Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Aug 14, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #934 of 2,329
So weirdly enough it seems to be an issue with the included cable. I have a USB c external hard drive cable that works but not the included one...
Same here, the included cable sucks big time. I tested the sound quality with a better cable en even the sound is way better. With the original cable the sound is sharp, with a better cable way nicer, less fatigue.

Aug 14, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #935 of 2,329
DSC_0023.jpg

S1 + Moondrop SSR. Good time...

From ClieOS himself, I would have expected earbuds rather than IEMs in the pair up picture :wink:

Aug 14, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #936 of 2,329
Same here, the included cable sucks big time. I tested the sound quality with a better cable en even the sound is way better. With the original cable the sound is sharp, with a better cable way nicer, less fatigue.
Totally agree. This also seems to be the consensus among the Chinese user community: A better cable can dramatically improve the performance of S1. The cable does’t need to be expensive. I have seen people report performance improvement from cables worth 10-30 dollars.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #937 of 2,329
So weirdly enough it seems to be an issue with the included cable. I have a USB c external hard drive cable that works but not the included one...

This is not an uncommon problem with general USB C use. USB-C cables are suppose to have an internal chip called "E Mark" that contains all the information about what the cable limits are for power and data. Unfortunately not all cables have it, which defaults to the lowest values. That may be fine for the S1, but your phone may not like it.

I have a nice short USB C cable that has worked with every USB C device and charger I own as well as Thunderbolt:

Cable

Only $10 from Amazon if you are looking for good alternative.

Aug 14, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #938 of 2,329
From ClieOS himself, I would have expected earbuds rather than IEMs in the pair up picture :wink:

Not if it is something worth taking a note of :wink:

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #939 of 2,329

Totally agree. This also seems to be the consensus among the Chinese user community: A better cable can dramatically improve the performance of S1. The cable does’t need to be expensive. I have seen people report performance improvement from cables worth 10-30 dollars.

Pardon my ignorance, but does this really make a difference, or could those be defective cables? I would think it's just sending the digital signal, and either it works or it doesn't. The S1 would do audio processing anyway?

I currently don't have any complaints with my S1 - that goes for both the included cable and Lotoo's lightning version. But I haven't tried other USB cables either.

Aug 14, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #941 of 2,329
Pardon my ignorance, but does this really make a difference, or could those be defective cables? I would think it's just sending the digital signal, and either it works or it doesn't. The S1 would do audio processing anyway?

I currently don't have any complaints with my S1 - that goes for both the included cable and Lotoo's lightning version. But I haven't tried other USB cables either.
I think most S1 cables work fine, but some people have reported connectivity issues. Also, as I understand it, different cables differ in their efficiency in transmitting signals; that’s why the material and purity of the material could matter.

Aug 15, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #942 of 2,329

Normally I would agree, it's data so it either works or not but strangely even my wife hears difference, ofcourse it could be a bad cable but there is a BIG sound difference.

Aug 15, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #943 of 2,329
Normally I would agree, it's data so it either works or not but strangely even my wife hears difference, ofcourse it could be a bad cable but there is a BIG sound difference.

That’s a strong statement for the cable that only transmits digital data. It could be if cable is faulty and you hear interference/signal lost. Other than that such cables doesn’t make any difference, but you are always free to believe whatever you feel to

Aug 15, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #945 of 2,329
That’s a strong statement for the cable that only transmits digital data. It could be if cable is faulty and you hear interference/signal lost. Other than that such cables doesn’t make any difference, but you are always free to believe whatever you feel to
I think it must be the interference, again the original cable really sucks compared to another one. To overcome they say you can use Faraday tape, I ordered the cable that was mentioned here in this thread(ddhifi). The cable i'am using now (with no interference) is too long I wanted a shorter one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back