Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Jun 18, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #391 of 2,329
Hi. It worked on my M6. Tried Hiby, Spotify and Tidal.
But playing Tidal master will stutter :frowning2: maybe M6 didn't have enough juice.
Thanks...I must just have a wonky M6!

Jun 18, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #393 of 2,329
Hi. It worked on my M6. Tried Hiby, Spotify and Tidal.
But playing Tidal master will stutter :frowning2: maybe M6 didn't have enough juice.
i think my issue was due to running short on memory. When I freed up about 1 gb on my sd card and transferred storage to it instead of the internal memory, it started working with the S1.

Jun 18, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #394 of 2,329
Hello, Thank you for impression, can you please provide update any sound differences after hours of usage? and which one have lowest noise floor in sensitive iems?
So I have listened to both the S1 and the Hip DAC for about a week or two now and I have some more thoughts about the two. The Hip DAC has an audible noise floor when using with sensitive IEM's out of the balanced 4.4. From what I've heard, this can be mitigated using the 3.5 mm output which is also balanced apparently but I don't have a 3.5 balanced cable to check. My initial impressions about the sound from both still stand as representative of the two units although I would say the differences are more slight compared to my initial impressions. The S1 is slightly more neutral and clear while the hip dac is slightly more warm and lush. I have found myself using the S1 more often though since it does not have to be charged and is way more convenient to use since you don't have to worry about battery life. My favorite part of the Hip DAC is the xBass boost which works pretty well in adding bass to neutral/bass light headphones.

Jun 18, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #395 of 2,329
So I have listened to both the S1 and the Hip DAC for about a week or two now and I have some more thoughts about the two. The Hip DAC has an audible noise floor when using with sensitive IEM's out of the balanced 4.4. From what I've heard, this can be mitigated using the 3.5 mm output which is also balanced apparently but I don't have a 3.5 balanced cable to check. My initial impressions about the sound from both still stand as representative of the two units although I would say the differences are more slight compared to my initial impressions. The S1 is slightly more neutral and clear while the hip dac is slightly more warm and lush. I have found myself using the S1 more often though since it does not have to be charged and is way more convenient to use since you don't have to worry about battery life. My favorite part of the Hip DAC is the xBass boost which works pretty well in adding bass to neutral/bass light headphones.
Is the Full-Bass EQ preset on the S1 anywhere comparable to the xBass on the Hip?

Jun 19, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #399 of 2,329
expected.... Interferences/noises using with note8 + 4.4 + stock cable.
Changed stock cable to Fiio CL06, the same.

Jun 20, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #401 of 2,329
Finally arrived mine.

Attachments

• IMG-20200620-WA0051.jpg
    IMG-20200620-WA0051.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20200620-WA0052.jpg
    IMG-20200620-WA0052.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 0
Jun 20, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #402 of 2,329
So, after some troubles with fedex, here it is, back home. What changed? better soundstage (a bit more open), sub bass has better presence and weight, a bit more power, LESS INTERFERENCE! (It did made a change) if I already loved this little fella, now I’m totally in love of it. More impressions soon

Attachments

• A6E380A5-2560-40AB-89BC-F9CA947F1CC6.jpeg
    A6E380A5-2560-40AB-89BC-F9CA947F1CC6.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 0
Jun 21, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #403 of 2,329
The long and short of the interference issue is as follows:
  • Poor internal shielding. Putting it so close to the phone (maybe next to the antenna) results in this.
  • Circuitry is not fully balanced. In theory interference picked up should cancel in a fully diff circuit, but if we use a single-ended to differential conversion circuit as is common in lower power devices, this is not the case.
Context: I'm an electrical engineer.

Jun 21, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #404 of 2,329
The long and short of the interference issue is as follows:
  • Poor internal shielding. Putting it so close to the phone (maybe next to the antenna) results in this.
  • Circuitry is not fully balanced. In theory interference picked up should cancel in a fully diff circuit, but if we use a single-ended to differential conversion circuit as is common in lower power devices, this is not the case.
Context: I'm an electrical engineer.
I have found dongles like the S1 and the 9038s gen2 to be impacted by cellular signals, but not WiFi... so I cannot use either with my phone, but I can use them with my DAP, but I really don’t want to carry my DAP when I have my phone (I use my DAP around the house)... I think I may have to rethink the whole dongle thing, at least as long as I continue to use an LG phone. But, will have to be more discerning in my purchases if I go to a phone without a headphone jack...

Jun 21, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #405 of 2,329
Touchwood so far mine didn't encounter that issue while using on phone. Even using fb, youtube, xiami. Maybe I use DDhifi cable tco5. Only slightly noise while using original cable come with when there no music or apps running

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back