish. It's good if you are into the neutral sort of sound but the midrange on the Adapt is just beautiful.

Adapt also has tighter bass with better impact. I never liked the bass impact of AKM chips.

Hi, I did not get it if you tried to put S1 together with the BA300s mkii, and if it's the case, has it been "worthy"? :)
I am speculating over this kind of combo, maybe a bit "stretchted" to some extent (the idea would be to put a smartphone at the beginning, and a pair of Isine 20 at the end).

Thnx

Nov 2, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #1,302 of 2,329
Hi, I did not get it if you tried to put S1 together with the BA300s mkii, and if it's the case, has it been "worthy"? :)
I am speculating over this kind of combo, maybe a bit "stretchted" to some extent (the idea would be to put a smartphone at the beginning, and a pair of Isine 20 at the end).

Thnx
Paw S1 works great with BA300s mki and should work with mkii but imo Paw S1 is a little too neutral sound wise. It's a boring sound.

Nov 2, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #1,304 of 2,329
Paw S1 works great with BA300s mki and should work with mkii but imo Paw S1 is a little too neutral sound wise. It's a boring sound.
S1 with "headphone" mode make my Isine 20 Rumble and "emotional". Maybe I am far away for being "audiophile" After all, but I believe It Is a Little gem, from time to time being a tad congested.

I believe in that sense BA300s should give more body, Better separation and add some color with the tubes.

My Major fear Is about getting distortion and amplified noise too.. in that sense S1 does not seems to have that much of a dark background.. at least in my setup with a smartphone; by chance I tried from my N3Pro (USB out) and seems way Better, but Need yet to compare with same song/format to be sure.

Btw I am keeping an Eye opened on the oriolus amp, since if that "works" I can get rid of some DAPs going around the house at the moment... :wink:

PS. Btw what Is supposed to be the "Dental" mode in S1? :)

Nov 2, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #1,305 of 2,329
EFX (effects) and ATE (acoustic timbre embellisher) are fixed 'presets' in Lotoo DAPs while PEQ (parametric EQ) is obviously customizable. I think there is always a little bit of mystery behind these EFX/ATE and if it's a combination of dsp and eq. On S1 you don't have access to customizable EQ, but you can tap into all these presets. And whatever sounds good to your ears with earphones/headphones of your preference and the type of music you are listening to - that IS what's the best :wink: You know how it is, everybody have a different taste in sound and effects will shape and change the signature and tonality of your specific headphones, thus it all comes down to whatever you like!

As I wrote earlier on, really curios about this "Dental" mode :)

Btw all in all It could be great to have a reference guide that can show users what those choices should lead to.. of course listening Is the First step in judging them, but to know the ratio behind and the desired effects would enhance the user experience imho. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back