Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Sep 9, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #2,164 of 2,329
Yes. 230mw@32ohm per ch.
Damn, I was grossly misled into believing that the Lotoo PAW S1 was more powerful than the Shanling UA1 just because it mentioned 70mw/ch instead of just 100mW in the case of UA2. That means the UA2 comes out to 200 mW. Shop owner will do anything to sell higher priced items.

Sep 9, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #2,165 of 2,329
Damn, I was grossly misled into believing that the Lotoo PAW S1 was more powerful than the Shanling UA1 just because it mentioned 70mw/ch instead of just 100mW in the case of UA2. That means the UA2 comes out to 200 mW. Shop owner will do anything to sell higher priced items.
Yes. Lotoo 120mw@32ohm vs u2 195mw@32 in balance mode. But lotoo has the quality and EQ feature which has more impact on music rather than non EQ powerful dac/ amp. That's make s1 costlier than u2 inspite of low power of the former.

Sep 9, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #2,166 of 2,329
Yes. Lotoo 120mw@32ohm vs u2 195mw@32 in balance mode. But lotoo has the quality and EQ feature which has more impact on music rather than non EQ powerful dac/ amp. That's make s1 costlier than u2 inspite of low power of the former.
That's fine as an argument. But trying to say the lotoo paw s1 is more powerful than UA2 just to force a sale is obviously wrong.

Sep 9, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #2,173 of 2,329
From Lotoo FB page, in reference to S2

《 New Product Launch 》
Successor to the widely acclaimed PAW S1, the PAW S2 comes with an increased complement of a ground-breaking new circuit design, resultingly the performance achieved is awe-inspiring despite its diminutive size.
Powered by the now legendary AKM4377 DAC chip and coupled with the full suite of Lotoo’s advanced audio technologies, PAW S2 has raised the bar again for the ever portable, compact, dongle-style USB DACs.
HIGHLIGHTS
1. Superior sound technologies encased in a rugged but sleek design
2. High Resolution without high power consumption
3. New “Remote Control” feature & New OTG Cables available in two different lengths (65mm & 800mm); can be paired with the belt-clip
4. Potent enough to drive even demanding headphones
5. 4.4 Balanced & 3.5 Single-Ended Dual Outputs
6. MQA Certified
MSRP: USD249

Damn it. I'm probably going to have to get this now 😑 More for the improved functionality than any of the other "upgrades".

What headphones are people using this with that you with moar power? I've never, ever needed to go above 60 on high gain. I mean, it's a dongle. You guys and your obsession with power output is a little weird to me.

Sep 9, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #2,174 of 2,329
Damn it. I'm probably going to have to get this now 😑 More for the improved functionality than any of the other "upgrades".

What headphones are people using this with that you with moar power? I've never, ever needed to go above 60 on high gain. I mean, it's a dongle. You guys and your obsession with power output is a little weird to me.
Yeah. That's the catch. Go for quality amp/dac dongle rather than more powerful dongle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back