Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Sep 12, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #2,192 of 2,329
Forgive me for asking such a noob question. Can Lotoo Paw S1 be connected to any external amp through 4.4mm balanced port ?

It's not a true LO, they don't even specify it as a pseudo LO, only PO. But regardless, yes, you can connect it to external amp. Coincidentally, S2 spec lists Line Out output voltage for both 3.5mm and 4.4mm outputs.

Oct 14, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #2,196 of 2,329
@HuoYuanJia
Re. “Dental” filter, i finally asked about it on a chinese forum, turns out, sibilance is called “teeth sounds” in Chinese, and that filter acts as sibilance control for upper mid forward iems.

A little late but now it all makes sense…

I always wondered about this. 👍 Frankly, I find the presets way too strong for my taste, the only one I sometimes use is Headphone.

Oct 14, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #2,197 of 2,329
I always wondered about this. 👍 Frankly, I find the presets way too strong for my taste, the only one I sometimes use is Headphone.
I don't use the presets on my S1 or L&P W1. Incoming audiophile heretical statement: I want my earphones/headphones to sound how they were designed to sound. If I have to use EQ then I have the wrong earphone/headphone. Speakers and room acoustics are a totally different animal.

Oct 16, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #2,198 of 2,329
I don't use the presets on my S1 or L&P W1. Incoming audiophile heretical statement: I want my earphones/headphones to sound how they were designed to sound. If I have to use EQ then I have the wrong earphone/headphone. Speakers and room acoustics are a totally different animal.
Depends on your age, wait a few years and you might be thankful for EQ. Trust me, I was in the same attitude.

Oct 16, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #2,199 of 2,329
Depends on your age, wait a few years and you might be thankful for EQ. Trust me, I was in the same attitude.
It amuses me that people think they hear anything the way it was “designed”…. As if any of us have reference hearing, or the designers of gear or producers of music hear things precisely the way others do 😂😂😂. Ah…, to be innocent again….

Oct 16, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #2,200 of 2,329
It amuses me that people think they hear anything the way it was “designed”…. As if any of us have reference hearing, or the designers of gear or producers of music hear things precisely the way others do 😂😂😂. Ah…, to be innocent again….
Was this directed at me as I referenced "designed"? If so, then read spoiler,
I pick IEMs for tuning as one important element of an IEM's sonics. EQing changes the tuning. If I don't like how an IEM sounds (is tuned), I look elsewhere.I don't see the need to change EQ as I change between a number of IEMs.
. If not directed at me, just ignore.

Oct 17, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #2,201 of 2,329
No problem - not directed at you! it just offered me a chance to make a general comment! My ears are nearly 6 decades old and I am keenly aware that hearing is highly variable, and changes over life!

Oct 17, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #2,202 of 2,329
Was this directed at me as I referenced "designed"? If so, then read spoiler,
I pick IEMs for tuning as one important element of an IEM's sonics. EQing changes the tuning. If I don't like how an IEM sounds (is tuned), I look elsewhere.I don't see the need to change EQ as I change between a number of IEMs.
. If not directed at me, just ignore.

No problem - not directed at you! it just offered me a chance to make a general comment :)! My ears are nearly 6 decades old and I am keenly aware that hearing is highly variable, and changes over life!

Oct 27, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #2,203 of 2,329
Hi folks. I've just got my S1, has anyone managed to use it with Tidal's new Android audio bypass feature yet? The app prompts me to allow the DAC when I connect it, but when streaming a master quality track the S1s display indicates "NONE" where I would expect to see "4 x MQA". There's no issue with sound distortion or anything though. It works as expected through UAPP.

Oct 27, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #2,204 of 2,329
Hi folks. I've just got my S1, has anyone managed to use it with Tidal's new Android audio bypass feature yet? The app prompts me to allow the DAC when I connect it, but when streaming a master quality track the S1s display indicates "NONE" where I would expect to see "4 x MQA". There's no issue with sound distortion or anything though. It works as expected through UAPP.

I assume you are using it with Android phone? Right now on S1 and S2, both loaded with the latest fw, I see OFS/4X with the latest Tidal app, and with UAPP it shows up with MQA/4X.

Oct 28, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #2,205 of 2,329
Hi. Yes, Android. I have the latest S1 firmware, maybe I don't have the latest Tidal update, will confirm. Definitely only seeing "none" on the S1 display at the moment 🤔 It's good to know that in theory, it does work, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back